When Riker becomes a Captain what class of starship should he be given command of?

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
When William T. Riker takes his first command of a Federation Starship, what class of Starship should he be given command of. Please take into consideration his Service Record.

I think he should finally be given the Enterprise, that's what he always wanted, the reason he turned down four commands in the past.

They should promote Picard to Admiral. It's a job he's much more suited to. He is far to old to be swanning around the Galaxy :p :p :p

Personally I think he would look good in a Galaxy or a Sovereign class ship..:)

i was gonna say ---

you mean he's actually gonna accept??

i know this is hypothetical, but since he turned down 4 others in the past......

Originally posted by Dave
I think he should finally be given the Enterprise, that's what he always wanted, the reason he turned down four commands in the past.

They should promote Picard to Admiral. It's a job he's much more suited to. He is far to old to be swanning around the Galaxy :p :p :p

U reckon that picard will retire.... maybe in trex 10 ???

i think he should have a new ship

Originally posted by Neo
U reckon that picard will retire.... maybe in trex 10 ???

i think he should have a new ship

Well, Picard has also been offered promotion to Admiral three times, but was unable to walk away from the life he has known for so long. I just think that he is getting older now and should have a less energetic life-style. Also, it would give him more time for his hobbies such as archeology, maybe not too late to start a family -- maybe marry Beverley Crusher.

Also, with his experience, those Starfleet Admirals and Commodores need him, almost everyone we have seen has been a psycho (Admiral Ross in 'DS9' and Admiral Paris in 'Voyager' being noteable exceptions.) But there was Commodore Matt Decker, Admiral Erik Pressman, Admiral Nora Satie, Admiral Nechayev, all the members of the plot in 'The Undiscovered Country' -- loads of others too.

He could never walk away from the enterprise.... he is not a desk man at all..

Wasn't Riker given a captaincy at some point?
The USS Hood an Excelsior class.

It may have been in one of the books

I reckon Picard retires to some wonderful planet in Trek X... maybe be Romulus.. ???

Well it is his last movie...