Fave Book (Stephen King)

spookypumpkin

"happy oestrogen bubble"
fave book

this is an overused question, but it gets some interesting answers:
what is your fave stephen king book?

mine's IT, coz i think it really affected my outlook on some things...

well so far my favorite is eyes of the dragon! im in the middle of needful things right now though and thats turning out pretty good so far.

My fave Stephen King book is The Green Mile. I just love it I've read it over and over and over.

I finished needful things but Eyes of The Dragon is still My favorite...it just creeped me out in a way books usually dont.

OK - Stephen King - The Stand - Best Book Ever

I first read it when it very first was published, around 1978 - something like that - I was about 16 and had just got into reading Stephen King, probably after a trip to one of those old Rialto cinemas to see Carrie.

Its not just your basic Good v Evil there is so much more in it than that, you can just lose yourself in the whole thing - in fact I reckon I still do, everytime I read it. I thought the Mini-Series was actually pretty good and Gary Sinise was an excellent Stu and suprisingly Rob Lowe was a very believable Nick IMO.

IT - comes a close second, again I got myself in with the characters in the book and its one of those that as you start to reach the end of the book you are torn between slowing down cos you don't want it to end, and finding out what happens.

I've just finished reading From a Buick 8 and may start a thread on that in a minute to see if anyone else liked it

So far my favourite book is the The Dead Zone, but I just started reading Dreamcatcher and I really like that one aswell.

:)

I'm currently reading Salem's Lot, and I've read carrie. I've decided to start readin SK books as I love horror :D

Im reading The Bachman Books at the moment.
Its got Rage, The Long Walk, Roadwork and The Running Man
These are the only Stephen King books ive read, and they are excellent.
The Long Walk is brilliant!

A bit late but--

I have two..

Rose Madder and Everything's Eventual..

Out of all the stories in Everything's Eventual I like the one about the haunted hotel floor and the one about a man buying this 'odd' painting from this garage sale..

-shudders- Both freaked me out quite a bit :D

I've only read a few so far - Carrie, Salem's Lot, Dreamcatcher and Night Shift; and my fav is Dreamcatcher closey followed by Salem's lot.
I absolutely loved dreamcatcher, it threw me, there were many things that happened that I didn't expect, those are my fav kind of books :D

For me it has to be IT. Anyone who has seen the screenplay and liked it desperately needs to read the novel as the tv version has humungous chunks missing from it such as the ritual of chud and characters such as Patrick Hocksetter.
Its the fact that SK has the knack of writing believable children that I feel makes this book so good. Most writers make children into small adults, IE they respond and react as an adult would do in a bad situation. King does not. His characters can be facing death one minute then laughing and giggling because someone breaks wind the next.
Its a book that drags you in and doesnt let go until the end. Pennywise appears in all kinds of guises from werewolves to mummys and is totally terrifying.
IMO Stephen Kings books sometimes seem very hit and miss to me. The Tommyknockers took me years to get through, cujo was another as was bag of bones but when he writes well, when the old creative juices are flowing he can produce masterpieces and IT is one of them.