4.12: A New Man

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
4.12 : A New Man

After a night out drinking with the scoundral Ethan Raynes, Giles wakes up not feeling himself. (OB)

I'm watching the ep right now and something struck me...

Giles-as-demon goes to Xander at 10:30 am...i know cause giles mentions it and it's early daylight outside.

The Scoobies don't appear to start worrying about it until it gets dark, what's up with that?

ya know - that's a really good question --

but i love the whole Spike - Giles interaction thing -- very funny!

Giles: Am I speaking English?
Spike: <with a laugh> No, you're speaking Fyarl. And I happen to speak Fyarl.

nice to know the guy's got some language skills! :)

I like all the Ethan Rayne episodes (probably spelled his name wrong), but this one was a hoot and a half.

Once I'd finished watching it the first time, I had to rewind the tape back to the part where Giles-demon jumps out of the car and runs after Maggie especially following his line of (paraphrasing) "I refuse to act like a monster just because I look like one." :D

Cheers,

nope - you spelled it right -- Riley spells it out over his phone when he and Buffy are in the magic shop --

and Giles running after Maggie -- CLASSIC!! gotta cheer for him on that one -- don't like her -- i'd have chased her too! oh - and Spike thought it was great! :)

and did anyone notice that Spike was driving 'badly' until after Giles got out of the car, then he was a speed demon and taking turns like a pro? --- well, until he ran into that pile of garbage ;)

Gotta ask for those that saw the original before cut scenes.

Was there anything more to the crash after Spike runs into the trash? I've wondered about that ... a scene with Spike getting out of the car and wandering off. I kind of expected that he might have shown up at the motel going after Giles to see if he killed Ethan and watching with glee. :D

Cheers,

yeah - i was wondering that too -- b/c they didn't show anything w/ Spike getting out of the car ---

i was expecting him to show up at the hotel and at least try to convince Buffy that the demon was Giles - but she, of course, wouldn't believe him, and Spike would just sigh and shrug and let her get whatever was coming -- and THEN have her figure out that it was Giles ---

see - i'm telling you -- 'close the storylines' -- they've gotta learn that! leaving things wide open like that is not only annoying, but bad writing ---- grrr argh!

Back