Blakes Seven quotes.

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Come on! Lets get this forum moving.

Quotes has worked elsewhere, so lets try it here. I'm afraid I'm not that good on the quintessential quotes, but you must have some favourites. What is the most evil thing Servalan said? The most cowardly thing Villa said? Something from Orac?

There is a site with all the scripts here. if that helps.

This is bit of script from very early which sets up the characters:

(from 'Spacefall')

VILA: That may not be a problem. I've heard a rumour that these prison ships don't actually go all the way to Cygnus. They wait until they're in deep space, and then quietly dump you out of an airlock.
AVON: You're a fool.
JENNA: They are on a fixed price contract. They get paid the same whether we get there or not. And hyperdrive running is expensive.
VILA: So they dump us and save themselves a trip!
BLAKE: Could it be altered?
AVON: What?
BLAKE: The running log. Could the readings be faked?
AVON: Only by a top-line technician. Nobody on this ship could do it.
BLAKE: Except you.
AVON: Naturally.
JENNA: Was it wise to put that idea into his head?
VILA: What idea?
BLAKE: Oh, he's bright. He'd already thought of it.
VILA: What? What?
JENNA: He fixes the log, the crew dump us, pocket the profit, and set him free.

Some to start with...

Amusing quotes from "Mission to Destiny"

Avon examining evidence: Raffert was dying, it's difficult to be neat under those circumstances.

Avon's pragmatic take on situation: Personally I don't care if the whole planet turns into a mushroom. I shall stay because I don't like an unsolved mystery.

Saddest quotes IMO:
from "Terminal"

Zen as Liberator falls apart: I'm sorry

from "Blake"

Blake, clutching, dying: Oh ..................................... Avon!

Heart pumping quotes:

from "Star One"

as Liberator advances towards alien fleet and defence grid is deactivated

Vila: AVON! THIS IS STUPID!
Avon: When did that ever stop us.
... (dramatic music) ...
Avon: FIRE!

from "Terminal"

Servalan prepares to escape with siezed (and unknowingly rapidly dissolving) Liberator: "Main drive .. MAXIMUM POWER!!"

then sad...

Cally: She's beginning to go...
Vila: She's starting to break up...

as liberator torn apart by stress and explodes.

liked this one too...

I really will have to get back to watching some Blake... I had a peruse of one of the scripts to find this scenario and was instantly reminded how rich the dialogue in the show was....

Forget the wobbly sets (and wobbling spaceships) if anyone likes solid dialogue, great storylines and good old fashioned drama catch up on some Blake or try it out! Only my opinion but I reckon if you're the kind who finds Babylon5 appealing you'd like it...

This from "Blake" made me laugh when I 1st saw it, and there are not exactly laughs-a-plenty in this episode.

The crew are questioning super-computer ORAC as they formulate their plan of action... (Slave is the timid ship's computer for those who don't know)

ORAC: A formal application was laid before the High Council on Earth within the last thirty days. I could get you the exact date --
SLAVE: Uh, I don't wish to interrupt, Master --
ORAC: Then kindly don't!
SLAVE: I wasn't talking to you.
ORAC: You were attempting to override a superior system. Be silent! [continues] -- the exact date, if you wish... (coversation continues)

(Suddenly ship's alarm sounds and crew are startled and concerned)

TARRANT: SLAVE, WHAT'S WRONG?!
SLAVE: Well, nothing is actually wrong, sir, yet.
AVON: Explain the alarm, Slave.
[Alarm cuts out.]
SLAVE: I had to get your attention, Master, and I was forbidden to speak unless spoken to.
AVON: All right, you're spoken to. What is it?
SLAVE: I beg to advise you, Master, that we're approaching the planet Gauda Prime. And Scorpio is under attack!

(instant explosion and massive shower of sparks! crew sent reeling) lol - poor Slave :)

Tenuous gaff alert - how come ORAC didn't know Scorpio was under attack?

Another thing, how is it that all futuristic computer systems malfunction with a massive shower of sparks? Wouldn't like to be a tester!

ORAC knows everything... but minor concerns like the crew dying do not interest him as much as the larger picture does, that's his major fault.

Science Fiction on TV and Film has always had electrical arcing and flying sparks -- right back to Frankenstein's Monster and Flash Gordon.

Computers never just Crash, the monitor screens always expode!

Why? I've no idea. It looks good, it's easy to do with a static electricity generator, and fairly frightening while still safe.

Introducing Cally and Villa to new recruit Dayna --

AVON: "This one's Villa. I should really introduce him now; he's at his best when he's unconcious!"

"Well now" being both a addicted "B7" fan since the second episode way back in 1978 - because of a certain "cold-hearted, cynical, computer expert" by the name of KERR AVON, with dear old VILA coming a close second. (No points for guessing that most of my favourite quotes tend to be AVON ones)::D

"Imagination my only limit. I'd be *DEAD* in a week!" (Aftermath)

"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognised the *FOOL*!" (Rumours Of Death)

"I don't need any of you, I needed the Liberator to bring me here so, I had no choice but to bring you along. But this is as far as you go. Understand this, I don't want you with me, I don't want you following me. Anyone who does follow me I'll *KILL* them!"
(Terminal):cool:

"Down & Safe. And if this is an example of a man-made planet they ought to go back to the drawing board and start again. I'll contact you in one hour. Out." (Terminal)

"Well now, as you always say VILA, you know you are safe with me!":D (Orbit)

"In the end winning is the only safety!" (Blake)

Have you betrayed us? Have you betrayed ME? (Blake)

Thought I'd just pick seven of my favourites!

Oh, and as seeing as I'm SERVALAN - here's a quote of mine!

"It's an old wall, AVON, it waits. I hope you don't die before you reach it!" :kisses: (Rumours Of Death)

VILA: I plan to live for ever or, die trying! ;)(Time Squad)

"CONFIRMED" (ZEN) :alienooh:

"A statement of fact cannot be insolent!" (ORAC - Rescue)

Blake stunned

"Have you betrayed us? Have you betrayed ME? (Blake)"

Ouch! I still remember watching that first time! :(

Yes, well think BLAKE got the point, didn't he. My friend AVON didn't exactly wait for his answer before shooting!:evil:

You could say "No good deed goes unpunished" (Rescue) in that case.;)

I'd estimate there is probably three or four great quotes per episode. So many to choose from. Here are a few of my favourites :

Avon's idea of diplomacy is breaking someone's leg and saying 'lean on me'. -- Vila

It's considered bad manners to kill your friends while committing suicide. -- Avon, Weapon

"I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes!" Villa
"Have you tried amputation?" Avon, Deliverance

"Imagine you're standing on the edge of a cliff."
"As long as you're not standing behind me." -- Avon & Blake, Deliverance

"Staying with you requires a degree of stupidity I can no longer manage." Avon
"You're just being modest." Blake, Breakdown

Originally posted by SERVALAN
That's probably true. And, have you noticed that most of them tend to be line's spoken by "AVON"!!! ;) [/B]

Absolutely. I think he pulled them off better than most due to his amazing screen presence. Same with some of the comical acting. Somehow it just worked for Darrow, where most actors would have looked and sounded daft.

Darth Simpson
Absolutely. I think he pulled them off better than most due to his amazing screen presence. Same with some of the comical acting. Somehow it just worked for Darrow, where most actors would have looked and sounded daft.

EXACTLTY - "PAUL" was excellent at doing those lines (most of which were pinched from movies by, "CHRIS B" and, apparently, "AVON" being his favourite character, too was, "Naturally!" given the best lines because, "CHRIS" knew he could rely on, "PAUL" to deliver them the way he'd, specifically written them!!!

Unremembered female; Is that always the answer for the man, the homic ?"
Avon; "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Avon I never doubted that. I never doubted your fanaticism. As far as I am concerned you can destroy whatever you like. You can stir up a thousand revolutions, you can wade in blood up to your armpits. Oh, and you can lead the rabble to victory, whatever that might mean. Just so long as there is an end to it. When Star One is gone it is finished, Blake. And I want it finished. I want it over and done with. I want to be free.

Cally But you are free now, Avon

Avon (looking at Blake) I want to be free - of him.

Show was undeniably tacky at times but it did have some great dialogue. And Paul Darrow was most effective as Avon when he didn't try to act too much :) He was brilliant in the above scene.

Love this one from Orbit:
I think it shows the pratical but evil side of Orac!
AVON: What's the position now, Orac?
ORAC: Remaining flight time: five minutes and forty seconds.
AVON: How much more weight must we lose before we can achieve escape velocity?
ORAC: Seventy kilos, Avon.
AVON: Only seventy kilos... Vila, strip off the insulation material in the cargo hold. [Vila turns.] Vila! [Avon takes some small object from a panel and hands it to him.]
VILA: But that's plastic. It weighs nothing.
AVON: Get rid of it anyway.
VILA: A kilo and a half if we're lucky.
AVON: Do it! We've got five minutes. [Vila turns and heads out.] Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?
[The door can be heard opening.] ORAC: Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon.

Avon always seemed to get the best lines, and my favorite is from 'Horizon'. love this statement when everyone is gung ho on going down to the planet, despite obvious danger, he refuses saying:

"I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, I'm not going."

Not a memorable quote but revealing on what work they did on Federation Earth. I didn't even notice it until my third viewing.

Avon: Before I decided to put my talents to more profitable use, ...
Jenna: And got arrested.
Avon: I handled the computer analysis for a research project into matter transmission. It was based on a new alloy.
Blake: Aquitar.
Avon: That's right.
Blake: Yes I worked on that project too.
Avon: Small world.
Blake: Large project.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brian G Turner Blake's 7 3
S Blake's 7 0
SpaceShip Blake's 7 15
Foxbat Blake's 7 9
Dave Blake's 7 15