How long had the Goa'uld been on earth??

tuco

How long had the Goa'uld been on earth before the Stargate sealed by the cover stone?? Were all of the System Lords there, or was it just Ra? What happened to Ra's Jaffa after the "movie"?? Could a Goa'uld have taken an Asgard as a host(Loki)???

Originally posted by tuco How long had the Goa'uld been on earth before the Stargate sealed by the cover stone??
The Goa'uld had been on earth for ages; Hathor was improsined for almost 2000 years (I think), and that was after a long (at least a few centuries) reign probly with Ra, on Earth, before the humans rebelled. And then, didn't Sokar have it before?
Originally posted by tuco Were all of the System Lords there, or was it just Ra? What happened to Ra's Jaffa after the "movie"??
They may have all had a turn; I get the impression that Ra was Earth's main Goa'uld, maybe Sokar beforehand, and Hathor probly ruled with Ra, or Ra imprisoned her on Earth after the humans had rebelled, so that if she got free, they'd kill her.
I'm guessing, as has happened with other dead Goa'uld's Jaffa, they kinda disperse; go home or go serve another Goa'uld.

Hope that helps!

the goa'uld have been on earth for 10 thousand yearsand at the time of the goaulds arrival ra ruled earth but for the next 5 thousand years between when ra first came and the rebelion happened many more goa'uld ruled the planet. so when ra found out that the people of earth had rebeled under which ever goauld they were ruled by ra stoped reading and writting to stop the abadonians from finding out, which is why ra didn't take back earth, plus during this time earth had lost it's value, goauld no longer needed to take slave from earth because they already had them, earth has no naquada or trinium and earth probaly had no teritorial value any more.

i correct my self/ The goa'uld have possibly been here 10 thousand years. because thats how long the coverstone has been here. which would mean that ra had the coverstone made when he first arrived. or ra arrived on earth thousands of years before that and the cover stone was made to seal the stargate, but it is possible that the cover stone was made before the rebelion. whch is why the cover stone speaks of ra and shows the coordinates in the same way they were on abydos. but we deffinatley know that ra was not the only goa'uld to rule earth bu may have been the only one to put a satargate on earth as the other was found in antartica which is thought to be the actual atlantis. so it may have been put there by the aicients. but we know at least that ra ruled earth along with sokarand god knows how any others, and that earth had been fought over since it was discovered. but we can only guess how long the goa'uld have been on earth as we know some didn't leave.

when was Babylon? We know there was one then who killed Amaroka (S1)

Dunno. Sometime between Ancient Egypt and ... now! I'm interested in the answer though. *looks around hopefully*

babylon was before the gate was beruied but after ra's power because ra ruled earth and wouldn't of alowed any other goa'uld to rule there