5.20: 48 Hours

Manco

The Man With No Name
48 Hours

Well, it seems that Teal'c Interrupted has been renamed 48 hours. Teal'c gets trapped in a wormhole and the SGC has to turnh to the russians again for their DHD. One of the Russians from the Tomb appears also. Sounds interesting.

it sorta does...teal's basically gets caught in the pattern buffer of the transporter...
there is just one thing that bugs me about this...remember back in solitudes when they're looking for jack adn sam...teal'c says 'they may have perished within the wormhole' and daniel replies 'then they're gone, yes i know'...which seems to suggest that if you don't come out through a gate you're toast...yet apparantly not....
i try not to be horribly negative but i think i'm keeping my expectations low for this one

Sounds interesting. It'll be good to see how they get him out of this.

I agree with skydiver on this one! I thought if CJ wants to leave.... This one would be good and they wouldn't even have to have him come back! Now I find out that he is alive in the wormhole something I didn't think would ever happen..... SHeesh!

maybe they're just pulling our chain and he's gonna get tossed out onto some planet or something....hey, maybe he'll find some nice lonely alien lady and well you know :naughty:

That reminds me of the Stargate Illustrated Companion book. In it there is an interview with Teal'c and he says thats why he doesn't smile so much. His wife is hidden off on another planet so he doesn't get any :wink2: you know...

Light colored older lady, lives in quiet section of LA with son, two dogs, two cats and two brothers.... LOVES T-MAN! No Clones need apply!

Love that quote from CJ! Thanks Tea... Chaaka:) :)

the only thing i heard similar to that is that the actor has several projects going on, some of which deal with kids in some way, just can't recall all the details, sorry. anyway, he was wanting more time to work on them so it's possible that t-man will have less screen time or more likely that the studio will adjsut the shooting schedule to keep him on the set less often(like try to get all his scenes done all at once so he can have more free time)

but it's a rumor and should be taken as such

Yes, I heard the same thing myself about CJ and working with kids. But he signed up for Season six... Heard RDA did talking... because what CJ wanted wasn't about money.

From what I've read CJ does a lot of work with the girls and boys club of canada.

Well...... this was an interesting episode which brought together a few storylines...... The Russian angle, Col Simmons and the pet Goa'uld, Maybourne and his ongoing relationship with Jack and even explored very mildly Sam and a brief but irritable connection with an USAF civilian scientist in the same game as she was. And this episode provides the reason for Simmons being taken out of the Stargate equation altogether. He tries to blackmail Hammond using information he got from his captive Goa'uld and in the end gets bubbled by Jack and arrested by Hammond. So... is it bye bye Simmons?

I am still not sure about the whole episode though. I have mixed feelings. As usual, it was well done and well acted. I have no issues with either..... But they left the Goa'uld kinda hanging around in a cage, after Jack and Maybourne broke into an NID safe house to probe him about how to get Teal'c out of his predicament.

It also looks as though Tanith may have been killed. At the very beginning of the episode just before Teal'c stepped into the gate we clearly saw Tanith sitting at the controls of the ship which subsequently crashed into the ground before the gate, shot down by Teal'c and his cannon type weapon. In fact Teal'c disobeys an order to go through the gate in order to kill Tanith and thereby ends up trapping himself inside the stargate.

However, as usual we don't get to see a body.... and I am not convinced Tanith is dead. However, it brings to light the disquieting fact that ultimately, Teal'c has this 'Jaffa revenge' thing going on and this is starting to bother Jack, big time. In fact the first comment Teal'c makes when they finally get him back, at the end, to Jack's question whether he is okay... is that he is fine....Tanith is dead...which apparently is the only thing that mattered to him.

They may ultimately have to realise that it will be hard for Teal'c to break with his upbringing and the idea of revenge and that it might well come first even if earth were desperately under threat. Teal'c does not have earth as his priority or even his own people. Revenge is apparently his top priority.

We didn't get to see Jack disposing of Col Simmons pet Goa'uld, and the last thing we see is them shutting him in his cage while they go off to look at tapes, because he won't give Jack the information as to how to get Teal'c safely out of the stargate pattern buffer without them letting him go. We have to assume that they didn't kill him. Which I suppose leaves it open for him to perhaps escape and wreak havoc. Although I think his priority might be to try to leave earth anyway.

There were a couple of vaguely amusing scenes between Sam and the civilian scientist, especially when in spite of her hostility, he told her she was a dumb blonde and very sexy! Among other comments.

Daniel and Major Davis had some major scenes with the Russians and both were excellent in them, as was the Russian General. Through Daniel and his honesty and finally quite simply saying 'please may we borrow your DHD?', the Russians agreed to lend them the DHD and the information gleaned from the tapes in the NID safe house where Simmons interrogated the Goa'uld helped save Teal'c.

Jack tells Teal'c that he actually owes his life to a Goa'uld and Teal'c refuses to believe him.

I have deliberately not quoted the script verbatim, because I can't be bothered with that crap. I have just brought out the scenes I thought had the most validity and commented on them. But no doubt some stalwart will hasten to post a sentence by sentence, scene by scene, blow by blow account as well!

Didn't mind the episode, but it still dealt too much with the conspiracy crap, which IS crap and boring. And for Teal'c fans? I wouldn't bother to watch it hoping for lots of him.... because you saw him at the beginning, disobeying orders and supposedly killing Tanith....and then you saw him at the end, stepping through the gate, unaware that there has been any kind of fiasco going on to get him back and deeply satisfied that he has indulged himself yet again in a revenge-fest. Which, in all honesty, doesn't show him in a very good light at all. In fact it makes him look like a rather selfish sort of character. Almost as selfish as the species he professes to hate so much.

For god's sake, when are they going to get back out there and get on with the thing that made me watch Stargate in the first place?

Sometime never, I think..... In fact I won't hold my breath... Not enough breath to hold anyway!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dead:

5.14 48 Hours

What did everyone think of this ep?

I really liked it. I thought it was SO funny when Jack saw Maybourne and started chasing him!!!! nIm pleased simmons got what was coming :)

Some of it was a bit hard to understand if you try to get the technical part of it, got a bit lost off...

Hehehe, had to feel sorry for the Russians, lend them the DHD and it goes bye bye!

I hated that geeky, know it all person, iw as hoping the chef would give him lemon :rolleyes:

I doubt Tanith is dead.....is he?? :eek:

Post your opinions!

I thought this was an OK episode, seen better but seen a lot worse.

I do have one question...

If this is episode 5:20, then why was it shown before 5:14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19?

Adam

Adam....... I only had the most brief information to go on when I was asked by Padders to name all the episodes in the Season 5 forum properly and I freely admit I may have got the order wrong, but it was the only order I was able to glean from various sites around.

Quite frankly.... does it matter? Will the earth shatter because of it? I honestly don't think it will......

I have to say that out of all the comments that could have been made on this thread about 48 hours.... that has to be the oddest......

:rolleyes:

I wasnt saying you got it wrong, nor was I complaining, being picky, thinking my life would never be the same.

I didnt know myself (the offical website is lacking in season 5), only reason I asked is I know that MGM cant release episodes in chronological order so wondered if they were airing them that way as well :)

sorry if I offended, but hey at least I was on topic ;)

Adam

LOL....... Yes you were on topic, which is more than many are able to be......

I think that the order of episodes might have become rather unstuck with all of the changes that are happening, such as MS leaving and adjustments having to be made. But I might be totally wrong on that. I'm not the ultimate guide to Stargate I'm afraid!

Anyway, the order in which Sky One in the UK, where I am, are showing the episodes might be different and usually is. Usually Sky One religiously follow the proper order when it comes to the new Season. It's often the US side that gets them out of context.

;)

Originally posted by Anni

For god's sake, when are they going to get back out there and get on with the thing that made me watch Stargate in the first place?

Sometime never, I think..... In fact I won't hold my breath... Not enough breath to hold anyway!

Yeah thats what I wanna know.

Don't get me wrong I liked this one as Anni has said but for me it was the same as usual for season five...all done on Earth with the team all working away from each other.
Gone it seems are the days when they used to go through the Stargate as a team to new worlds.....:rolleyes:

Apart from that I did like this one...seeing Maybourne back is always a good thing.
Felt like they built the whole story up for the first 3/4 of an hour then 'just' sloved it in minutes...
I think that maybe Tanith is not dead...its not gunna be that easy...it never is.
I liked the parts with Danny and Major Davis thought they were very well done with Danny pleading for the loan of the DHD in the end....(which they broke )
Also liked it when Hammond ordered that Simmons was to be arrested and if he resisted to 'shoot him' LOL

Overall I liked it...:cool: