Roman Swords

spider

Hey, I thought this would be the best place to ask this...I need some info on Ancient Roman swords, their stlyes, how they change, how they differ for each class level...so on. All the sites I'm finding are solely for buying swords, and have very lil info.

...plese?

Ask Highlander II she knows every thing about swords

well- i don't know much about the history of swords and such - or of Rome and its armaments -- (mostly i can identify swords and find where to purchase them)

however - a super quick search at google.com for 'roman history' then a search w/in that search for 'weapons' yeilded this site:

http://ancienthistory.about.com/gi/...p://www.ncl.ac.uk/~nantiq/arma/welc/begin.htm

i don't know how much help that will be, but it might lead you to somewhere w/ more information ---

try searching sites on Roman History - b/c if you type in 'sword' you'll get lots of sites for purchasing swords, however, if you use the word 'weapon' - you'll get better search results and probably find what you are seeking ---

good luck! sorry i couldn't be of more help -----

Thanks anyway...the dedline was too close and I had nothing so I switched my topic to Druids...though I do aprecialte the help :)

no problem ---

sorry we couldn't be of more help ---

the world of Highlander can only take you so far ------- :)