Goldberg in 'Star Trek X?'(rumour)

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
From the Syfy portal

In a recent interview, Whoopi Goldberg -- who played Guinan in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" -- said she had not been asked by producers to make any type of appearance in the upcoming "Star Trek" movie. But there's a chance she might have spoke too soon.

LeVar Burton told fans at the Slanted Fedora convention in Las Vegas Thursday that Goldberg has been asked to appear in the movie's opening scenes at an "event" which her character would be attending. That event, based on previous spoilers, likely will be the wedding reception of Deanna Troi and William Riker in Alaska.

As with all rumors, this tidbit has not been confirmed by Paramount Pictures and should be given the same attention as all rumors get.

I liked her too. Her episodes were some of the best. It would be better if she had a proper part in the film, rather than a cameo appearance at the Wedding.

(I heard that the Wedding is no longer at the start of the film, but has been moved to the middle, so that may also affect whether Whoopi Goldberg will still appear.)

Guinan is acool character, she deserves more than a cameo, although for film-only fans she'd take a fair bit of explaining!

PS When i first read the title of the thread "goldberg in star trek x" i thought it was gonna be about the wrestler guy..thank god it aint!!

I too would love to see Guinan in Trx X.... loved her in Generations...