Window of Opportunity

Raptor

A pain in the Mikta
My god, I LOVE this!It's gotta be my favourite episode! I loved Jack's 'magnets' explanation, especially after seeing Rite of Passage. And I'm never going to be able to play golf again...there's no way I'm going to hit the ball to Alaris.:D
What did you think?
Raptor

Just to add some thing to the 'Window of Opportunity' thing...

My friends cousin had a baby over the weekend, and she called her son Malaki (y'know... the person who started the time loop thingy)... How cool is that. I think it's a great name.

Ha! That's great!
There was something in a Vic newspaper a few months ago that I meant to tell everyone: a couple named their son 'Teal'c Abraham G'Kar'. How cool is that?
Raptor

Yeah this is one of my favourite episodes aswell. I just love the look on Jacks face when he realises he can do anything he wants without repercussions. And I also liked that the "bad guy" wasn't really bad just misguided.

But I have 2 problems with the episode. Firstly with Earth being trapped in the loop what happens with the stars and other planets, would they both move relative to Earth because I think that astronomers would notice the difference. The major problem I had with the episode was where was Anise (and her breasts).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Shaun, please no more on Anise :blah:

I think everyone will agree that this is one of the greatest eps of all time.
:D :D :D :D

I think my favourite scene is the scene in the breifing room where Sam says "Maybe you read my report", and Daniel goes "Maybe he read your report". Danny's facial expression is classic.
Also like the scene in the breifing room after the kiss.
"What are you staring at?"
"Nothin' "

Oh, allright.:blah:

And another thing, did Teal'c do much the entire time? It seemed to me that he was in the background throughout the episode.

I love this ep too, it is my all time favourite. I watched it 14 times before my sis taped over it.......NOT HAPPY JAN!

I dunno Shaun. i didn't even think of that.

Maybe it was affecting the solar system, Just call it poetic license?!

Well, the current scientific theory is that the universe is pretty tough, and could 'heal' any temporal damage done to it. But yeah, I think scientist would notice it, even though the SGC would try and keep it under wraps (Remember, they use NASA quite a lot!). Of course, the best cover -up in the world isn't going to stop some 13 year old kid in the backyard with his telescope...
Raptor

Or we could just accept that the writers aren't gods and make mistakes :eek: . Nah, just joking, it was a superior race that stepped in and fixed the temporal problem.

Or, as my mum always says:"It was like that 'cause it was in the script."
Raptor

i think that the gods above us and worshipped by us all (meaning those script writers) were up late and as a result of them being so tired, fell asleep and when they woke up they were in such a rush to finish they overlooked a few IMPORTANT scientific factors.

Or maybe the science consultant got tired and knocked off early.

Or maybe the science consultant got knocked off literally, and they didn't have time to find a replacement.

or maybe the repeats worked on all of our solar system and so nothing was noticed.

I don't know i just don't know.

its got me fully obsessed now though. i wish i could just believe raptors mum's explanation, and get on with life. i still think its the best episode eva.

Actually, Anise's breast were there. They had small walk on parts early in the episode. If you're quick you can just make them out stalking Jack in the control room. It's pretty dark but I'm sure it's them.

I heard that their fame got to their heads (?) and they decided that they were big enough to break away from Anise and go out on their own. They've got their own agent and a nice little apartment overlooking Stanley Park in Vancouver. The studio got a bit stroppy when they demanded their own chauffeur driven car to get them to the studio so they just get a taxi.

And Anise?

Well, she became a bit unbalanced when her breasts cut loose. She took to the bottle and attends AA whenever she can. In the meantime, she haunts the fruit market forlornly feeling the grapefruit looking for two replacements to fit into those Tok'ra numbers but the guy who runs the market has got pretty sick of her groping the fruit and he chases her away now whenever she turns up.

Which accounts for the holes in the back of the Tok'ra outfit.

The rottweiler runs faster than Anise does......................

(claps)
Cat, where do you come up with them? You were a comedien in a past life weren't you...

ROTFLMAO
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :lol: :laugh2: :laugh2:

(shaking head) beautiful cat, just beautiful.Maybe its time for a career change.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cat, you worry me sometimes. No, that's not true. You worry me ALL the time.:D
I was ROTFLMMO (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Mikta Off).
Raptor
:D :D :D :D