Space Precinct

I've been thinking about that. As Sarah mentioned in an earlier post, we are trying to write a virtual season 2 (a la American Gothic - another fantastic show!!!) but it has been very quiet in our group with nobody inputting anything to it. I was wondering if we could get some ideas generating in here - a few plot strands we think would work out. Stand-alone plots first then we can add in season long stuff later. So far I've got one episode half finished and another started but I don't know about anyone else.

So, anyone got any ideas for a cop story that we could use?

[that should make some noise in here...]

I think that the problem with detective stories in space is that they must be very hard to write. As well as 'Space Precinct' there has been a BBC series 'Star Cops', and there was 'Total Recall: 2070' (not in space, but in the future.)

It seems to me, that you can have two types of story -- a normal police story, but with more weird characters -- not scifi at all -- could easily be set in the present day.

Or, you can have really way out stories, where there is a scifi explanation for the MO, or the reason why the clues don't seem to add up.

Obviously, it is the second type that I like best. I really like Larry Niven's 'Gil Hamilton the ARM' stories that are part of the 'Known Space' series -- especially 'The PatchWork Girl'.

I'll have a think of some ideas, but can't promise anything.

My point was meant to be: You could always just recycle old 'Kojack', 'NYPD Blues', etc. etc. stories, but you wouldn't want to, and they wouldn't be as interesting