20/09 - Chain Reaction

JAD

queer as folk
Loved this episode!!!
Epecially the bit at the start where the SGC is under fire and along comes SG-1 at the last minute before the iris is closed.
I was a little pissed off that at the start of the episode (in the same scene as above) there was a message on the screen saying 'closed captions unavailable' but i suppose it is a minior problem.
There were some good quotes
Jack to Maybourne "Under no other circumstances would i sit here and watch you eat"
---
Maybourne: "Want some?"
Jack: "No, you know maybourne there is still something about you that turns me off my food"
---
Jack: "You know about that favour"
Hammond: "Anything"
Jack:"Well its nothing now sir, but one day i may ask you to buy back my soul!"

just a great episode 10/10 i loved it... and next week my 2nd Fav episode for season 4 '2010'
everybody notice that channel 7 spoiled the episode with the promo again? if not ... download it from my site and have a look!

Yeah, they ruined it again. Although they do great visual previews they always manage to give the entire plot away :(

I loved this ep too. It was good to finally see a Hammond ep.
It's one of my favourites. Tom McBeath was excellent. I love the ending. I think it's the episode that changed everyone's opinion of Harry Maybourne from sleazy slime ball to someone who is nice at heart.

Loved the whole Starsky and Hutch thing. And the whole bit about the format of Jack's reports.

Quotes:
Hammond: I don't have to explain myself to you Colonel.
O'Neill: No Sir you don't, you're my commanding officer. But could you throw me a bone?

Daniel: Let's hope he's not some sort of spit polish, brass tacks..
O'Neill: Hard ass?
Daniel: I was building up to that.

***A personal favourite***
O'Neill: You know General Hammond kept us together for a reason. The fact is if it wasn't for SG1 you'd be sitting there with a snake in your head instead of your head up your ass.

Maybourne: You really want to play in my sandbox Jack?

O'Neill: I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that working out for you?

Kinsey: How dare you come into my house waving a gun?
O'Neill: Not waving. Pointing.

LOL great choice of quotes shelby :)
love 'em!
senator kinsey's wife seems a little 'stupid' not realising starsky and hutch ;)

Shelby says ...
O'Neill: You know General Hammond kept us together for a reason. The fact is if it wasn't for SG1 you'd be sitting there with a snake in your head instead of your head up your ass.

love that.

btw at 8:30 just before the Brownlow medal count started ... southern cross showed the promo for absolute power. stupid ***ks.

I loved Maybourne in this ep. He was such a likable rogue. And, altho they're on different sides of the fence, you could tell that Maybourne really has a soft spot for Jack.

Originally posted by JAD
senator kinsey's wife seems a little 'stupid' not realising starsky and hutch ;)

Of course she's stupid. She married Kinsey, didn't she?

Besides, he'd need a dumb wife who doesn't think too much but can handle a cocktail party just fine. Can't have the wife querying all the odd things we do and all the interesting friends we seem to have who run around in dark cars with dark windows.