profiler

tokyogirl

krycek's love slave
did anyone else here ever watch profiler? i used to watch it all the time because it was right after the pretender. i really miss the show. i know they have reruns on court tv, but that's not enough. i hate it when they cancel the shows i really like!

the whole NBC sat-night line-up was cancelled for 2 things - ratings (apparently they weren't high enough) and NBC was gonna run the XFL -- big flop that it was --- (bet their kicking themselves now, just like they probably did after CBS picked up JAG - which NBC dumped b/c of ratings) ---

but - i only started watching Profiler when the x-overs w/ The Pretender were done -- -then picked it up on CourtTV, and now can only watch it on CBS at 1205 early Sunday morning --

kinda been trying to follow it -- it's rough when it only comes on at weird times ----

i've seen most of the eps so if you're confused about anything let me know

i've seen most eps -- only missed a couple in the beginning and most of season 4 -- and CBS is currently in season 2 (i think - Bailey just got shot) -- so, i'm almost back to where i left off - (if that makes any sense)

nah - i won't say that -- i kinda like Rachel -- (and i haven't seen but like 4 eps from season 4)

the reason i didn't initially watch the series was b/c of all that "Jack" stuff - that whole storyline annoys me -- it's completely irrelevant to the show -- almost as tho they couldn't come up w/ a 'real' way to keep the show alive, so they create this Jack character ---- while the idea is intriguing, it tends to detract from the rest of the storyline -- almost like there's too much going on at one time ----

really? i started watching it b/c i wanted to get, on tape, the x-over eps and I got hooked on Robert Davi - so, i kept watching to see Bailey -- (who, btw, i didn't like when i first saw him in the x-over eps w/ The Pretender) ---

really? i think jack was awesome! like when he kidnaps sam and tells her not to escape. he tells her that what she believes will be her escape will actually be her true imprisonment. and when finally escapes the room, she realizes that it's not really an apartment but it's really a wharehouse. the room was basically a set. when she was in the room she at least had the hope of escape, but once she leaves she is truly isolated.

yep - really - didn't like him --- he bugged me --

that ep -- Jack's last - that was pretty good -- but the whole ep was pretty much Jack focused -- what annoyed me was Jack always knowing stuff that the FBI didn't -- stuff they should have -- it was kinda annoying!

and it took me a while to warm up to Sam --

Bailey and Chloe are my fave characters --- they interact well!

I watched this show during it's first run. I liked Jack although instead of being in every ep. he could have been a recurring villian like Joker, CSM, Q amoug others. He was good. Or is it he was awful.

Rachel was okay at first. It was in the last 6 or so ep's of season 4 that TPTB actully knew what to do with her.

The only thing I didn't like about the show was George. The computer guy. it seemed they ruined him starting with season 3.
He first was an agent that felt unuseful since the other on the team were risking their necks while he sat in front of a computer. They he became a wanna be novelist, then Jewish, than maybe gay, and finaly a pill popper, those storylines were far worst than any of Jack's.

ZachWZ

well - i haven't seen the end of season 3 yet, and only parts of 4 --

but i agree on the Jack thing -- he could have been less prominent --

oh -- and gotta let ya know -- hop over to the new Pretender/Profiler mini-forum!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Highlander II

oh -- and gotta let ya know -- hop over to the new Pretender/Profiler mini-forum!!!!!!!

Check it :D it is her baby, and and a sweet lil one it is at that :p

I love the show, but can someone tell me what happened to Sam?? I went on leave for 2 months, came home and found some weird woman in Sams place. So what gives ?? Who is she, what is she, and do I still watch it ? And please tell me George isn't this depressed the whole season.....

george doesn't stay depressed the entire season. what happened was sam was kidnapped by jack, and they brought rachel in to help find her. sam escapes, and jack takes her daughter. they all end up at sam's dead husband's grave, sam tells her daughter to wait in the car, and after an brief exchange btw sam and jack she shoots him and he dies with a rose in his hand on her husband's grave.

never heard of this show.... any good

yeah, it's really good. it's about this VCTF team (FBI's Violent Task Force) headed up by the one and only Bailey Malone. they one thing that makes this team special is their profiler: Samantha Waters. she's not exactly psychic, but she gets like these flashes that kind of give her insight in to the seriel killer. her husband was killed a seriel killer named jack, who now periodically terrorizes and toys with her. if you're in the US the reruns come on court tv. if you're not, i don't know if they still come on.

Cheers for that.... I am in the UK... so will have to wait

Originally posted by ZachWZ
The only thing I didn't like about the show was George. The computer guy. It seemed they ruined him starting with season 3. He first was an agent that felt unuseful since the others on the team were risking their necks while he sat in front of a computer. Then he became a wanna be novelist, then Jewish, then maybe gay, and finaly a pill popper, those storylines were far worse than any of Jack's.

George was gay from first season. It was in the script for "The House That Jack Built". I have a copy of the script. In the script when Richard introduced himself he introduced himself as, "George's 'significant other.' Or 'life partner' or 'husband' or 'lover.'" When John came in later he asked Grace what he'd missed, and she said, "George is gay, Nathan can't make coffee." John responded, "What's wrong with Nathan's coffee?" :D

Still dosen;t change my opiion of him. I only liked him for one ep. when he walked into a robbery in a computer store. That was it. Often times he and his computer would be the out of the blue answear which had no build up. I would prefir the detectives doing leg work.

ZachWZ

I wasn't trying to change your opinion of George merely stating for anyone reading this thread that George was definitely gay. Also for the clarity of anyone reading this, the episode in which George was caught up in a video store robbery was "Blue Highways." The discussion in it about George's criminal record making him unable to carry a gun makes some people wonder what he's doing with a gun fourth season. I'm not sure why they wonder, the whole point to the operation where they blew Marcus cover second season was to get George's record wiped. No criminal record no problem having a gun. :)