Bailey Malone

now you know Bailey would not approve of such talk! ;)

Cigars are a staple in his life -- almost more so than food -

Originally posted by Goddess Willow
no whiskey is his food

cigars are his air

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

dunno if i'd go quite that far -- he doesn't drink quite that much - i have other fave characters who drink far more than Bailey -- he's pretty moderate

tho - on the cigars, you might be right -- :)

oh the man does love his cigars ---

and he does eat -- mac & cheese w/ Sam -

okay -- more about Bailey --- hmmmmmmm --

he's sexy --- do we need anything else????? :naughty:

nope no more is needed

except to say that he likes his red wine with his mac and cheese....and everything else he eats :p

Willz

we need more background on Bailey --

anyone have any ideas on his pre-VCTF life??

what was his marriage and such like before the separation??

details -- i love backstory -----

ok you know that at one stage bailey was part of the army.....special ops or something similar, and he is a good sharp shooter. he went to vietnam, i think it was.....

he loves his family but from what franny says the marriage was never that stable......probably because bailey and his ex both have good tempers

i think he grew up in what he calls hell's kitchen, and has an irish family back ground

and of course i could be making all this up, because my brain is muddled by the nasty flu that is going around :(

Willz

is going back to bed now *sniffs*

he may have some Irish - but i know somewhere he says someone, i think his mother, was Italian - b/c he translates some ex-New Yorker cops Italian --- (Davi speaks Italian!) --

hmmmmmm -- he was an expert knife fighter - (tres cool!) - (i like knives, btw)

hmmm - what else???

and yeah - his marriage might not have been the most stable environment -- we should probably be surprised it lasted as long as it did -- he left when Franny was like 12, i think -- so, they were married at least 12 years (assuming that Franny was born after they got married)

she said 12 in one ep -- if she said something else later - i haven't heard it --

ya know - i have yet to find one show that NEVER misses a continuity bit --

they all have at least one goof - of course - some have bigger goofs than others --

what bugs me, is that they could EASILY find the info - but they don't - i guess they just assume that the fans won't really care - unfortunately - the fans pay very CLOSE attn to details like that -

it's annoying --- and spurns a great deal of fic -- ie: hmmm - how can that good be fixed? let me write a story -----

lol
true but i think it has more to do with the fact that most shows have a multitude of writers who all want to take the show in different directions.....and what one writer may write doesn't fit with what another one wanted to do :(

it's sad......but sometimes it does work

Willz

well - most shows have a 'bible' that they follow and important 'canon' facts are stuffed into that book - and the writers are supposed to 'refer' to that book when scribbling - however, i'm not sure how frequently the 'bible's' are updated - if they never get updates, then it's nearly impossible to keep up w/ everything ---

and they can't say that they can't do it on their own - the fans do, so why can't the writers and producers? and don't feed me that 'they have too much to do' garbage -- b/c many fans keep up w/ the info for more than one show -- so, 'too much to do' is a load of garbage --- (for a great ex - look at the 'Trek' fans) --

i just get annoyed that anyone who would take the time to create a show - no matter how well or poorly it does, would NOT want to keep all the info organized and 'on point'!

eh - well - not my show - b/c if it was - i'd make sure someone was checking the continuity ------

of continuity/canon editor for a cancelled show?
how much ya think we'd get paid??

hehehe ---

if i knew anything about webdesign, i'd make a page and list info for my fave shows -- maybe someday ---

and i'd have to start small - get all the info for one or two shows, then build to the others ---

ok - how much do you think Bailey knows about computers and the internet?????

well i think he'd know enough to do the stuff he has to do.....but not more than that :(

well maybe not a continuty editor on a cancelled show.....but if we can find current shows that we like we could apply for it on those :D and it'd be worth heaps......cause with continuity then more people will watch the show....which means better ratings for them and more money for us :nuts: :laugh:

Willz
:blpaw::blpaw:

Compys: yeah - probably -- (i think we covered this b4) -- and why would he really need to know more? he's got George!

editing: well - i'll take JAG or Buffy - keep things straight on one of those ---

Originally posted by {ACA} Spellcaster
mmmm what haven't we discussed?

has anyone discovred what brand of scotch he drinks? :p

Willz

If you view all of the episodes as canon regardless of season then Bailey drinks Jameson Irish Whiskey. There's some discussion in "The Monster Within" about Michael having bought the Jameson he's got just for Bailey. :D I guess it's reasonable enough given Bailey's telling the congress woman fourth season some of his family came from county Cork. ;) I haven't figured out what the Scotch is John drinks in "Random Act". I don't have an eye for hard liquor labels. :rolleyes: