character facts from JKR

I'll go post something about this in the quidditch games thread...cos it'll be more relevant over there? would you like the link? I'll get it for you when I'm done :D

And I still reckon there cant be 1000 students in hogwarts, although if Ms. Rowling says there are, then I guess I cant argtue with that seeing as she created the place :D

Sinistra :rain:

There are about 50 first years in the first book. In the film McGannagall holds up a scroll with all the names on when the students get sorted. I got a picture of it, and although you cant see the names clearly, there are about 50.

There are about 50 first years in the first book. In the film McGannagall holds up a scroll with all the names on when the students get sorted. I got a picture of it, and although you cant see the names clearly, there are about 50.
I think there are more students in other years tho.

i'll see if theres a pic on thesnitch.com

Snape

so i guess you like that website then? i've seen you advertise it all over the place. c'mon give it a rest, please. It's getting annoying, really. :(

Sin :rain:

Re: Quidditch Games

Thanks, already I realised that Chasers and seekers are different, as I remembered what it said in the book, but also there was something in a Newspaper this morning. It also repeated that James Potter was a Seeker, but your quote from JKR definitely says Chaser.

Re: Number of Students at Hogwarts.

It is quite possible that there are different numbers of students in each year. However, if you just examine the number of students sitting in the hall at the four tables you can see there aren't anywhere near 1000.

What if the 1000 includes those students who have gone onto Higher Education at the Hogwarts University of Wizardry ;) On the same campus but they eat and sleep in another part of the castle :D

i likes the idea of Hogwarts University :D I may have to put that in a future fic :D

James Potter WAS a seeker, so the quote must be wrong. IN the film, he was a seeker, in the books he's a seeker, and in fics I've read, he's a seeker. I'm almost certain of it :D

Sinistra :rain:

We have a school and college on the same site. And a farm. That smells.

Ron's birthday is on March 1st...one day before mine...see you have no excuse to forget now :D

i think iy might be septmeber the 19th, but im not sure. it's definitely in september,anyway.

Mines in September yay!

Anyone know when Snapes birthday is?

Do you think he gets presents? Yeah, and I wanna know where the teachers go in the Summer Hols...

about the teachers...i believe harry imagined dumbldore went to a beach...i think that happened in book 4 when he woke up after a mightmare and his scar hurt.

Can you imagine that? Dumbledore in Domshorts!

AAAAARGH! Snape in Domshorts!

huh?

oh oh sorry! Theres a boy at school who wears 3/4 length shorts all the time and so my mate renamed them Domshorts cos he's called Dominic.

I'm talking about hawaiin ones with big patterns on, like surfers.

Talking about Hawaiian, I got a grass skirt for the themed party i'm going to! I's gonna be great - if a bit COLD!

well, i doint have a particular name for htem. nd this has NOTHING to do with character facts....anuyone found out anything new?