Bailey Malone

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Bailey Malone --

well, I must say, when i first saw him in the two episodes that were x-overs w/ Pretender, he didn't appeal to me, can't really say why - maybe b/c he didn't like Jarod ---

but, i'll also admit that Robert Davi is WHY i started watching Profiler -- and once i really got into watching, i better understood why he didn't like Jarod - it really wasn't that he didn't like him, more that he didn't understand him and Jarod didn't really have much background - or believable background - and Bailey didn't like that - he was more wary of Jarod than disliking of him --

suffice it to say, Bailey is my fave character of the show -- he's strong and kind and cares a great deal for family and friends --

any other comments????

what's not to like about Bailey?

I haven't seen any pretender shows so i can't comment on any of that but he is always there for his friends when it truely counts.....and he's.......well gotta go now :blush:

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

okay - i MIGHT let ya get away w/ the Pretender thing -- does anyone show it where you are??

and i agree - what's not to like about Bailey? if he asked for my help, i'd give it ---

i still wanna know why no one on this show has a 'normal' life -

i'll see if i can find some bios on the characters and drop 'em in here ------

heard about? yeah we've heard about it.....actually seen it? well not here we haven't some might have seen it while they were away but not here.......we very rarely get all the good shows

Willz

well - guess you'll just have to move to the US -- so you can get all the good shows!

or - scribble a note to the PTB of Pretender and Profiler and try to get the shows out on video/DVD/etc ----

only thing i can think of ------

back to Bailey --

haven't located any bios yet - but as soon as i do.....

hmmmm - what else about Bailey??

hey - anyone hear any news about Robert Davi? anyone know what he's up to??

i think he sort of keeps to himself when he's not actually "at work", his private life is just that :)

oh by the way your not the frist person to tell me i should move over there........wish i could afford it but i can't :(

Oh well

Willz

Originally posted by Goddess Willow
i think he sort of keeps to himself when he's not actually "at work", his private life is just that :)

are you talking about Bailey or Robert?

i wanna know if Robert Davi has done anything lately - guess i'll have to hop over to imdb.com and find out ---

oh by the way your not the frist person to tell me i should move over there........wish i could afford it but i can't :(

Oh well

hey - just save up your pennies --- you'll be here in no time!!

oooh - or do one of those 'exchange student' things - it's never to late to go back/to school!! ;)

:p
i wouldn't go back to high school if you paid me!!!!!!!!

but i am trying to back to uni....but i already have the job to go with the course i wanna do.....so travel is off for a while :(

Willz

oh - i wouldn't go back to High School either - i meant if you'd already been to college/university go back --- or if you hadn't yet been - to start ---

ugh - high school was terrible ----

i'd love to do more travelling but b/c of school expenses - when i was working on my masters (that i haven't yet finished) - i have big debts and no money - so - gotta to the hang out at home and work thing ----

but - i WILL go back to school at some point - mostly b/c i don't really like my job - i want a job that i love -- something i really wanna do --- like, work for the FBI!

lol

i love my job and that's why i wanna go back to uni again......just waiting to hear now :(

Willz

ah - good luck w/ that --

me? i still wanna work for the Feds --

really - i'd love to work for Bailey, but since he's a fictional character - that's kinda tough --- so - guess i'll have to settle for attempting to locate a job w/ the FBI ----

okay- back to Bailey ---------

what more should we discuss of him??????

mmmm what haven't we discussed?

has anyone discovred what brand of scotch he drinks? :p

Willz

oooh - excellent question ----

hmmmm - something to watch for in each and every episode!

we can discuss Robert Davi's cigar obsession --- yes - he loves them - why do you think Bailey smokes 'em?????

actually now that you come to mention it....i don't think i've ever seen him in a movie where he didn't have a cigar within easy reaching distance of him :)

as for his whiskey......unless we see him pulling a bottle out of his draw, he usually gets it out of a flaggan,

oh wait i seem to vaguely and i mean vaguely remember him pulling out a bottle from his draw one time.....i think he and sam were in the room at the time :)

Willz

that man loves his cigars -- even to the point of having the script changed if the writer has written one cigar and an actor is holding a different style of cigar! he's a riot! and very much an aficionado of cigars --- i read an interview - and the interviewer said Davi showed w/ a fistfull of cigars (like 6 - and i think the interview was about 2 hrs long? something like that) -- that man loves his cigars

now - about the Scotch (as tho he would drink anything else) - gotta watch again -

i do remember he brought a bottle of red wine that he and sam drank w/ mac & cheese --- interesting combo ---

lol

yep i remember that......bailey decided that they were having tea together and that they were gonna do the wine and the macaroni.....

sam was dubious about the combo......but admitted it was fantastic! :D

Willz

yes, the convo went something like:

Sam: I don't believe I've ever had Red Wine w/ Mac & Cheese before.

Bailey: I drink it with everything.

Sam: It's very good. <laugh>

(that's the basic premise anyway)

lovely conversation ---

actually - back to the cigars - i was reading a FAQ at Cigar Afficionado's website yesterday (about the only thing to do - the server here was really slow) - and found some really interesting info - most of which i didn't know -b/c i'm not a connoisseur of cigars - but interesting, none-the-less --

should i start a cigar thread??? ;)

oooh - i love the smell of cigars (when they're not lit) -- and Robert Davi loves the things - why do you think Bailey smokes 'em??

and - i mod this forum - it's not mine ----- it's everybody's! ;)

i'm so nice!

i'll have to dig up more info b4 i start the thread -- i want plenty of background --- i'm just like that------