Harry Potter or Lord Of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo...thought i'd come have a peek in here again...

LOTR!! Tho ok...HP is my kinda thing, but it's more...blocky? HP is more bright colours and simplicity and LOTR has SO many hidden messages in the story all over the place. I like 'em both but there just aren't any pointy eared blonde guys in HP sorry!! :D
:flash:

i'm probably gonna make myself really unpopular by saying this (esp with legolas lurking around :D) but i didn't like LOTR.

i think when it comes down to it, i'm just an overgrown kid, who likes her bright colours.

Originally posted by Legolas
hallo...thought i'd come have a peek in here again...

LOTR!! Tho ok...HP is my kinda thing, but it's more...blocky? HP is more bright colours and simplicity and LOTR has SO many hidden messages in the story all over the place. I like 'em both but there just aren't any pointy eared blonde guys in HP sorry!! :D

I'll have to disagree with you on part Legolas. harry Potter has it's demensions of mystery and secret messages as well as Lotr. Just look at book 4 for instance. Simplicity? Sure right.:rolleyes:

I'll give you there are no pointy ear blonde guys in it though.:D:lol::p

Originally posted by Maria8475
i'm probably gonna make myself really unpopular by saying this (esp with legolas lurking around :D) but i didn't like LOTR.

i think when it comes down to it, i'm just an overgrown kid, who likes her bright colours.

hey i ent gonna eat yer or nuffin'!

Asmiley HP is more...big bright bold red an yellow happy fun time for me. LOTR is gloomy an fulla ouchness :D

True it does, but the that's why some people like it so much because of that fact

:blush:

It really does depend on your own personal opinion. Harry Potter is a fun and light book that you wouldn't spend hours pondering over and analyzing. That's the reason why it's so popular, because it's so nice and enchanting.
However, I'd definitely say LOTR is much better, because of its greater complexity and message. It's just much deeper than Harry Potter could ever be.
I don't mean to offend any HP fans out there, because I'm a fan of both.

Originally posted by Stacy
It really does depend on your own personal opinion. Harry Potter is a fun and light book that you wouldn't spend hours pondering over and analyzing. That's the reason why it's so popular, because it's so nice and enchanting.
However, I'd definitely say LOTR is much better, because of its greater complexity and message. It's just much deeper than Harry Potter could ever be.
I don't mean to offend any HP fans out there, because I'm a fan of both.

I personally had a hard time getting through the LOTER books,and found it easier to read HP. Perhaps this is because there is only one plot in HP and several plots in LOTER.
I find it hard to have to back track to a sub plot.
No offense taken. :blpaw: :blpaw:

Don't worry 13jay as it's the same 4 me, where as my sister has read both no doubt & likes both

:blush:

Perhaps an easy way to solve that problem is to only read the chapters dealing with the same plot and then go back to the beginning and read the chapters dealing with a different plot. Am I making any sense here?

Well, I am a girl of many likes, and when it comes to choosing between my likes it is almost impossible! Lord of the Rings is excellent, providing I've got enough time to read the books (the film is also very excellent), but then Harry Potter is good for a more light read, and stars Hermione, who is sooo my favourite character. But then there's Sam in LOTR! I really can't choose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.