"Twice Blessed"...the final episode

spider

If any FW fans haven't seen this ep yet, plese don't read any further. I don't want to be responsible for ruining anything for anyone. that being said...

I was very proud of the way this episode made the series come full circle, even within the first five minuits when Cade once again said "I know you're here", as he did in the first ep.

Bringing back the concept of rooms that can distort your mind was both a good move, and in hindsite an obvious security measure that Mabis would take. It made for a very hard to predict plot, which is good, as we're constantly left guessing "...is this real?".

I must admit, once we entered the final minuits of the episode, I had no idea how it was going to wrap up. With Mabus saying that Cade was really Gua, and that everything he had done up to this time was all part of "Operation: Twice Blessed", only he bagan to believe his own cover...then seeing Cade shoot his companions...for a minuit I honestly thought they were going to end the series with the Gua invasion being successful!

I must say, seeing Mabus die was very satisfying. I especially liked the way that Cade crushed his hand with the hammer...although I must admit that I would have rather seen Mabus die by Cade shooting him, saying something to the regard of "You all die the same"...showing that even this powerful and influencial Gua was just as vulnerable as any other.

One thing I'm surprised about is the fact that they didn't destroy Mabus's base. I mean, there were 10,000 human husks residing there, just waiting to be infused with a consiousness and turned loose. True, the 2nd wave would be abondoned, but leaving them there seems like too big of a risk to me. It means that if a Gua ever did decide to invade again, they'd already have an army there.

And then there's the ending. It's good that Cade finally had closure with Hanna, and I think it's soething that he's needed for a long time.

Now that the invasion is over, I wonder how the four will cope with "normal life". Will Cade and Jordan get together? What will Joshua do? Can the four of them really fit living in Eddie's van? ;)

All in all, it was a hell of a ride.

I personally was waiting something more agressive for a series finale. I already stay why I think that in the Season 3 thread. But you got good points. And it sure was a hell of a ride as you say. I'm going to miss this series.:(

Krystal :D

i agree with Krystal on this i really enjoyed this series, and was hoping for a bigger ending, but what we got was very well done. i was sitting on the edge of the couch the whole time just waiting to see what would happen next. I really was suprised by the whole idea of Kade being a Gua, was really weird, and i actually beleived ti for a while, the think i really liked about this episode was how Mabius died, oh wow did he deserve that:p :rolly2:

Yeah, the idea of Cade as a Gua was really an unexpected surprise it have me for a moment. :D

Krystal :p

now is it just me or can does it not seem that Eddy will never cease being a guy who hides out and looks for conspiracys, u think he will ever settle down?:rolly2:

Originally posted by timdgreat
now is it just me or can does it not seem that Eddy will never cease being a guy who hides out and looks for conspiracys, u think he will ever settle down?:rolly2:

Nah, Eddie will always see conspiracies is part of his personality. :D

yeah i cant see him doing anything else, what about Joshua, think he will get a desk job some were:D:rolly2:

No way :lol: probably is he stays in Earth he will become part of the military or some group like that. :lol: