When he leaps into someone...

spider

...does he retain their "special traits"? For example, if he leaps into a singer, can he automatically sing? If he leaps into a martial arts master, can he be a fighting genious? Or is it something like the fact that since he is in fact acting as these people, he can do everything they could do?

i think he has to learn the new things like in the boxing one, though they made sam bekett really clever so he knew loads of things anyway like playing the piano, a bit of every science etc.

Today he leaped into a piolit and had no idea how to fly a plane...so I guess that answers my question.

Also depends (on the script needs). Some episodes he retained part of the host; others he didn't.

Al helps him alot too. Like on the pilot one, Al helps him fly. On the boxing one, he helps him box. In the one where Sam is a beauty queen, Al helps him do a little dance and sing.
:blpaw:

For the most part no, he does not retain thier talents or shortcomings. He can't fly a plane just 'cause he leaps into a pilot ("Pilot" ep) but he also isn't blind when he leaps into a blind pianist("Blind Faith").
However, in "Lee Harvey Oswald" their, LHO and Sam, minds get so tangled up that Sam is able to speak Russian (apparently not one of the many he speaks) and nearly assasinates Kennedy himself.
But for the most part nothing seems to stick to our boy Sam. Though he does okay. Thank goodness for Al's sordid talents as well.