How do you use and fire a zat-gun?

sg14ever

Database of all SG info
I always wondered. what do you do or push to open, close and fire a zat-gun?
I can't see any trigers?

We all know how a Staff is fired but what about the zat-gun?

Maybe the whole thing's one big trigger, and you just squeeze it.

:disgust: :coolorang i have a feeling it's a bit more complicated than that. althought, i know jaffa staffs have a button thingie, you can see jack use it in "children of the gods".

I know how to fire one

Well After going over my DVD's over and over pausing and playing in slow motion every zat-gun fireing seen and I can now say I know how they work.

There are 3 buttons. One of just an area on the zat gun that you push on.

the other 2 open and close the zat gun. they are just above the triger. side by side. The right button opens the zat gun the left closes it!

Any questions? :D

Yeah!

WOW is just what I think. I looked at a lot of websites for infomations on Zat's and the ones that say what roach said about the handle is a trigger is wrong!

I have a picture now.
t_zatgun.gif

You will notice on the right middle of the picture there is a button. That one opens it. A button Just like that one is on the other side of the Zat. It closes it. If you look at the hand of the person holding the Zat is thumb is on the other side of the zat making it easy to push the other closeing button.

Watch some Zat closly and you will see they all have the button's and they alway work the way I am saying!

Now I should work on the staff. :D

However, in "Within the serpent's grasp" Jack asks Teal'c how to use it and he replies "one need only squeeze it" so is he refering to point and squeeze to shoot or to operate in general? He makes no mention of triggers or buttons ......

Originally posted by Hungry
However, in "Within the serpent's grasp" Jack asks Teal'c how to use it and he replies "one need only squeeze it" so is he refering to point and squeeze to shoot or to operate in general? He makes no mention of triggers or buttons ......

Well I think Teal'c was just starting to tell Jack how to use it. To fire the gun there is a small area nere the two buttons to push down on to fire it.
I think Teal'c told Jack how to open it a few seconds after they cut away from them talking.

If you think I am wrong or want to see for your self. Look closly at zat gun's.
I noticed it most in "In the line of duty" at the end Teal'c come's out and says "I am sorry Daniel Jackson" Then fires. Watch right after he move's his thumb up and hits the Left button on the Zat.

I noticed the same thing in every Zat gun I have ever seen used!

I am 100% sure that is how they are used.

more proof

Ok More photos.

Zat1.jpg

t_zatgun.gif

Now using a computer I highlighted the buttons or areas to push.
Green is the button to push to close it.
Pink is where to push to make it fire.
White is the button to make it open.

Just to show you there is a button where the green and white is, I will show the non highlighted images.

Zat.jpg

t_zatgun.gif

And fire button is just the area in pink you push down on to fire.

New infomation

Well I did some more closly watching of some stargate episodes and they do the same thing everytime. I also noticed something else. When the zat gun opens the two little things at the tip of the gun open up.

Zat.jpg

Notice at the top of the gun there is a black bit. Well then the zat gun closes the two little parts to each side of the black tip close up and you can not see the black part.

This is something you really have to notice for yourself.

if you have The Serpents Lair then goto the part where Bra'tac (I am not sure how to spell it) is telling jack how he was going to stop the attack on earth. And look for the small clip or Sam opening and closing a zat. Slow it down to 1 frame at a time. and watch the zat tip as it moves to the sides and the Zat opens. also notice as she closes it she pushes the button I was talking about.

Well this last part like I said is hard to be shown in words. But the rest of the 3 button thing I was talking about is right! :D

if the pink area that sg14ever highlighted really is the trigger, then how come in both pictures their finger isn't on it? they're obviously both about to fire.

~Shu Hunter
:upto: stargate fan{atic}

Well first I did not put the pink just in the right place but a bit above it.
And there finger is on it. They just take there finger off it and back on it to fire. They to been too push down harder so the zat knows to fire.

That is what Teal'c was talking about when he said squeeze it. you squeeze that area to fire it.

I know this sounds a bit like just guessing but I have watched 12 episodes now and slowed all the zat scenes down and each and everytime they do what I am saying here.

If you watch a few episode I and look for what I am saying here I think you will see what I am saying.

I would, except almost all my stargate episodes I get from www.sg1archive.com and they're being attacked by the MPAA. I've e-mailed the idiot responsible, but anyway you don't get a vary high resolution from those episodes. And my local stargate station for some reason went into season 1 reruns. And i don't get that picture very well either anyway.
But I believe you. it makes sense.

~Shu Hunter
:upto: stargate fan{atic}

I had certainly noticed enough to see the open/close pair on opposite sides of the middle hinge. And pretty much guessed there was a "fire" somewhere... so it all makes sense to me too.;)

Re: more proof

could you send me those pictures?for some reason they are not coming up on my computer.

Ok Peeps listen up.
To open the Zat gun you press the button on the left side of the gun.
To close the Zat gun you press the button on the right side of the gun.
Now to fire the Zat gun all you have to do is squeeze the grip of the Zat. the trigger is built into the grip.
Now Have A Nice Day.

I don't think there could ever be a difinitive Zat Gun user guide seeing as even the writer's can't decide how they're used. Notice how the stun-kill-vapourise system was ret-conned out pretty quickly, and the effect they have on people seems to vary from bad pain for a few seconds to being knocked out for a few housr depending on what the plot demands.