Did you cry? (be honest)

I thought a sad and good bit was when Pippin (Billy Boyd) was singing and the Gondorians (?) led by Faramir were charging against that city on the river.

I didn't cry at the end. I actually thought they laid it all on with a trowel a bit and the end went on far too long.

I loved the films otherwise however.

Hey, I cry reading Harry Potter of all things!
There were - naturally for me - quite a few places in the movies that had me crying. The end, Pippin singing while Faramir was riding to his near death... etc.

I think it's either a really sad or happy moment that lets loose my tears. Especially when the film music underlines it so beautifully.

I´d cryed ^^ RotK was very doleful... xD I´ve cryed at the point, when Frodo, Elrond, Galadriel and Gandalf went to Valinor. When Frodo said goodbye to sam and the others... T.T also when Galadriel said, that the time from the elves is over... because the elves had lord about middle earth so long time x3 and now they gone ... ^^ *suspire* -n.n-

yeah, I cried several times, especially the bits with Merry & Pippin. I cry a lot in movies. I can't watch Finding Nemo with my kids, they don't understand why I bawl in that. But NOTHING has made me bawl as much as "Life is Beautiful" - the movie Roberto Bernini won the Oscar for.

And, I just read Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince, and howled my eyes out for about the last 100 pages...

me = big sook

I don't usually cry at movies ( except when I'm pregnant, when I blub my little heart out at anything, including the end of Bagpuss)

But I did get a bit choked up when Eomer found Eowyn on the battlefield.

I don't think I've ever outright cried when reading a book but some films can be quite emotional.

But I did get a bit choked up when Eomer found Eowyn on the battlefield.
The actor who played Eomer (Karl Urban) manages to temporarily make Eowyn look like my own little sister to me there, even though she doesn't at all at any other time.

But NOTHING has made me bawl as much as "Life is Beautiful" - the movie Roberto Bernini won the Oscar for.
That I can understand. Great film that one. Very sad. I didn't cry in it though.

The LOTR trilogy was a roller-coaster of emotions for me, although not to the point of blubbing .... although to be fair I almost shed a tear when Aragon tells the hobbits "My friends. You bow to no-one!" and then both he and everyone in attendence bows before them

The LOTR trilogy was a roller-coaster of emotions for me, although not to the point of blubbing .... although to be fair I almost shed a tear when Aragon tells the hobbits "My friends. You bow to no-one!" and then both he and everyone in attendence bows before them

in that bit i was like wtf???:confused:

The last film that made me cry was CHAMP, a tale of a boxer and his young son, ealry 80's I think and I was about 7 years old.
DON'T DIE CHAMP, DON'T DIE etc.

Yes, I cried a couple of times throughout these movies. I cried on LOTR when Gandalf falls (even thought i read the book and knew what happened).
I get choked up everytime I watch the lighting of the beacons, and at the end when Frodo, Gandalf and the elves leave.

I feel things deeply, I guess. I also cried during most of the movie Rosewood (Ving Rhames, Jon Voight, & Don Cheadle). I couldn't believe that it was based on a true story. VERY EMOTIONAL!!!!!

I also cried at the End of Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire (movie) when Harry returned from fighting Voldemort w/Cedric Diggory's body. He was crying and saying that Voldemort was back and he didn't want to let go of Cedric. Very touching.

I also cried at the End of Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire (movie) when Harry returned from fighting Voldemort w/Cedric Diggory's body. He was crying and saying that Voldemort was back and he didn't want to let go of Cedric. Very touching.
NO I REFUSE TO TURN THIS INTO A RADCLIFFE BASHING THREAD!!!

Ooo that scene gets me too, I choke up every time. And I can't remember which book its in, there's a scene where Mrs Weasley is being very motherly to Harry after all the traumas of whatever volume it was, and that one gets me too.

ROTK I didn't find too cryworthy, there were several moving moments though. I did almost cry in disgust at that incredibly overdone scene where Sam shoulders Frodo to carry him up the side of Mt Doom - I couldn't believe how kitschy that was.

One movie that always, without fail, makes me cry, is Peter Weir's Gallipoli - the final scene where the young boy (what was his name! I can see his face of course) is preparing himself to "go over the top" of the trenches by going through his uncle's race preparation pep talk..."How fast can you run? As fast as a leopard!" And then goes over the top with all the others, dropping his rifle and leaving them all behind, running hell for leather into the machine guns...oh I'm getting teary just thinking about it.