Bailey Malone

Originally posted by {ACA} Spellcaster
ok you know that at one stage bailey was part of the army.....special ops or something similar, and he is a good sharp shooter. he went to vietnam, i think it was...

I wish I could think of where I got the idea that Bailey's unit was a marine SOG (special operations group) in 'Nam. I do know that the conversation that I remember about how long he was in 'Nam was in "Primal Scream." John and Sam are kind of worried about how hard he's working after Frances shot him, and he says to Sam something like, "Six tours in 'Nam, 15 years with the Bureau, I never took a bullet. I had to get it from home."

Originally posted by Dragon Goddess

If you view all of the episodes as canon regardless of season then Bailey drinks Jameson Irish Whiskey. There's some discussion in "The Monster Within" about Michael having bought the Jameson he's got just for Bailey. :D I guess it's reasonable enough given Bailey's telling the congress woman fourth season some of his family came from county Cork. ;) I haven't figured out what the Scotch is John drinks in "Random Act". I don't have an eye for hard liquor labels. :rolleyes:

Extra Note* I checked the fourth season episode. Bailey gives the Congress woman an explantion of where the shillelagh she's admiring is from. He says, "It was my grandfather's. He brought it with him on the boat from County Kerry." I remembered the wrong county. :eek: Also he says in "Primal Scream" he's half Irish. I guess he's half Irish half Italian. He says in the discussion of Italian that H2 remembers from "The Monster Within" that his mom was Neapolitan. So his mom's side is Italian his dad's side is Irish. ;)

Originally posted by Dragon Goddess

I wish I could think of where I got the idea that Bailey's unit was a marine SOG (special operations group) in 'Nam. I do know that the conversation that I remember about how long he was in 'Nam was in "Primal Scream." John and Sam are kind of worried about how hard he's working after Frances shot him, and he says to Sam something like, "Six tours in 'Nam, 15 years with the Bureau, I never took a bullet. I had to get it from home."

Extra Note* I checked the "Primal Scream" quote it goes, "Six years in the Special Forces, fifteen years with the FBI, one bullet, and I get it from home." I still don't know where the marine idea came from. *Shakes head.* But at least the actual quote said, "6 years in the Special Forces." :)