Wil Wheaton To Appear In 'Nemesis'

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
If 'Star Trek: Nemesis' turns out to be the last film featuring the TNG cast, it's only fitting that one of its members returns home for the final adventure.

Wil Wheaton, who left the series during its fourth season, yesterday announced that he had accepted an offer from Paramount to reprise the role of Wesley Crusher in the tenth Trek feature film.

The actor made the announcement on his official site and Radio Free Burrito, stating that it would be a small role, requiring two days of shooting.

"I am really excited about this for three reasons," Wheaton wrote. "I am going to get to work with my friends again. Wesley Crusher will have some real closure, finally. For the last 5 years, at least, everywhere I go, fans ask me if I'm going to be in a movie, and what happened to Wesley, and I can honestly say that I'm doing this for the fans, because it will be so damn cool to see all of us together again."

Wesley Crusher, the son of Enterprise-D Chief Medical Officer Dr. Beverley Crusher, served as the starship's helmsman after being granted the rank of Acting Ensign by Captain Picard. Crusher later left the Enterprise to attend Starfleet Academy, but resigned his commission to journey with an entity known as the 'Traveller' to higher planes of existence. It is not currently known how Crusher will fit into the events of 'Nemesis.'

I'm glad that Wesley will return, but it is obviously just going to be a "Hi! Mom, I'm home!" type of role.

I would have much rather they had come up with a decent story based around Wesley and the Traveller, than this one about Picards clone and Romulans from the dark side of the planet.

From the keyboard of Wil Wheaton:

"I read the script for Star Trek X last night.

Holy ****

Holy, Holy, Holy ****.

It's easily, far and away, the best Trek movie since maybe "Wrath of Khan"? Certainly the best TNG movie. I am so excited to be in this movie, I can't even begin to describe it. Matter of fact, I'm so excited that I've decided to go ahead and write another installment in the SpongBob Vega$ Pants saga! That should be up later tonight, or tomorrow.

I talked to Brent Spiner yesterday, and he told me how excited they are that I'm going to be working with them. I'm gong to call Rick Berman today, and tell him "Thank you" and let him know how excited I am...I'm really, really nervous about that phone call...so hold a good thought for me.

I am having my final costume fitting tonight, and I work Wednesday and Thursday. I will take all the pictures I can get away with, and I'll post them when I get the OK from Paramount."

The company that looks after his website 'Lost' all his previous posts last week. At least that will please Neo!

Wil Wheaton (Wil Wheaton) recently talked about why he's so thrilled to have a cameo appearance in the next Star Trek film, 'Nemesis.'

"It gives me this sense of emotional freedom and this sense of major closure on the whole leaving-Star Trek issue," Wheaton told Entertainment Weekly. He added that he was "really, really, really excited" about his appearance.

The actor even made a suggestion about his character's looks. "I think it would be cool if Wesley's eyes would be all black to show that he has transcended the universe we live in."

Fellow TNG cast member LeVar Burton offered his own interpretation of the plot. "Um, the universe is in great peril," he laughed. "And the crew of the Enterprise has to come and save the day."

More seriously, Burton said "the 'nemesis' referred to in the title is a baaad boy. This is someone we've never met before."

The original article can be found here at Entertainment Weekly. Thanks to 'Captain Joe' for this!

As if Wheaton and Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) weren't enough to be going on with, 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer will also reportedly be making a cameo appearance in 'Nemesis.'

According to Corona Coming Attractions, Singer went to the Paramount lot yesterday for a costume fitting. The site reported that it did not yet know what character the director would be playing, nor whether he would have any lines in the film.

Singer directed Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) in 'X-Men,' and is also set to helm the film's sequel. Please note that this information has not been confirmed by Paramount Pictures and until then should be treated as you would any other rumour.

I personally will be glad to see Wil Wheaton in Nemesis. I always liked his character even though many people slagged him off. Shame he wasn't on TNG that much.

annette :D

I would like to see how he is gonna come back.....

Yeah me too. Wonder if he'll just make a 'guest' appearance or if he'll be working alongside his mother maybe.

cant wait till i read the scripts,,,

Neo has means that he has not revealed to us yet!

And they will be on the web as soon as someone accidently leaves them lying around. The first draft was in the hands of 'Trek Today' months ago, but they were worried about being sued so they didn't copy it verbatum.

My sources must remain secret... But i have seen one of the first drafts.. not in its enitirety but a far bit...

Looking good though

Its alright for some then to find out what happens before the film is out. Lets hope the film is super coooooool.

U can get most off the net these days.. just makes life easier now....

was a good site that as well... shame