Quantum Leap

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_space monkey

I'm back! Be afraid...
I can't find any areas for Quantum Leap on this site. Are there any? If so, could someone please point me in the right direction! If not, why not? :(
PS I am referring to the TV show filmed in the 1980s starring Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. It was very good! :cool:

I gave it only 'OK'.

"Oh Boy!" will I get some stick now!

Quite a few people have put it in there Top Five TV series -- there was a thread somewhere.

Hi SM!

I never wathced it when I was little, I was more inot 'playdays' then...but BBC2 were doign reruhns a while back, so I wa\tched and thought it was pretty cool :cool:

What????? ONly TWO people replied to this thread??????
I'm shocked and amazed :eek: :eek:

I saw Quantum Leap. The same people who produced Magnum, PI produced Quantum Leap... it was fun to watch!

They are doing reruns of it on the SciFi Channel in the US.

really? :(

they dontshow it on terrestrial tv anymore as far as i know and threr sno way i can afford cable/digital/satellite....oh well.. at least i still have my memories :rolly2:

Originally posted by jsc
I saw Quantum Leap. The same people who produced Magnum, PI produced Quantum Leap... it was fun to watch!

They are doing reruns of it on the SciFi Channel in the US.

Donald P. Bellesario is the creator/producer for QL, Magnum, and JAG! (love this show) -- he's actually BEEN on JAG -- and there are ocassional QL references on the show too -

but - i used to watch QL - i gave it a 'cool' -- i loved the show, but there were some times (as w/ most series) that the storylines were not as sharp as they could have been ---

good show tho -- great idea!! - and i LOVE Al!! ;)

I voted "Its the best".

I lurve Quantum Leap. Scott Bakula is an addd bonus. If I come across QL I'll always watch it whether I've seen the episode before or not. Its brilliant.

When SB looks in the mirror and sees another face, it makes me laugh because you have to imagine him thru the show as 'that' person.

Think my fave ep has to be the one where he is supposedly Dracula and the one where he plays a pregnant woman.

annette :D

I tend to catch Quantum Leap on Sci-fi channel thru Digital TV.

annette :D

I remember the Dracula one and the pregnancy one... they were great fun!

Didn't know that DPB was doing JAG... cool!

I love Quantum leap and watch it when ever I can.
I liked the one where he goes to Vietnam and sees Al in the picture. I also like the one where he is a valet for the rich guy who can see Al too.
:blpaw:

Originally posted by jsc
I remember the Dracula one and the pregnancy one... they were great fun!

Didn't know that DPB was doing JAG... cool!

those were cool eps!

i remember getting excited b/c they were gonna do one about the JFK assassination, then was kinda dissappointed b/c it was kinda weird and took a direction i wasn't expecting - it just didn't hold my interest like QL usually did.

DPB - yeah, he does JAG - he's ex-military - marine, i think - maybe army, i forget, i know he's one or the other -- incredible man!!

I must admit that i didn't like QL until i got into college... so i've only really liked it for two years. I think it was the fact that my rents really liked it so i didn't want anything to do with it. :D but now that i have changed my opinions on it, i watch it pretty much every day on Sci-Fi.

Jenn

Love it, one of the best concepts I can remember:) Hehehe and Sam as a woman was always funny:D

i saw the Dracula one the other day, a few days before Halloween actually. I thought it ironic that most of my favorite shows were showing vampy stuff.... since i WAS a vampy for Halloween.... but really... did anyone think i was gonna be anything but?
Jenn

Cool

I'm glad this has sparked memories of Quantum Leap. It should have it's own mini forum. Well anyway to get the thoughts flowing even better here are some quotes from the series:

Narrator: Theorizing that one could time travel within his own life time, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the quantum leap accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

At Sam and Al's first meeting]
Dr. Sam Beckett: Who are you?
Rear Admiral Albert "Al" Calavicci: My name is Albert... Albert what, I can't tell you because it's restricted. Most of what you'll want to know is restricted, so it would be a lot easier if you don't ask a lot of questions.
Dr. Sam Beckett: What are you?
Rear Admiral Albert "Al" Calavicci: That's a question, Sam.

"You know, maybe this quantum leaping isn't such a bad deal after all. Getting a chance to put things right, to make the world a better place - who knows what I can accomplish before I'm done."
(Sam Beckett, Genesis)

"...you're part of a time-travel experiment that went... a little ca-ca."
(Al in Genesis)

"Bad enough I have to give Dick and Jane explanations to the President..."
(Al in Genesis)

"When it comes to quantum physics, you're still a mental slug."
(Al in Genesis)

Donna: "If only you were a little ..."
Sam: "Little younger?"
Donna: "Or I was a little older."
Sam: "You will be."
(Star Crossed)

"She knew ... she knew how I liked my burger. Shove that up your gauge circuits Ziggy."
(Sam in Star Crossed)

"If you look into my eyes, you'll see another soul."
(Sam in Star Crossed)

"Ziggy's blowing out microchips like they were popcorn."
(Al in Star Crossed)

"You know I have a feeling that between you and I and a couple of guardian angels, we're going to get this job done."
(Sister Angela in The Right Hand Of God)

"Piggy... Piggy... here Piggy"
(Sam in How The Tess Was Won)

"Whoever heard of one lousy hairdryer blacking out all of the East coast."
( Al, in Double Identity)

Al: "Oh man, that looks good!"
Sam(eating a burger): "Want a bite? Oh, sorry, you're a hologram."
(Camikazi Kid)

"Excuse me Mr chairman, but if you kill this project you will end one of the greatest adventures mankind has ever undertaken, and more importantly, you will leave a brave man back there alone."
(Al, in Honeymoon Express)

"Why would a cop bring his gun and handcuffs on his honeymoon? ...I'm thinking like Al!"
(Sam, looking at Diane, in Honeymoon Express)

"Sam, wake up and smell the seventies, you're looking at genuine 100% high grade virgin polyester - the only thing that got me more women was my spacesuit."
(Al, in Disco Inferno)

"He's spitting out everything in Japanese. That's what you get for feeding him foreign microchips."
(Al about Ziggy, in Disco Inferno)

"Helping people is like music to my ears."
(Sam in Good Morning, Peoria)

Sam: "I take lots of things seriously."
Rachel: "Name two."
Sam: "Quantum physics and time travel."
(Good Morning, Peoria)

"Some people believe in Fate, that nothing we do, for better or for worse, can change the course of our lives - but after leaping about in time I've seen that just the opposite is true, sometimes you can right things that went wrong, and miracles can happen."
(Sam, in Jimmy)

"What matter wounds to the body of the knight-errant? For each time he falls, he shall rise again -- and woe to the wicked!"
(Sam Beckett as Don Quixote in Catch a Falling Star)

Al: "This is a fresh one."
Sam: "1948?"
Al: "It could still have... yucky stuff in it."
(A Portrait for Troian)

"There's definitely something there, Sam"
"That's more than I can say for you!"
(Al and the Devil from the Halloween episode)

"You tell Ziggy that if he doesn't center me on Sam right now, I'm going to feed his sex Century microchips to Tina's crocodile!"
(Al, A Portrait For Troian)

Theresa: "Are you angels?"
Al: "Yes." Sam: "No." (simultaneously)
Al: "This is angel Sam, and I'm angel Al."
(Another Mother)

"There's only one thing you have to learn - that freedom is the greatest gift we are born with, and the hardest thing to hold on to."
(The old Indian, Freedom)

Al: "Oh Sam, not the head again - every time we leap in we've gotta go talk in the mens room, it's disgusting."
Sam: "Can you think of anywhere better to talk?"
Al: "The ladies room."
(Pool Hall Blues)

"Pythagoras, we are gonna' shoot some pool."
(Sam in Pool Hall Blues)

"Eva? Oh Eva, that's your younger sister, she's 18, she's beautiful - I wonder where she is."
(Al, Leaping In Without A Net)

"Am I ever wrong?!...marriages don't count."
(Al, in Leaping without a Net)

"Oh, she stripped... SHE STRIPPED?! SHE STRIPPED AND I MISSED IT! Sam, I'm supposed to be the observer on this project, I should've been here to observe it."
(Al in Maybe Baby)

"I want you to wait for me Beth... don't give up on me...'cause I'm alive out there, and I'm only alive because of our love...and some day - oh Beth, some day I'm gonna come back home to you."
(Al in MIA)

Al: "You know she's got the biggest, roundest..."
Sam: "Camera lens in Vietnam. I know."
Al: "Oh yeah, that... the lens too."
(Leap Home part 2)

Sam: "We all wonder sometimes if we're doing the right thing. I guess all you can do is just believe that you'll make a difference in the long run.
Father Mac: "Do you think you will?
Sam: "Well, I wouldn't be here if I didn't.
(Leap of Faith)

"Them that dance with the devil are bound to get scorched"
(Al (and Tully) in The Boogieman)

"When I was growing up Halloween was always one of my favourite holidays. 'Trick or treat' we used to say, course back then we always expected a treat and if we did play a trick it was always funny and harmless. But tonight there were no treats, there were no tricks, there was only death."
(Sam, in The Boogieman)

Al: "Sam, you did it."
Sam: "Is it enough, Al, is it enough?"
(Black On White On Fire)

"Uh oh, Sam, I think I killed it"
(Al after pounding the handlink, in The Great Spontini)

"On the wheel of life we all go around we are many people at many times..."
(Jack Kerouac, Rebel Without A Clue)

"Leaping around in time has made me realize that, in some strange way, I'm a servant of a higher power. But now I found myself a servant of a much different kind."
(Sam in A Little Miracle)

"Do you have room for one more lost soul?"
(Michael Blake in A Little Miracle)

"Maybe sometimes you can't fight fate."
(Sam, in Runaway)

"Something tells me we're in big trouble here - BIG."
(Al to himself, in 8.5 Months)

"Boy, if only the guys at MIT could see you now."
(Al in Future Boy)

"Your honor, Moe Stein is a dreamer. Are we going to punish people for that? Because if we are, we're gonna' need a much bigger room than this."
(Sam in Future Boy)

"Sam, hurry up before he turns himself into a french fry!"
(Al in Future Boy)

"Of all the partners in the whole wide world that I should have to choose, and what do I end up with? The Prudent Prince."
(Al, in Southern Comforts)

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do - but if you do, take pictures."
(Al in Southern Comfort)

Sam: "Look Al, this is demeaning to them."
Al: "But they're dying to be demeaned with you... repeatedly."
(Glitter Rock)

"As I travel in space and time, I want to stay, I want to go. You see my face but it's not mine, and you can't see, you'll never know."
(Fate's Wide Wheel, Glitter Rock)

"Al, it's 4 o'clock in the morning, don't these people ever go home?"
(Sam, in Glitter Rock)

Al: "I told you - it's Flash."
Sam: "Al, you've been certain about 3 different people."
Al: "But this time I'm really certain"
(Glitter Rock)

Al: "Watch out for that bush behind you, it's full off..."
Sam: "ARG! THORNS!"
(A Hunting We Will Go)

Sam: "Where the hell have you been? I almost died in the electric chair."
Al: "Sam, it's not always so easy to find you... it's not like you're lost in a mall - you're lost in time."
(Last Dance Before An Execution)

"You can't just dump a bucket of water over his head and say 'Hey, hey get up, you're not really dead, you're just 25 years in the future.'!"
(Al in Last Dance Before An Execution)

"If I'd had an attorney like that when I was in court, I'd still be in court!"
(Al in Last Dance Before An Execution)

"That's the first time I've seen a vending machine with a head on it!"
(Al in Heart Of A Champion)

"There's some women that get a thrill out of watching men suffer. Trust me on this, I've been married to most of them."
(Al in Heart Of A Champion)

Mike the Milkman: "Are you okay?"
Al: "I'm just a little woozy from the le...uh, flight."
Sam: "Good catch."
(The Leap Back)

Sam: "Oh my Go-, you've got a filthy mind!"
Al: "YOU'RE the one saying all the dirty things!"
(The Leap Back")

Clifford: "What are my mother and father going to say about that?"
Sam: "Cancel the church... cancel the reception... cancel the tux, the cake..."
(The Leap Back")

Sam: "We don't even know why you're here."
Al: "I think I'm here to kick Clifford's butt!"
(The Leap Back")

Sam: "Hello Bay-bee!"
Al: "Don't do that!"
Sam: "Revenge is mine, thus sayeth the hologram!"
(The Leap Back")

Cissy: "Can you believe them? They got married after only 2 weeks? Do you marry someone after a couple of weeks?"
Sam: "If it was the right someone I'd marry them after a couple of hours.
(Hurricane)

"Don't tell me, let me guess. You've been invited to a costume party and you're going as a baked potato."
(Al in Future Boy)

Sam: "Al, come on, we don't know that this guy is crazy. Right? I mean, look at me. I'm standing here, I'm dressed like a giant tv dinner talking to a hologram. Now, what does that make me?"
Al: "Eccentric."
(Future Boy)

Aida: "Yours is just one voice in a hurricane."
Sam: "Sometimes one is all it takes."
(Justice)

(Children in church, upon seeing Al...)"It's an angel!"

"Not in those clothes!"
(Justice)

(from http://www.starpulse.com/cgi-bin/SP...quotes.html&argc=&action=click&nav=Television>Q>Quantum_Leap>Quotes)

Umm, that's about it from me but if anyone else has any please feel free to post them!:rolly2: :D :cool: :D :rolly2:

Can I just say.... "HOLY COW!!!" that's a lota quotes.... a lot of good ones too. :p
Jenn

Status
Not open for further replies.