5.19: Sentinel

Manco

The Man With No Name
Sentinal;

Taken from scifiguide.net
New details on the late Season Five episode "Sentinel" are available. Tobias and Grieves -- members of the NID's rogue Stargate team arrested in "Shades of Grey," -- will appear in this episode. SG-1 discovers that the rogue team broke a complex machine that guarded a world from the Goa'uld (I'm thinking along the lines of Thor's Hammer), leaving it open to attack. The team arrives on the planet to find that it is under attack by forces of the Goa'uld Anubis. O'Neill is forced to get Tobias and Grieves out of imprisonment at Levenworth, because they promise him that they can fix the device, and take them back to the planet.
Sounds good!

hhmmmm interesting. anubis huh? well that guy seems to be having a lot of fun this season and not one eppie has aired yet that mentions his name..quite kool

now if jack would just really come to leavenworth i could show him around...it's not that far away...thought the rogues would come into play sooner or later.

i'm thinking the twist is gonna be are they gonna be taken back to the stockade or will they escape???

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it sounds a little too much like TH for my tastes.Wow... I've gone from defending 'my' episode to bagging someone elses.
But it's SG-1, so it's gonna be great anyway.;)
Raptor

maybe Grieves & Tobias are alied with Anubis...taken over by hosts or something so it's a trick & they just wan't to get to Earth by pretending to be imprissoned & wait for good ol' unsuspecting Jack to 'rescue' them & take them back with him?

Rouges

Any bets on how many seconds into the episode Jack lets them know, in no uncertain terms, it be just as glad to take care of them where theystand as see them back at Leavenworth?

ooh about 3.2 seconds. ;)

i'm wondering if some kind of sparks are gonna fly between sam & claire....sam did beat her out of a job after all

I was wondering that also! Seems like Clair wants more than just out of jail! Watch out Sam!

Well, I thought that Claire did kind of 'come on' to Jack in a mild sort of way, then I thought it was just because he was the new 'CO'. But then again, she might seek the casting couch way of getting and keeping out of prison. Who knows? She was a smarmy git anyway!

;)

'Claire'

I would not trust that woman further than I can bullseye the center of an M-16 target. And certainly *not* at the back of a man I would certainly have as my CO anytime, anywhere, anyplace.:mad:

could we be so lucky...catfight!!!

or sam could deck her.
if she can take out hathy and nirti(or at least help) claire's gonna be a piece of cake

Catfight

Oh, I so wish. Since *that woman* lost out to Carter in the first place [on getting a place at the SGC], it's only fair that Sam takes her down.

i'm sorta hoping she gets to zat clair or maybe deck her.
'well that was refreshing'...she likes to punch people.

ugghh, just don't let clair sacrifice herself or something noble. i hate when the bad guys do that.

Oh, skydiver, Clair couldn't do that .... could she? She's so skanky!
But that is one way to tie up loose ends....

if we really wanna angst the heck outta sam, clair could die saving sam's life.....now THAT would be a twist

harry's back????

this just in from one of the lists....could we have harry back too???

During the RDA interview on the Vicki Gabereau Show (on Canadian TV on Oct.
12th), two clips were shown from Stargate SG-1.

One was from "Enemies" - the "excuse me, but I think we made it" scene on the
bridge.

The second clip was from one of the new episodes we're waiting patiently (!)
for...(Possibly The Sentinel, going by the descriptions listed on StarGuide?)

The clip ran for 11 seconds. Here's a transcription:

Scene: Gas Station. Jack's Ford F-150 pickup (license appeared to be Q1B 636),
is parked facing the camera. Standing on the right side of
the truck is Jack (wearing a red/black checked shirt over a black t-shirt, and
blue jeans [YES!]), and standing on the left side is
Maybourne (bearded, wearing a black windbreaker, a light gray or blue pullover
shirt, and black pants).

Jack: (very angry and betrayed sounding) "I trusted you!" (Has both hands
clenched into fists, shaking them.)

Harry: "Come on, would I have come back here like this if I had done it?"

Jack: (still angry) "You might!"

Harry: "I swear, Jack."

Jack: "Well, then who did it?"

Harry: "I don't know."

Jack: "What DO YOU know?"

i just KNOW that there wasn't a gas station scene in desperate measures adn the 'i trusted you' could very well refer to jack thinking that harry's the one that shot him

Just seen this. Have to think some more on it.

Yes, Grieves and Tobias do die saving SG-1 and the planet. One person who doesn't is the guy Jack doesn't let go home -- I was absolutely sure that he would!

The Goa'uld attacking is not Anubis, it was something beginning with S. Jack has to ask Carter who it is. She says he is a System Lord. How many System Lords are there? They could only manage 10 around a table 3 weeks ago. Has Jack not been reading his intelligence?

The aliens reminded me of the kind of society Kirk would visit in the original Star Trek, controlled or defended by a mighty computer -- Totally unbelievable!

OK, this was on Sky One last night and so far only one post about it - could it be because everyone has the same queries I have

Like how did the sentinel machine KNOW who the enemies were ? If it was a Thor's Hammer kind of deal then WHY was Teal'c not affected

Anyone have any ideas

Also, these two renegades - were they actually in Shades of Grey cos I didn't recognise them, but maybe they were same characters/different actors or maybe my mind is turning to Jelly cos I will be 40 next Wednesday !!!!!