5.13: Proving Ground

Oh ya.......he's already flexing his muscles!

A lovely sight as always........ *sigh.....c'mere Cronus!*

:evil: :evil: :D

I've already posted about this in the UK thread, but from reading these posts, am I correct in thinking that we (UK) have now caught up with the USA? How can that be posible, you were way ahead of us only a few months ago? You must have had a lot of repeats in the meantime.

Caught up and just passed the US Dave.....one episode past when the US stopped showing the new Season Five eppys and started on their re-runs. They won't see Proving Ground until January or thereabouts I guess. This is where we in the UK get about a month ahead of the US.

:cool:

I agree about Total Recall!!

I liked being given the insight that they did!! Ideas for future fanfic?!?!

Isn't this strange? There was a time when you could post something on a new episode and there would be scores of people yelling and complaining or agreeing.

Is it my imagination or has the Stargate forum gone really quite quiet since the announcement at Gatecon that there would just be one more season and that MS is leaving?

Maybe the true fans are beginning to reveal themselves.......

Or am I doing a Jack O'Neill here and being cynical?

:evil: :eek: :dead:

There are two parallel threads running here. The Brits are posting all the spoilers on the other thread, so there's nothing very controversial here.

But I've found it very quiet here recently too, the Star Trek forum is the same, all the new members are posting about new TV series and Harry Potter.

i just wana say sumthing really freakie here.

me in New Zealand will see Proving Ground in the middle of next month (assuming TV2 doesn't do anything weird). thats means i see it before the usa.

anyone else finding this..odd?

I don't know what it is..... I liked the Harry Potter books.... but the film doesn't do anything for me at all...... I would rather see Lord of the Rings I think. As for the new Trek series.... I am just not sure about it I'm afraid. There's something missing from these things.....a something that Stargate had....and the old Treks had.... I can't explain it somehow.....

Maybe I'm getting old!

:dead:

Originally posted by Jaxie
i just wana say sumthing really freakie here.

me in New Zealand will see Proving Ground in the middle of next month (assuming TV2 doesn't do anything weird). thats means i see it before the usa.

anyone else finding this..odd?

It is considering you haven't seen the end of Star Trek: Voyager yet -- at least that's what someone else said.

Evolution

Anni posted:

Anni! You are killing me here! Am I not a true fan? Okay, okay, so I do feel that the eppy I saw last night is not the Sg1 I came to love and know in first 3 seasons (btw, I am in US and thanks to sg1archive, we don't have to wait until Jan'02) - I must accept that the show has evolved and it is different. Please: Consolation and commiseration are welcome at this point.

And Jack O'Neill, cynical? I thought he was just being realistic. [He's so cute but what's with all the references to "cliche" lately? I think that's been said in at least 3 episodes]

- Orange

LOL LOL........... of course you are Orange.....

But why accept that the show has evolved into this weird parody of what it was supposed to originally be? It's ended up being exactly what I and many others didn't want it to. Solely about Jack and co....with a couple of earth conspiracies thrown in. Don't know why they even bother to train the cadets to fight the Goa'uld.....

Even the fanfics are totally boring.... always about SG1, always either getting hurt or dying and being resurrected and the Goa'uld always get killed. Not one of the Goa'uld have any kind of depth to them. The whole thing is utterly one dimensional, and the main reason a lot of people like the show is because they love the main characters and don't really care if there's any depth to the rest as long as they get the SG1 fix.

I wish they would go back to the idea of mysterious worlds, ancient civilisations..... horrific and almost mythical enemies..... that would really grab my interest!

But this crap? Nope.... just doesn't do it for me at all!

I just can't get excited about Carter having a life outside the SGC or whether Teal'c would get turned on in a ring of jello!

Where's the bloody excitement and heartstopping mystery and fear for cryin out loud?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :evil:

I've noticed a lot of knocking of Stargate recently, and yes it did seem to start about the time of the announcement, but look at it this way...

We still have 1½ seasons to go, a cinematic film release, and a possible spin-off series...

compare that to the many series that get cancelled at the height of their popularity for no reason at all.

I agree that I'm not as hooked on it as much as the first season, and some of the stories are lame, but it is still quality Science Fiction, and I'll watch it as long as they continue make it.

sorry. i don't watch star trek so i can't help you out there.

any s/j shippers wanna throw me a bone ( ilove spoilers)

I agree Dave..... its a well made show and quality Sci Fi and you don't get much of that these days. But I really do wish they would go back to at least part of the original concept and belay this Jack, Sam etc crap they've indulged in. Let's have some damn adventures again...

I do think that many of the more rabid Daniel fans will not watch the show as much..... nor will the MS fans. It will have lost something for them, which only supports my theory that you should never watch a show for only specific characters.... There should be something else about the show which holds your interest.

:cool:

hey jax, u know who i am. aint u watching that eppie now (fri)?
i thought we were behind the poms and americans in the episodes and seeing that we get to see that eppie first, u are right it is weird!

Originally posted by Anni
Isn't this strange? There was a time when you could post something on a new episode and there would be scores of people yelling and complaining or agreeing.

Is it my imagination or has the Stargate forum gone really quite quiet since the announcement at Gatecon that there would just be one more season and that MS is leaving?

:evil: :eek: :dead:

hehe.....yeah I think its quiet in here but then I have found it quiet everywhere..in fact not long posted about how quiet it is in the Buffy forums...I think alot of the peopel who used to be here all the time are now back at school, college, Uni, work ect....so don't have all the free time to post.
Its also a little confusing for us UK fans as we have two forums for season five..and as the UK forum is not doing so well we seem to be coming over here to post now....:D

I have heard a few MS fans saying that they are not gunna watch SG1 anymore or when he leaves..but thats up to them...I totally agree with you Anni....I never watch a show for a charater....:rolleyes:

I also have to agree that I think Stargate has los a little...I have not been over impressed with any of season five so far...they have all been ok but not much more...
I miss them being a team...they never seem to do anything as a team anymore...as for find new worlds or aliens..forget it

But I do like my SG1 and will watch it for as long as its on...so i can't complain too much:D :rolly2:

hey nic. nope, can't watch it (my players buggered)

still waiting for that bone shippers

please people. you're killing me here. i still love this show. ever eppie still brings a bit of adventure and another story so won't ever hate it.

there are bits and peicies about the show that suck, but isn't that the case with pretty much every other show on the damn planet.

start saying nice things

-jax