1.16 : The Menagerie.

Space .... The Final Frontier These are the voyage"s
of the star ship constitution.
Each week this was the narration actor Jeffrey Hunter gave in the opening of his television series star trek.

Jeff Hunter sat in his couch ,in his Los Angeles apartment Leonard Nimby was the only actor besides himself to go from the piolet to series. Majel was given a new role by Gene Roddenberry. George Takei. Nichelle Nichols . Deforest Kelly. Andrea Dromm were all pleasant to work with. But Hunter was a movie star that worked with John Wayne in the searchers.Played Jesus in kings of king"s what the hell was he doing playing a star ship captain named Christopher Pike week after week?

Hunter placed the bottle down as he sat on the couch the alcohol never took away the pain but eased the agony for a moment. The fact of the matter was his marriage to Dusty was falling apart. there was no love .no passion. she became his manager telling him ,he should have more then a weekly series but be a star however, the call"s from director"s were not coming..
so maybe taking the lead role in star trek was not the answer but a way out of the routine of a failing marriage. eventually there would be a divorce between the two and the 4 years. or 5 if he is lucky when star trek is not on the air. he could return to fil if there are no no movies to do. he could take another t.v. role.

some where was another woman, she wouldn't place so much demand on hunter telling him to take bigger parts demand more screen time.
Hell! Hunter thought Star Trek saved my life and i know it.Jeff hunter turned off the t.v. never finishing off the program he took the role to play in the series not to watch it.
science fiction fans loved the damm show to death. in time by 1970 something else would come and they would forget about star trek.

That young actor William Shatner was taking all the hot lead roles in series eventually
he would become a movie star or get this own series.Jeff wouldn't trade his place for his.Jeff went to his room and laughed aloud to himself.

Not only that .it may of saved his life his last film he had a fall and died ..

Not only that .it may of saved his life his last film he had a fall and died ..

He might still be alive now.

Storywise , Trek would have ben much the same series with him the lead.

There is one one another actor that would have been a good chose for the Capatin in Star Trek , Warren Stevens.

He's a fine actor, but it'd be a very different feel.

He's a terrific actor , I liked as Doc in Forbidden Planet.:cool:

Jack Lord was considered for the part as Captain but he wanted way too much money and he had a reputation fror being very difficult to work with. Lloyd Bridges turned down the part.

I remember enjoying this when i saw it in growing up. Seeing it so soon after watching the pilot made this episode very samey. I enjoyed Spock's mutiny and the court martial.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave Star Trek (films) 119