9.03 : Demonicus

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

From the official X-Files site:

Number three is "Dæmonicus," written and directed by Frank Spotnitz. The title is the Latin word for "Satan." The episode airs on Nov. 18th.

Episode 9.03 "Daemonicus"

"With Scully reassigned to the Quantico training academy, Doggett and Reyes investigate their first X-file together --- A series of Satanic ritual murders whose victims may include the agents themselves."

A random case! YES! On a more calm note, this one looks interesting. We need to see Doggit flung into the relm of the paranormal more often. Hell, he's our resident non-believer after all.

I really like the interaction between Doggett and Reyes.

Kolbold really got to Doggett. He is usally calmer and more clinical in his approach. You could see Kobold's comments bothering him and then the way he wanted to ignore possible evidence.

It was good to see Scully back doing her dissections and being very clinical about it. Yet she accepts the possibility that there can be other explanations. Mulder has definetly influenced her over the years.

So was there unearthly evil afoot here or what? There is no way that guy could know all of what he needed to know for this to have happened.

I enjoy this episode. It was cool to see Scully being the one convincing Dogget to believe in other possibilities. And also it was good to see a non-alien related episode. It was very cool, specially the explanation of Daemonicus at the end of the episode."lol"

Krystal :D

Another good old MOW episode. I really like thiese to break up the plot episodes so my poor brain can try and get itself wrapped around everything before a new one comes along. Like Scully being the believer in this one although I do miss Skeptic!Scully sometimes.

I'm not usually a big fan of MOTW eps, but i just wanted to say that i'm impressed. This ep has actually given me a little glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. I'm a huge M/S Shipper and Mulder fan so i was expecting the worst but willing to keep an open mind on the whole thing, and i'm glad i did because i think this episode is going to stay one of my favourites for season 9!

I think one of the things i loved about this episode, is the whole Doggett/Reyes interaction, and i smile a little every time he calls her Monica (maybe cos it was very rare for M + S to call each other Fox *g* and Dana), and i think i may be turning into a Doggett/Reyes Shipper as well God help me. I noticed a little twinkle in Doggett's eye when he whispered to Reyes over her shoulder, and they definitely have a vibe between them - maybe not as strong as M/S but its still there :)

I thought that the whole speech with the guy (the patient, cant remember his name for the life of me :rolleyes:) gave Doggett was very interesting. I never really thought that Doggett had a "thing" for Scully, it always seemed more of a brotherly affection type of love and caring than anything sexual.

I never really gave much thought about how Doggett might feel like he's always in Mulder's shadow but i guess its understandable that he might feel that way, although you can never really compare them, not exactly two pea's in a pod now are they?

I like how Reyes is such an obvious believer in most (all?) things paranormal etc, but that she never assumes that its Satanic, and she is quick to point out that the cases she has studied have never shown to be actual Satanic rituals. She has Mulder's "believerness" and Scullys "objectiveness" and this meshes with Doggett's style of skeptic well on screen.

Oh, and i like Reyes' leather jacket :D:D:D its so totally cool :rolleyes:

xxx:smokin:

Originally posted by Mellian
He is usally calmer and more clinical in his approach. You could see Kobold's comments bothering him and then the way he wanted to ignore possible evidence.

One of the things not really explained. Was it because Luke, his son, was killed in similar circumstances. I think they will be picking up on this again. I hope so, because it made it interesting.

As usual with the X-Files, there were other plot points that were just left hanging there at the end. If they tie them up later I don't mind, but we are getting close to the finish. I am also pleased at how series 9 seems to be shaping up. I thought that there were some camera shots, and sequences done in fast frame that must have taken a long time to set up.

At this point though, I don't think the decision to end had been made yet. It certainly didn't feel like a series on its last legs.

with all the unanswered questions I don't think this series would have felt on it's last legs for quite a while.

As for loose ends in this one there were several and it's just one of those things I've come to expect from this show. It just wouldn't be the X-Files without them.

Can I just say that the snake thing was just gross :eek: I mean yeah they were dead but it still made my stomach upset.

Oh, for the good old days. I know it's too much to ask for Mulder and Scully to get back together, but at least it was just a standard monster of the week. IMO, the show has gone downhill since the government conspiracy angle was introduced. Also, it really confuses me!

Back