Jack O. Trades / Jack of All Trades

did ya notice we can't seem to stick to talking about Jack?

probably b/c we don't like him ---

he was an annoying character - and i still think that the show should have focused on something other than Sam's obsession with Jack --

sam and jack's mutual obsession......

and i still think that the best thing about Jack is that he is no more! :p

Although to say SOMETHING nice about the idiot, he did help the VCTF catch a couple of killers.......even if it was only so they'd get back to him >:)

Willz
:blpaw: :blpaw:

yeah i did noticed that we couldn't stick to the topic......but hey he's such a nobody :D

yeah - Jack's a selfish little snot isn't he?

hey - did ya notice that Jack's mother is Kai Winn from Star Trek: DS9????

i'll tell you what my favorite ep with jack was: the ep where he died. not for the same reasons you guys might pick, but because it was so perfect. i mean, sam's been both chasing after and running from this guy for years, and she ends up owing him. he helps her daughter be able to forgive her for spending so much time at work trying to catch him. and chloe will forever remember him for that. i mean, when they find out he's been following her since they were children.....that kind of gave me chills. and then when she kills him-he dies on her husband's grave with a rose in his hand. 2 perfect! it was so poetic. i loved it.

Originally posted by Highlander II
yeah - Jack's a selfish little ******* isn't he?

hey - did ya notice that Jack's mother is Kai Winn from Star Trek: DS9????

actually i did.....no one believed me at first...then they looked carefully and i showed and eppy of ds9 straight after and they saw it :D

hey was it actually jack who had been following her her whole life? or was it the other guy who they thought was jack till sam told them that he wasn't :alienooh:

Willz

good question Willow -- i dunno -- could have been that other guy - but could have been Jack too --- the 'early' stuff would probably have been that other guy - so, maybe Sam had 2 stalkers -- or Jack was planning something for a very long time -

however, i'm not sure Jack would have been 'that' thorough - they never played up anything about him 'following' Sam when she was younger - just that he killed her husband X yrs before the beginning of the show and she'd been 'running' from him ever since ---

yes they did. maybe not actually following her since they were kids, but the murders all had a connection to her. even towards the beginning of the show they found out that one of the people killed before her husband used to run their bookmobile when they were kids. later they found out that another one killed before her husband had some kind of connection, and they implied that all of them probably did. they were in the same sunday school class-he's been obsessed with her for a long time. their sunday school teacher said that he had a crush on her way back then.

yeah, but was that Jack or the other guy? i thought they discovered that the 'sunday school' crush kid was someone else? they just thought it was Jack for a while --

and, i understand that the murders, even at the beginning of the 'show', were related to Sam in some way, but if you remember the beginning, Bailey brings her 'back' to the VCTF - she had been there, then left -- and there were like 8 original kills before Sam came back - one of which was her husband --

and remember that Jack has an extensive education, mostly in medicine and anatomy, but he knows a great deal about computers too, and many other things, so he couldn't have spent all of his time chasing/stalking Sam, or he wouldn't be the 'professional' murderer that he is (not pro as in getting paid, but in knowing exactly what he's doing) --

and, with the expertise in 'murder' he has, he has probably been doing that for quite some time - you can't plan and go out and do it 'perfectly' the first time - he would have had to practice (murder, i suppose, is a craft like anything else, you have to practice to be good at it) -- so there's much more to Jack than we got from the show (and remember, i haven't seen all of season 3, nor most of season 4) -- we only have what Sam comes up w/ as her 'profile' on Jack -- but i don't recall her going into details about his childhood - (and i could have missed them)

sorry tokyogirl, i gotta agree with h2 here, the preschool thing was the other guy.....remember they confronted him at his place when they caught up to him....he had stollen that baby to play out his fantasy of it being his and Sam's kid, but it was all an illusion. He was obsessed, but not jack.

Also i thought bailey brought sam into the case after about 8 of jack's murders, wasn't she not long out of the acadamey? jack only started leaving messages aimed at sam after a couple of murders that sam had been working with the team on it... he only started showing remorse for the killings after she called him a cold blooded murder....or something to that effect....in the papers. his next victim was covered up.

Willz

you could be right, Willz, my memory's really foggy on the first few eps of the series (keep missing those too!) -- Jack's first murders may not have been directed at Sam or related to her - except for the death of her husband --

so - i'm not 100% sure on the early timeline --
but, a lot of that stuff from late season 2/early season 3 - or whenever it is that Jack is pretending to be some cop out in the boonies and is leading the VCTF around by a leash -- it gets really weird and really confusing --

so - i'm waiting for CBS to get around to airing those eps again -
(and hoping my mom elects to get Direct TV so i can have Court TV again! and Showtime!! WOOHOO!)

i do remember that sam wasn't brought in till the 8th victim.....this is what bailey says when they are going through the cases one by one, shortly before they reveal that tom was victim 13......

after she was brought in to work the case he became obsessed with her and started to direct his messages specifically to her a couple of murders later, this is also when he started going after people from her past

Willz

okay - that's it -- i remember that now -- she came in after victim 8 - and Tom was 13 - and every victim after 8 was 'connected' to Sam somehow -

i think the way it worked was that Sam was brought in after victim 8, then once Tom was killed, (13) she left the VCTF and Jack 'backed off' a bit, then all-of-a-sudden something starts happening again and Bailey goes to get Sam and brings her back in -- and Jack starts working again --

or something like that ----

she left the fbi......the vctf hadn't been formed yet.

the vctf was formed when the series started.

Willz

is that how it worked?? okay - -see - i need to see the beginning of the series again -- i've only seen the 1st ep once --- stupid cable - can't believe it doesn't have Court TV --

pretty sure that's how it went

because they spent the first part of the first season working out the kinks in running the new unit.....it was Bailey's baby :D

Willz

yeah - that explains his overprotectiveness of his team members - he doesn't want to lose anyone ----

and hmmm - should we examine Bailey's feelings on Jack??

do you think he's jealous? b/c Jack keeps Sam's attention focused on him? we know that Jack is jealous of any men in Sam's life - but how do the men in Sam's life feel? are they jealous of Jack or do they just hate him???

Ok I don't think Bailey's jealous of Jack.....severly dislikes yes, sorry to see the sleeze die, no.....but jealous no.....

I don't think he like what Jack did to his friend, and the fact that Jack made her run from her life....but I think jealous is the last thing that Bailey would be of Jack

Willz

Coop on the other hand was totally jealous of the amount of time Sam spent hunting him......and for the fact that she kept pushing him away because of Jack.....

Willz

that's what i was thinking - Bailey hates Jack -- i think Bailey is the only one who doesn't really let Jack get to him - probably why Jack is always aiming for Bailey -- i mean, i'm sure Jack *does* get to Bailey, he just doesn't show it - why? b/c he's the 'big cheese' - he's not supposed to appear shaken, by anything -

true, which is why i think that sam and bailey were always such good friends. sam knew that she could rely on him to still be there for her if she needed him no matter what jack did :D

Willz