The Centre

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
The Centre -- the place where there are many questions, but very few answers.

Here you will find Miss Parker, Sydney, Broots, Mr. Lyle, Mr. Parker, and Mr. Raines; not to mention Sam and Willie the sweepers, all working diligently to locate and retrieve Jarod, their pet project w/ genius abilities.

So, enter at your own risk. Many who do, never get out, and generally end up in Renewal Wing.

The Centre is the best arena for comedic relief.

Ms. Parker/Broots scenes are always a highlight to the show, and her and Mr. Lyle (rather formal family) are just as great.

Mr. Raines gives me a creepy X-Files Consortium/CSM feeling (that mught just be because he wears black and smokes), but he has a few great moments. I even felt sorry for him once.. it was fleeting, tho.

Sydney makes me think of the patriach of Poltergeist: The Legacy. I don't know if it is the age, the hair, the accent, or what, but I just see them as the same guy, even though I know they aren't.

MP is a very strong female character, who, at first, i didn't like, but she grew on me, now i love her!

Mr. Lyle - he's just a great wickedly evil minded guy! love him too! he just has this way about him -- tho, i don't like him w/ 2 thumbs -- he doesn't seem as forboding that way -- you know?

Jarod - hey, what's not to like about a guy who can become anyone?? and what a collection of cool toys!!!

Broots is wonderful too - he's a great father and is able to tolerate MP and her orders --- and he's comic relief!

Raines creeps me out - but he's necessary - can't have protagonists w/o antagonists!!

Mr. Parker - he gets on my nerves -- always some hidden agenda - at least w/ Lyle you generally know where you stand -- immediately below him!

I can't stand the Triumverate... that's what those scum-suckers call themselves, right?

Anyhoo-- They are all have ulterior motives, and they never include the ppl who have to carry out, or live with those motives.

Miss Parker is always trying to figure if *Daddy* is being the good father, or bad father. How can you trust anything he says if you are always trying to figure out if he killed her mother; if he knows who did; if he was telling the truth about Faith, Jarod, Angelo, Lyle, or herself....

I see Raines as a pawn... an evil pawn, but a pawn nonetheless. He just happens to relish what he is told to do. That is the best kind of pawn.

well - at The Centre there are definitely more questions than answers - and MP's relationship w/ her father is one of them -- 1st - is he really her father? 2nd - does MP really believe anything he says anyway, or does she just ask him things so she has some pieces to go on to figure out the truth?

Mr. Lyle - hmmm - is he REALLY MP's brother? is he really Mr. Parker's son? if he IS a Centre protege why was he sent out to live w/ a foster family as Bobby Bowman?
<sigh> time to explore the background and past of Mr. Lyle

raines-the ultimate paradox. at times he seems more powerful than either mr. parker or lyle, and at times he appears to be at their mercy. a man with so much power at the center-stemming from his knowledge of the past because as we all know: knowledge is power. he seems to want to get ahead at the center so much, and then you get these extreemly brief and rare moments of human compassion. a man with so much power, yet not able to breath without assistance.

Mr. Lyle - hmmm - is he REALLY MP's brother? is he really Mr. Parker's son? if he IS a Centre protege why was he sent out to live w/ a foster family as Bobby Bowman?

he has to be MP's brother. jarod was the one who did the DNA tests. the only way lyle wouldn't be her brother is if the DNA sample was messed with before jarod tested it.

the only way lyle wouldn't be her brother is if the DNA sample was messed with before jarod tested it.

I wouldn't put it past the Centre. I still say they lied about Angelo being Parker's brother (plz tell me I remember right, and that is what it turned out to be).

When it comes to Ms Parker, there are a lot of lies. I wouldn't be suprised to find out she's a Pretender, too, and she's been pretending to be Mr Parker's daughter this whole time.

the DNA results came down to angelo and lyle, and it turned out to be lyle. but you're right, it is very possible that the center screwed things up.

There are a lot of questions left at the Centre -- like - there are 28 sub-levels -- anyone have any idea what they all are??

SL-5 is the tech room, and SL-28 was Raines' weird factory --

but -- the others? (i do have a little info on some of the others, but i don't remember them off the top of my head -- i'll be back when i do)

okay - i still don't remember about the sublevels -

but i was thinking about Broots --

wonder how he came to work at the Centre - did he send them a resume? or did they find him working some 2-bit techie job somewhere, thought he would be perfect, and reel him in??

that's a good question, i don't think anyone would WANT to work at the Centre.

Then again, Sidney did tell Miss Parker that the Centre wasn't always evil, he told her that they were responsable for a lot of good too. So maybe he did fill in an application. *wonder,wonder*