Prophets-Gods or Aliens?

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
What's your view on the Prophets? Are thay gods, or simply bizarre aliens?

hmmm - good question, Neo --

didn't Sisko 'talk' to the prophets?
if so, then, okay, we know they exist - but what are they? hmmm - they could just be aliens that live in the wormhole -- or they could be gods --

guess we need to 'reexamine the evidence' before making a decision ----

So coukld they be or not ???? mmmmm

honestly? i don't know -

i'd go w/ aliens -- why? b/c 'gods' just seems too easy, i guess - and every other time we encounter a race's 'gods' they turn out to be aliens --

tho - it would be interesting for just one race's 'gods' to actually BE gods --- so, i could see this one working too --

what do YOU think, Neo??

I don't really know its hard to say like H2 said we're alwas seeing aliens who act like gods like Q, the care taker ,ummm..... whats his name from TOS, so how can we tell if the Prophets are Gods or Aliens? they could be gods or they could just be Aliens who like takeing care of ppl

This begs the question of what a god/goddess/God is and whether it exists.

But I won't answer that! :lol:

I think the Prophets were very advanced aliens, maybe part spirit/"god" and part alien that become deeply entwined with Bajor's people and belief systems.

As I understood it, Sisko is half-prophet, right? So unless HE'S a god, I would have to vote for them being aliens.

I would be interested to know how/when the Prophets first interacted with Bajor and their religion began. Were the Prophets the very early ancestors of Bajor? Did they seed Bajor with life?

Sorry! :lol: Guess I have more questions than answers. But I'd say aliens.

:star::smile::star:

Since we can't debate the existence of a God here, we have to put it in a Star Trek context. Gene Roddenberry was obviously an atheist because the Star Trek gods always turn out to be powerful aliens.

"In the Hands of the Prophets" DS9 dealt with this subject, with the Bajorans calling the Federation "Godless" because they think the Prophets are aliens, and that Keiko's teachings are against their religion.

But Sisko says to Jake that the aliens who built the wormhole see the past and future with equal ease, so why can't they be considered as "Prophets". He explains that it is a matter of interpretation.

But for the same reasons Aing-Tii gave I would say powerful aliens.

well - since the beings in the wormhole are 'timeless' (for lack of a better word) doesn't that make them similar to the Q? in the 'knowledge' area ---

and i suppose they could be seen as 'prophets' -- but my question would then be, if the Q had constructed the wormhole and appeared/spoken to the Bajorans, would they consider the Q gods too? (and some of the Q are just arrogant enough to assume that role)

yes yes - more questions