what mutant powers would you have if you could have just one

I like the idea of Mystique-being able to morph into other people, could lead to loads of fun. If I remember right though you have to get close enough to the person to be able to take on their persona, so it might be a bit hard to get close enough to some celeberities, but it could still be used for good and evil deads.
I do however like Wolverine's power to heal, and I have a thing for his hands and the blades that come out of them. I think you could earn an interesting but profitable living out of this.

Since i'm am so caught up with the idea of defying the Laws of Physics and Gravity........I would really fancy telekinesis. But a slight trait of rogue's power wouldn't hurt. Notice i said slight, Can't deal with the possibility of not being able to touch anyone with my bare skin.
With rogue's power anything would be possible......sweeeeeet!!!!

Telepathy and telekinesis, definitely ( how modest am I :D ).
But Storm has great power, too :)

Storm. (enough said, but I have to type more letters to post, so I'd also like to be able to make food at any time I wanted too just by thinking about it and then have the house cleaned spotless just by thinking about it.)

as a single power, Storm has the most versatile and the most powerful. So I'd choose that too... The ability to Control the Weather. How cool... lightning, wind, flight, rain (hello drought stricken areas)...
Telekinesis is a close second. I too loathe Jean Grey, but she does have an awesome power... telepathy bores me... where's the challenge if you can coerce people into doing whatever you want... unless your either a sadist or a hedonist.

I'd like to be able to teleport like Nightcrawler... It'd be handy crossing busy roads and getting off packed buses. Or getting on those you just missed. Though I'll take it without the blue skin and tail, ta.

I wouldn't mind Wolverine's ability. Being able to heal from any wound sounds awesome :D Not to mention that strength comes from your muscles healing from the lactic acid produced in anaerobic respiration, so you'd be insanely strong at that healing rate.

dustinzgirl, I love your idea about having the house cleaned spotless just by thinking about it. Actually, I'd settle for just the desk and bookcases being tidy!

dustinzgirl, I love your idea about having the house cleaned spotless just by thinking about it. Actually, I'd settle for just the desk and bookcases being tidy!

Amen, I just cleaned my desk and now its full of coffee cups and juice drinks and since its summer, the flies keep coming in from the window and buzzing around me. Darn it!

If I was storm, I could use the wind to move everything.

I think Storm's power would rock (controlling nature) if you could shoot lightning, knock people over with gusts of wind, use wind to fly etc.

Other than that either

-Wings to fly (Like Angel)
-Telekinesis (oh the fun you could have at work)
-Being able to heal people

Well... any of the above powers would be amazing! Tough question, I would never have thought about transporting like nightcrawler until it looked so cool in the movie... but wolverine in kind indestructable with his adamantium and healing powers... You can have them all with Rogue but then you can't get your groove on... Magneto anyone?

Actually, I think I'd like reality warping or telepathy the best. I think I choose telepathy. Most including Storm would be helpless against me. If I had more than one I'd choose to have Jean Grey's power with reality warping. I like Wolverine, but he's not all that great. The combinations of power I chose would make my power limitless. I could warp reality causing the earth to become unihabitable, force a person to think or do what ever I want, create any substance from another, and even subconsiously save myself from death. I could kill Wolverine simply by place psychic blocks on his healing power and than disintegrate him.

Last edited:
So many to choose from. I used to have these dreams that I could float so well it was almost like flying.

Like if I were falling from high up I could hover on the wind and control the amount of time I stayed in the air. Or if I jumped and needed to keep going more distance.

I've always wanted to go hang gliding. I'm sure my choice of power would be the control the
element of fire, but from the dreams I spoke I could be destined to fly.
:)

Actually, I think I'd like reality warping or telepathy the best. I think I choose telepathy. Most including Storm would be helpless against me. If I had more than one I'd choose to have Jean Grey's power with reality warping. I like Wolverine, but he's not all that great. The combinations of power I chose would make my power limitless. I could warp reality causing the earth to become unihabitable, force a person to think or do what ever I want, create any substance from another, and even subconsiously save myself from death. I could kill Wolverine simply by place psychic blocks on his healing power and than disintegrate him.

aah but Storm is far too resilient to be affected by all but the very most powerful telepaths. Professor X, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey. All monumental telepaths. But not one of them can control Storm's mind - thanks in no small part to Emma Frost having taken it over for a while and the natural defences Storm's mind and powers give her as a result. An attack may hurt her, but as Storm has been seen to do to telepaths and telekines, Thought requires breath, and she can rob a psionic of all the oxygen in their vicinity. can't attack someone if you can't breathe.

There are many beings capable of annihilating wolverine. marvel simply wouldn't allow it.

aah but Storm is far too resilient to be affected by all but the very most powerful telepaths. Professor X, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey. All monumental telepaths. But not one of them can control Storm's mind - thanks in no small part to Emma Frost having taken it over for a while and the natural defences Storm's mind and powers give her as a result. An attack may hurt her, but as Storm has been seen to do to telepaths and telekines, Thought requires breath, and she can rob a psionic of all the oxygen in their vicinity. can't attack someone if you can't breathe.

There are many beings capable of annihilating wolverine. marvel simply wouldn't allow it.

Now if I had Involnerability, telepath, and telekinessis she for sure wouldn't have a chance.