I would like to introduce myself and discuss Harry...

Leia

In a couple of weeks the movie is coming out. Which I will go see. However I got disturbed about HP last night. You see I am reading it to my 5yoDD and I found myself angry at Dumbledore. There was no reason that I could see that HP NEEDED to go the the Dursleys, do you? What if he was sent to someone with great magical skills? I am sorry but I just get so irritated with the abuse he has to put up with in the beginning of the story. I hope they do it justice in the movie...

Anyone else feel this way?

Dumbledore knoew what he was doing. There is a whole thread about the movie, all the books , AND a thread just for newbies, so have a look around, also join in with our word games and trivia quiz...it's mre fun than it looks, honestly!!!
Anyway, welcom to the forum, and hope to see you here again soon.

Sinistra AKA Snape :)

Hi Leia. Thought I'd say Hello :)

I don't like the Dursleys that much with the way they treat Harry. I've read all four books so know that he retaliates and gets some vengence.

Hope you continue to post here. Have fun.

Annette :D

hiya and welcome to HP section!!
yeah but dont get mad theres a reason behind this <SPOILER ALERT> When Harry was born the potters realised harry was in danger <EVEN BIGGER SPOILER ALERT> so they found the durslys and put a spell over them and the house they lived in! this spell was so stong it needed 10 witches & wizards to do it. the 10 where harrys mom,harrys dad, dumbledore,snape,sirius,lupin,hagrid,mcgonagal,fudge and 1 un named character. <BIGGER SPOILER ALERT> the spell they put on them was to keep harry safe when he was around them. no harm could come to him and no one apart from the original 10 and the dursleys would know where harry was! thsi is why he was snet back to the dursleys!! so harry would be safe in the care of these 10 and the durslys!

i knew it would be something like that!!!!!!

And how is this information verified?

it was verified inan interveiw with jk rowling and then it was posted in sum magazine but i cant remba which one!

was that sacrastic?? and wuld u pls tell robbie to put sum clothes on!

I didn't know Hagrid could do that?

He got expelled and so is not really allowed to do magic. If it ws such an advanced spell that needed 10 witches and wizards i don't really think Hagrid would be up to it.

Originally posted by Trunks
was that sacrastic?? and wuld u pls tell robbie to put sum clothes on!

You expect to remember if i was being sarcastic? my memory is notoriously poor, except for certain things. And robbie looks fine as he is, I reckon...jealous are you? :lol: j/k.

Snape: if Hagrid was there, as were Dumbledore and McGonagall, then perhaps he was authorised to do the magic.

Also, I read a very similar thingy in a fic , very good fic too, by some guy calling himself sirius on fanfiction. It was called Back to the Future and, well, it was...really really good. :D

Sinistra :rain:

I didn't think Hagrid knew enough magic to do something like that tho - he was expelled in the 2yr i think...

yes, but remember one of his friends IS Dumbledore...and i think it's safe to say that Dumbledore knows what he's doing!

well, defeating grindelwald and having Voldemort scared of him....

Doncha think Voldemort looks like he fell over on his face? it's all flat and.....flat.

it's meant to. personally, i thought it was little too 3d! :lol:

Sin :rain:

Well he was hangin out the back of Quirrels head! What doi you expect?

Actually, i dunno waht i'd expect all i saw in my head when i was readin it was Quirrel and a voice comin from his head.

I thought I'd use this thread to introduce myself

I am a 23 yr old female who madly supports the Jordan Formula 1 team, I work in my step dad's video shop & got intorduced 2 the world of 'Harry Potter' by my sister giving me the books 2 read