Episode reviews

imported_space monkey

I'm back! Be afraid...
some people have seen more eps than others so please share your knowledge of individual story lines at this thread. i'll be back... hehe

What episodes do you want reviewed? I've seen them all, some of them a couple times. I'm not a great reviewer but I can at least tell you what the episode was about.
:blpaw:

If you could just give a rough outline of some of the plots I'd be very grateful. :)I'm working on some too so then we can build up a list for people to look at and comment on if they've seen them.

I've actually got a book on the show so any episode you want just ask or tell me what order i should start and i can do a few reviews--okay more than a few i guess.:rolly2:

Here's a little synopsis of the first few eps (I'll go in order)

Spoiler alert!!! If you haven't seen season one you'll probably be spoiled. :eek:

"Quantum Leap":
Sept. 13, 1956 and Sept. 1968
The pilot was a two parter and just the beginning to the madness :D
In the beginning there was Sam Beckett, only Sam Beckett had not a clue as to his identity. In fact he doesn't remember anything at all. He wakes up to find out that he is "Tom Stratton", an Air Force test pilot with a son and a pregnant wife. Funny thing is, he's pretty sure he'd remember something like that, right?
The only thing he does seem to remember is that he's not Tom Stratton and he's not in the Air Force and he certainly doesn't know how to fly. To make matters worse there's a strangely dressed man following him around calling him "Sam" and no one else seems to be able to see him.
Al eventually manages to get through to him and even helps Sam fly the experimental supersonic aircraft Stratton's supposed to use to break Mach 3. Oh, and Sam's supposed to find a way to stop Stratton's wife from delivering prematurely. Piece of cake.
At the very end Sam leaps into a baseball player, Tim Fox, in the middle of the last game of his career. (1968)

"Star-Crossed"
June 15, 1972
I don't remember this one much, but this is what I know...
In his third ever leap, Sam leaps into a Dr. Gerald Bryant, an Eng. Lit professor at Lawrence College in 1972. The ol' Doc's seen better days and might see a few more if he'd stop drinking. Anyway, Sam's there to get him out of a shotgun wedding with a student (Jamie Lee) with whom he'd been having an affair.
But there's more in store for our buddy, as while on campus he sees Donna Elesee, the woman he almost married and would have married but for her fear of commitment. He figures it was because of having been abandoned by her father as a child. So, breaking his own time travel rules, Sam tries to get her and her father together in hopes of changing his own future for the better. Or so he hopes.

"The Right Hand of God"

Sam leaps into a boxer, Clarence "Kid" Cody, whose contract is now under the possession of a bunch of nuns. Sam has to get in shape to win a championship fight so the nuns can build a new chapel.
Kid Cody's sleaze of a promoter wants him to throw the fight and Cody's girlfriend wants him to retire and open a donut shop. Sam convinces Dixie, the girlfriend, into doing something...a little unusual to help him win the fight. He also tells her to bet her life savings on the Ali/Foreman match (of which he knew the outcome). With their winnings they were eventually able to retire and open the donut shop of their dreams.:laugh:

Thanks Sandman great start!!! I've luckily seen all those eps. I'm gonna post some synopsis' over the weekend if I get the chance but i unfort have no idea of the season so sorry for any spoilers in advance. :)

Yeah I finally managed (with the help of my little QL book) to write out quick synopsis' of two plots so here we are...

The ghost

Sam leaps back in time to find himself in a cemetery where he sees Troian, a beautiful but griefstricken young woman. On seeing Sam, the woman drags him into a mausoleum where he is confronted by the tomb of Julian Claridge. The woman then tells she is Julian Claridge's widow.

So the scene is set for a supernatural mystery. Sam realises he has leapt into the life of Dr Timothy Mintz, a ghost buster who has been sent to help Troian find out whether it is the voice of her drowned husband keeps haunting her, or whether it is someone they much from the land of the living who is trying to drive Troian...

Thsi is a bit spooky and unpredictable but good. Be careful of that maid Troian...

The gumshoe

Sam leaps into Nick Allen who looks a bit like Humphrey Bogart. He is standing above his dead partner, Phil Grimsley, who has just been shot. He is immediately arrested but later cleared. Nick is having an affair with Alison Grimsley, the widow of Phil, but he starts to think she could be the killer...

This story isnt bad. There are lots of plot twists and a couple of cool modern day kinda links in it. All in all this a good ep, hope you get to see it :) :) :)