The Four Horsemen

okay -- back to the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse and away from Methos' boxer shorts -- (we can start a whole separate thread for that) ---

anyone have any ideas??? how did they get started? who or what convinced them to split??? (did we cover this??)

ok - so we probably did cover that stuff --

we can cover it again ----

or, someone can come up w/ something else -----

Ok here's a topic I read about on the Highlander fourm on another board

Were Methos and the Horsemen the _Real_ Horsemen the ones in the Bible? or did they here storys about the ones in the Bible and base them selfs one them?

well they couldn't have based it on the Bible stories because they were around 1000 years before Christ and I don't think the Horseman were mentioned until the book of Revelations which is the last book of the Bible and written after Christ rose.

yeah - i agree w/ Dia - that 'our' 4 Horsemen aren't based on the bible stories --

and somehow, i get the feeling they may have been named sometime AFTER they disbanded -- you know - like in history - they name stuff after it happens (well, now they name it WHEN it happens b/c of media and such) -- but like when ppl were fighting during what we call the 'War of the Roses' - the ppl weren't runnin' around going - 'Hey, how's the war of the roses going?' -

so - maybe they referred to themselves as the 4 horsemen, but the 'of the apocolypse' part came later --

or - there is another 'myth' about 4 horsemen that inspired the stories in the Bible (depends on how you read the Bible - i'm not stepping on anyone's religion here) ---

it's all up in the air -

good question, Dru!!

good point...I can see Kronos finding out about the Bible story and naming them after the fact

or someone else, someone doing history - maybe a watcher - reads the Bible and feels the title fits appropriately -

but - ppl did know about the "Horsemen" - b/c - if you remember that medicine man that was teaching Cassandra - in response to her question about who these men in masks were - he said "The Horsemen"

not specific, just 'the horsemen' - so maybe these ppl assumed there were more than 4, or just referred to them as the 'horsemen' b/c they rode horses (duh) and terrorized tribes -

just more threories and observations