4.10: Hush

yeah - UPN decided to hang onto this one the 1st time through - don't know why really - if UPN had run season 6 reruns they would have gotten the same ratings -- airing Hush doesn't up the ratings any - except that UPN doesn't cut out the extra 2 mins like FX does -- but anyway ----

yeah - this could have turned really corny, but Joss worked it out just right to make everything stay 'Buffy' --

i read/heard/something somewhere (might have been here) that Joss wrote this episode b/c someone commented that his dialogue in the episodes was impeccable - very interesting and just really good dialogue - so he wrote an episode w/ no dialogue -- b/c he's the type of writer/director/producer/indian chief who will change things about a show/character if too many ppl tell him that they like a certain aspect -- which, personally, i think is really cool!

i'd much rather have dynamic characters that irritate ppl than static characters that everyone loves ---

I have to try to remember what I wrote because everything froze on me for a second and I lost my entire post.

Let's see ...

Little question (maybe):

No one can speak or no one can make any noise whatsoever? We heard one girl crying, Gile's girlfriend gasp, and Riley breathe heavily.

Simply adored the part in the classroom with Giles and the gang.

Giles giving his usual 'lecture' in visual form complete with musical accompanyment and looking as 'presumptious' as ever, Xander looking confused, Anya looking bored and eating popcorn, Willow being her usual animated self, and the jokes ... Buffy miming how to kill the Gentlemen while everyone was else looked ... well just looked, and then the way she reacted to Gile's drawing of her having 'wide hips'. :D

Poor Spike ... he gets whaled on by Xander, too.

Cheers,

yeah - no one can make a sound, but ppl can cry and breathe loudly - the breathing one i can get - but the crying - that should have been quiet ---

Giles' drawings - TOO funny! and the music - very nice touch!

and yes - Spike - gets whaled on by Xander - and for what? NOTHING! just b/c Xander - assumed - Spike did something - he didn't even look to see if Anya was ok - just punched Spike -

however - in Xander's defense (only slightly tho) - Spike was in 'vamp face' and had blood smeared on his mouth --

That was sooooooooo funny with Spike and Anya. Was in bits when I saw that part. The look on Spikes face was a classic.

Giles drawings were hilarious too and the music was quite apt.

annette :D

ya know - this is just one of those classic episodes - you can watch it over and over and it's not boring --

it's just such an interesting idea, that no one will be able to do it again w/o it looking a lot like Buffy --- they might be able to mimic Joss on some things, but w/ the "Hush" idea - they'll be hard pressed to find something different enough that it's not a complete copy ---

This is a classic episode, enjoy seeing this again and again.

annette :D