Profiler Websites

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Allright - here are some Profiler links --

this one: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/9186/profiler.html

has links to all kinds of other pages --- (so i won't list them here)

this one:
http://student.uq.edu.au/~s346139/pro/pictures.html

has thumbnails, but i couldn't get them to pull up on my compy - it may be a 'broken' page - but you can check it out if you want -

okay - these are the 'shippy' ones - SABERs and Believers --
SABER - Sam and Bailey and Believers - Sam and John

this is a results listing of my google.com search -- LOTS of pages -

http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Television/Programs/Science_Fiction/Profiler/

have fun!!!

yes they are -- and most of what you will find will be very shippy - so if you're not a shipper -- beware -

there is a site called "Bailey Malone's Little Kingdom" - but it's down right now - the site mistress is working on getting it back up -

oh - and a word of caution regarding Profiler fanfic --- it's mostly shippy - (and i'm talking about 99% of it) --

not to say that the stories aren't well-written - but they're all the same - something happens to Bailey and Sam rushes to take care of him -- or w/ John --- just shipper over-load ----

i totally understand that fans want these characters to get together - but every story doesn't have to be about that - write a story that is actually about the VCTF - something that follows the canon of the show --- it really is challenging and can be quite interesting and satisfying --

however - the one Profiler fic that i've written has little to do w/ the VCTF - it's about Bailey and Chloe --- it was a challenge, but it was fun to write -- and it's different from everything i've read in the genre of Profiler fic ---

unfortunately most times i think fic looses something when they start devoting themselves to shippers..... :( some can get away with it, but only when there is a strong connection between the characters....and i'm talking strong! and that relationship doesn't take from the rest of the fic

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

that's the same problem i have w/ shippy stuff on the actual shows - if the show begins to focus on the relationship btwn the characters - then there's nothing more to watch -- there still needs to be the typical plot stuff that the show is known for- w/ a touch of the relationship thrown in - if it's mentioned at all ---

look at all the shows that have gone because the writers decided to change the theme of the show and join two main characters together......they lost the tension that they had and the shows lost their appeal

Willz

yep - that's it -- and it's always a problem ---

okay --

anyone locate any good websites lately??

i'll admit -- i haven't done much looking ----- caught up in other stuff ----

if i find something -- i'll let ya know!!

yeah --- most of what i can ever find is fanfic stuff -- nothing specifically on the show ---

however - Robert Davi has a fan club and a website ---

http://members.tripod.com/~DanCassian/RobertDaviFanClub.html

it's an official club, and it has one of the sexiest pictures on the homepage! :naughty:

it's a Profiler promo shot - but he looks *so* nice!

btw - i haven't joined this fan club - and probably won't - not that it's expensive, i just have problems sending cash through the mail, especially int'l mail -- and there's no way i'm sending 2 photos of myself to anyone - i HATE having my picture taken - i am so not photogenic -- ick ---

however - there is a photo page linked to the fan club page - and there are HARLEY photos! (yes, Robert really has a Harley - maybe more than one - don't remember) -- and Stetson photos! (have i mentioned that i LOVE that hat??)

oh yeah --

there are some cast photos too --- and a not-so-good- pic of John - don't know why - he just looks weird --

there used to be a page w/ all kinds of Robert Davi info - but that page seems to be MIA ......

i've been to that site -- yeah - it's not bad -- but, there's still a ton of SABER stuff -- shipper in general - and a lot of Rachel-bashing -- which i don't like - more b/c i don't have a reason to dislike that character ---- and it's not fair to bash her - she only had one season - and blame the writers, not Jamie Luner ---

true but it has some really good pictures on the site

so it's worth a look at least :D

Willz

true - there are some good pics there ----- -

so, it gets a couple points in that realm, but gets negative points for the Rachel Burke/Jamie Luner bashing ---

esp since most of the Rachel/Jamie bashing i've read is based on the assumption that the new production team/etc 'kicked' Ally Walker off the show -- if i'm not mistaken, Ally wanted to leave - she wasn't 'forced' off - no one pushed her -- it was her decision -- however, i could have read wrong -- but i think that's what it said --- and it's possible that the reporting was incorrect on that too ---

however, the big thing -- NO Rachel/Jamie bashing! sure, it's fine to not like her, but don't 'bash' her for things beyond her control (specifically talking about bashing Jamie, the actress had little control over what the writers were making her character do)

my other thing - those who think that it's b/c of Rachel that the show was cancelled -- that's not entirely true -- Pretender and Profiler were both ditched b/c NBC wanted something that would draw more ratings - the XFL was it's choice - unfortunately for both shows, this meant they would be tossed into that realm where shows go when networks get stupid - cancellation central - both shows were axed (and i think NBC set it up so they would lose ratings on purpose -- they ran a 3rd show, generally btwn the two, but sometimes before the Pretender, and it was always something stupid that no one would watch anyway, thus leading to the 'poor ratings' for Sat nites, and NBC had what they wanted - a reason to axe the 2 good shows and the 1 bad one and jump in w/ the XFL) --- big problem for NBC then developed - they thought they were doing well - the premiere XFL game was an absolute HIT! killed in the ratings that Sat -- everyone was watching -- what NBC didn't realize, is that everyone hated it and wanted their old line-up back -- the XFL was the biggest flop in tv history (at least, as far as i can remember - there are probably worse things, but this one was pretty bad) -- 2nd week - no one was watching, so, they tried to 'alter' the initial rules - that didn't work, so the hole organization went belly-up -- no more XFL - period -- (i think curling is more popular - they at least still play that -tho, not on tv) --

so - basic premise -- no bashing ----

yes, i know - i say that i hate the "Jack" storyline - and i have my reasons, but i don't say that Dennis Christopher or Jack ruin the show -- they don't - i just prefer stories where Jack isn't the central character -- and, i attempt to avoid out-right bashing - i present my opinions and allow others to agree or disagree --- the end ----

so -- i think i'm done now --------

later!!