5.15: Last Stand

the second half of summit...and the brown stuff's gonna hit the fan in the last few minutes of summit...danny's cover gets blown. the main conjecture here is who's the favorite character that's gonna be sacrificing what...and if they off jacob i'm gonna drive to vancouver and give them the last remaining piece of my mind!!!

actually the worst part about this, summit is where the brits get ahead of us yanks...so for 10 days those of us that dont' wanna be spoiled gotta delete posts and avoid threads like crazy

Brits...

Not necessarily. There's a web site that will have an avi of that episode up by the next day - about 90 megs worth.

Contact me privately for details.:D

thanks rowan but i don't have a sound card so it won't work. i'll jsut have to be a patient little girl

Hey Skydiver,
If they off Jacob/Selmak I'll join you! And they say life begins at 40! Well they better keep their over 50 characters.... growls nastily!

Got room in the car for jsc AND me? Because if they do off Jacob/Selmak.....I will personally slap RDA and Brad Wright around the parking lot of the studio and then hurl the bodies off Grouse Mountain!!

But they bloody well will, won't they? They have killed off every single character I like. I feel like Sam...... the Black Widow of Stargate Fandom!!!

You can almost hearing them saying "What? Anni from the UK likes this guy. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dead: :(

'Off with their heads'

Does get to feel a bit personal, doesn't it. :(

sometimes i feel the same way, every single show i get totally hooked on...dies.

b-5 died, well after 5 seasons but the fifth one was a total joke

crusade died in infancy

space rangers, six episodes

time cop on abc, think it lasted 4 eps

i have a knack for liking doomed shows.

!

obviously I am aware of the fact that this is the Last Stand thread, but I have put spoiler space in below because I am going to mention something in answer to Skoon's question which may give a hint to the Fail Safe episode.

P
O
S
S
I
B
L
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Actually, you know guys I don't think they do mean to off Jacob. I can't confirm this, because I can't remember where I read it, but I am sure that it has been mentioned that the ship mentioned in the Fail Safe episode is the pod in which 'Jacob and Daniel excape'! Which kinda infers that both escape safely!

Of course I could have been dreaming this with all the bloody medication being pumped into me!

:D :D

can some one help me. watchon the summit, they said the new bad guy is anubis.who is the big guy hitiing on osiris and attcking the tokra???and wheres tanith???

that was one killer of an episode

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

poor eliot i cant beleive they killed him but at least jacob is safe my main question is what did anubis do for him to be banished it must have been realy realy bad and the goa'uld population may be decreasing because the system lords are eating symbiots yugh

Originally posted by anubis82
can some one help me. watchon the summit, they said the new bad guy is anubis.who is the big guy hitiing on osiris and attcking the tokra???and wheres tanith???

the big guy is zippy(zipacna) he was last seen in pretense as klorels archon and it is he who killed the tok'ra what an SOB and tanith was killed in 48 hours

Okay well this was interesting......... Is the reason for the zero growth population among the Goa'uld because Joe Mallozzi and the other one (I'll never forget whatsisname!) have decided that the fans need to have more disgust of that species than they already have and so are inferring that the Goa'uld System Lords are using their offspring as dish of the day?

Personally I think that the Stargate writers are busy scraping the bottom of their already depleted barrel. It's almost as though they sat there, scratching their heads, inbetween surfing the Stargate chat rooms and letting out little snippets of information when they should be producing good scripts, and thought, now what can we do to make the Goa'uld System Lords even worse?

Oh yeah...... we know.....we'll make them into cannibals! Well guess what guys..... it's been done before....and by humans.

What started out as a promising couple of episodes and which ended with SG1 surviving......yet again, while Lantash/Elliott dies in order to save their butts. Lord Yu may or may not have been killed by Osiris. The seven System Lords are enjoying their larva 'Happy Meal' (I notice that none of the human slaves asked their respective masters "And do you want fries with that my Lord?")

It had some good bits in it..... but my first question is......

If the larva's blood is so deadly, how the hell do they get away with snacking on them, and why would they suddenly start doing it? Why would they suddenly decide to decimate their own population at a time when war with a hugely powerful Goa'uld and one with an agenda and a revenge mission looks extremely likely?

Anyway.... it will please those among the fandom who care, that SG1 got away intact......and so did Jacob. Lantash has allowed himself to be captured by Zippy's Jaffa because then they will take him to the base camp near the gate, he will release the toxin that Daniel decided not to release, because to do so would create a huge power vacuum into which Anubis would step. Once released, this toxin would decimate all the Jaffa and whatever Goa'uld are around and allow Jack and co to reach the gate thereby stepping through to earth, tea and cucumber sandwiches on the lawn and safety..... or make mine a pepperoni pizza please, preferably not with slices of Goa'uld symbiote.

Of course, one has to hope that this is what we in the military call a non-persistent toxic substance. If not then Jacob and Teal'c are toast...... along with everyone except Sam, Jack and Daniel.

Unfortunately.....after the very nicely put together Summit.....Last Stand was messy, despite its bits of excitement. But then since the average 'Man across the street, Joe Bloggs' type viewer's attention span is no more than about 30 seconds, long enough for him to register explosions and someone's guts flying across the screen or a pair of nice boobs etc being displayed in the middle of a gratuitous sex scene, they at least should find it exciting. Daniel didn't press the button, as some of the more excitable among us wanted so desperately, so Baal and his friends will survive presumably to enjoy the rest of their species....grilled, fried.....in a sweet and sour sauce, with or without side salad.

Oh god..... what bloody piffle! Part of me was disappointed because Joe Mallozzi and whatsisname brayed loudly their intention to show the inner workings of the Goa'uld...and all they showed was that they have good appetites, Morrigan apparently can't speak at all and that they have no inner workings whatsoever..... apart perhaps from cannibalism.

Jeez Mr Mallozzi.....stop cruising the f******g fan lists, do some bloody writing and come up with something a little less banal, please!!

Sigh.... I guess he won't read my rant.

The eppy wasn't badly put together in a way. It had potential. A potential greatly fuelled by the fact that Summit was a bosting good episode, but it did kinda wimp out in a way. When they tucked into their symbiotes, I was busy laughing my socks off. Far from being shocked or disgusted, I thought it was the funniest thing I'd seen since the brain eating zombies in Night of the Living Dead!

If you want a bloody good laugh, watch this episode.... of course you'd have to have a rather warped sense of humour, which I do have....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by anubis82

He is Lord Zipacna who was in a season three episode...as for Tanith....he is Im afraid dead.....:(

This one was ok...but I felt a lot of nothing happened!

Danny could not complete his mission..so the system lords are still alive as is Sarah/Osiris.
Jacob is fine as is SG1...it was in fact Elliot that gave his life to save everyone else...although we didn't see him die so he could come back (you know what these writters are like!!)

Not sure if Yu is dead or not as he was stabbed by Sarah....;)

As usual they started this off really good but kinda fell flat in the second half.

:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Hey Anni, I like your rannting. We have yet to get either ep. in Canada yet, but I'm looking forward to them even more just to find all the points you made. I've gone back to eps in season 1. They were really good back then, fresh & off the chopping block.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Anni
If the larva's blood is so deadly, how the hell do they get away with snacking on them, and why would they suddenly start doing it? Why would they suddenly decide to decimate their own population at a time when war with a hugely powerful Goa'uld and one with an agenda and a revenge mission looks extremely likely?

I can't explain the first point about the larval blood either, but on the second point, it seems to me that this would be exactly what they would want to do. The System Lords do not get their Power from having lots of other System Lords competing with them, but rather from controlling planets, humans, and Jaffa armies, and conquering the other System Lords. Less Goa'ulds means more planets and power for those remaining. The slave Danny talked to, said that they 'snack' after every meeting.

The way that it ended left it open for anything to happen, SG-1 and Jakob could still be caught by Zipacna, Elliot/ Lantash could still recover. Ok, it seems unlikely. SG-1 would never be killed, and new likeable characters always die, but we have not actually seen it yet.

I did find it odd that everytime a rock fell from the tunnel roof, if it hit a Tokra (with the symbiote that makes them stronger and heals them) they died, but if it hit a puny human (Jack, Sam, Elliott) they were only scratched ( apart from the Major - but you get the idea)

Yes Dave...... I see your point but.........

Kentucky Fried Larvae?

:D :D :D :D :D

I agree with Pamie in that it started off really well and then fell flat on it's face.......round about the time they started tucking into their light snack of adult symbiotes......

Seriously though..... it might well be a symbolic gesture on their part also, reflecting the fact that it is the strongest symbiote in the pool who is the best. I.e. we are the biggest and baddest of the Goa'uld and anyone else is nothing. That sort of action I could understand.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks, Skoon, by the way!!!!!