Favorite Episode?

imported_Sandman

confused
Okay, now I know it's hard to narrow it down people, but can I get a glimpse at some of your favorite eps? I'll make it easy, top 3...okay, okay, top 5. Anyone?

I'll start (you all better follow)

1-"The Leap Back" Okay, so I'm partial to Al eps. This is the one where AL and Sam switch uh, spots. Sam is now the hologram and Al is the leaper. Lots of humor and angst. And Donna!

2-"MIA" (see above reason:rolleyes: ) In this ep Al tries to get Sam to keep Beth (his ex-wife) from declaring Al KIA in Vietnam. Poor Al :( Unfortunately, Al doesn't tell Sam the real reason he's there and nearly gets someone killed. Sweet, if sad, ep.

3-"The Boogieman" Funny Halloween ep, complete with snakes, killer goats, Stephen king, and a oddly familiar Satan.:evil:

4-"Shock Theatre" Sam's stuck in a mental hospital and can't seem to remember who he really is--keeps flashing back on the the people he's lept into (without being a cheesy "flashback" ep). Poor Al is beside himself when he has to get Sam another dangerous dose of electroshock therapy or risk losing him forever. A prequal to "The Leap Back".

5-"Moments To Live" Sam leaps into a soap opera star who gets kidnapped by a rabid fan who has plans for Sam to father her child. Think Misery. Great fun.

I think that wraps it up. *sigh* but I have soo many more. Oh well. That should get us started.

I have alot of favorites too, but I don't know their titles. :rolleyes:

I liked the one where Sam is in Vietnam and at the end he see's Al in a the picture taken by the photographer that tags along with Sam's unit. Al was MIA in Vietnam.

I also liked the series finally. He is finally able to see himself in the mirror(instead of the person he leaps into). He talkeds with the bartender, Al(but not his Al) and figures out who is controling his leaps. At the end of the episode, it says that Sam never returns home.

The one's where he leaps into woman are always good for a laugh too.

I like the one where Sam is a valet for a rich scrooge like person. It's funny because "scrooge" can see Al.

"OH, boy" :D I could go on but those are some of my favorites.
:blpaw:

I don't expect anyone to know the titles, I only know about half of them ( I cheat with my videos and a handy dandy notebook). I just wanna know what everyone likes.:rolly2:

Oh, wow. Hard to choose, and I don't have an epi list handy........

1. Shock Theater is definitely my favorite.

2. Last Dance before an Execution (Sam on death row) is also way up there.

3. What Price Gloria? - The first time poor Sam is in a dress - hilarious.

4. Black and White on Fire - The Watts Riots episode.

I'm going to save my 5th spot - I want to look at an episode list and get back to 'ya........

umm im gonna find this tricky to decide.... hmm
well any of the ones where he is a girl are funny esp when he leaps into the pregnant girl and actually thinks hes gonna give birth! i like the ones where he influnences someone whos gonna be big like stephen king, buddy holly and that crime writer one. i have a book on QL which has two of the eps in full in it which was cool cos one of them i saw before i read it and the other was vice versa both were cool - they were the ones where he is suspecting of killing his police/detective partner and then the ghost one, which was real creepy. oh and the stephen king one with the devil was really creepy. its nice to see an episode and not be able to guess the plot that devil bit was a really cool twist!

Oh, you just reminded me of another good one.
Sam is a detective investigating murders. He is working with a psychic who is helping with the investigations and also figures out who he really is. She is even able to sense Al.
Oh there are just to many good episodes :rolly2:
:blpaw:

Originally posted by Sandman
Okay, now I know it's hard to narrow it down people, but can I get a glimpse at some of your favorite eps? I'll make it easy, top 3...okay, okay, top 5. Anyone?

I'll start (you all better follow)

1-"The Leap Back" Okay, so I'm partial to Al eps. This is the one where AL and Sam switch uh, spots. Sam is now the hologram and Al is the leaper. Lots of humor and angst. And Donna!

2-"MIA" (see above reason:rolleyes: ) In this ep Al tries to get Sam to keep Beth (his ex-wife) from declaring Al KIA in Vietnam. Poor Al :( Unfortunately, Al doesn't tell Sam the real reason he's there and nearly gets someone killed. Sweet, if sad, ep.

3-"The Boogieman" Funny Halloween ep, complete with snakes, killer goats, Stephen king, and a oddly familiar Satan.:evil:

4-"Shock Theatre" Sam's stuck in a mental hospital and can't seem to remember who he really is--keeps flashing back on the the people he's lept into (without being a cheesy "flashback" ep). Poor Al is beside himself when he has to get Sam another dangerous dose of electroshock therapy or risk losing him forever. A prequal to "The Leap Back".

I think these would feature in my top 5 too - I tend to like Al based stories. ;)

Number 5 . . . There are far too many to choose from and I just can't think off the top of my head. Maybe Jimmy, Good Night, Dear Heart, or maybe The Leap Home. :cool:

I LOVED MIA..I think it was my fav actually. Also loved the 3 episode one where Sam was Violets father, then lover, then lawyer. The mother was one scary dude with those unblinking piercing blue eyes..brings a shiver to my spine just thinking about her..

Carkedit :dead:

I know its been ages since anyone posted on this thread, but I had to post cos this morning I have just seen one of my fave (possibly THE best) eps ever

The Leap Home Part II - where Sam leaps into Magic a solider in his brother's unit in Vietnam. He is over the moon cos it means he gets another chance to save Tom from getting killed.

At the end Maggie the photojournalist is the one the dies but not before she takes that final Pulitzer Prize winning photo of the the POW's running thru the jungle and her last photo is of Al turning and seeing her as he runs.

At the end Sam looks at the pic and then at Al and the look on Sam's is indescribable and he says 'you could have been free'
Al looks back at Sam and says 'I was free - (tapping his head) I was already free in here' man that gets to me every time I see it and makes be boo hoo - fantastic episode from a fantastic show - I wish they still made it

First time here, better late than never I always say.

I watched QL when I was very young so the episodes are a little fuzzy but the one I remeber the clearest was Sam helping a young woman who was deaf, realise her dream of becoming a dancer. He made her go to auditions and things, I think in the end she made it.

Originally posted by Brit Chick
The Leap Home Part II - where Sam leaps into Magic a solider in his brother's unit in Vietnam. He is over the moon cos it means he gets another chance to save Tom from getting killed.

At the end Maggie the photojournalist is the one the dies but not before she takes that final Pulitzer Prize winning photo of the the POW's running thru the jungle and her last photo is of Al turning and seeing her as he runs.

At the end Sam looks at the pic and then at Al and the look on Sam's is indescribable and he says 'you could have been free'
Al looks back at Sam and says 'I was free - (tapping his head) I was already free in here' man that gets to me every time I see it and makes be boo hoo - fantastic episode from a fantastic show - I wish they still made it

how could i have left that one off my list? what was i thinking!?:eek: you're right. totally one of the best eps ever. :coolyello

I loved The Leap Home both parts. I had tears in my eyes when he hugged his mum (I am female, we get a bit choked up on this stuff) Part two was good just to find out what happened to his brother and I had forgotten about Al being a prisioner ( another good tissue moment)
It was a good show with a great concept, maybe they could bring it back and re do the last episode, I never did like that last episode.