Book 6 (Rumours and speculation)

lmao, yeah i can see how it would;)

i think the idea that he just isnt happy with the way the post has been run is more to blame with the rumors saying he wants the position, but i just cant see him moving out of his dungeon and teacking DADA:rolly2:

Some more spoilers follow:

from Scifi Wire

Rowling Teases New Potter

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling offered up hints to future novels while answering children's questions at the Edinburgh Book Festival on Aug. 15, her official Web site reported. "Well, I don't think it is giving too much away to say that [Harry] will survive to book seven, mainly because I do not want to be strangled by you lot, but I am not going to say whether he grows any older than that, because I have never said that. You are good at putting me on the spot!"

Rowling, who is currently writing the sixth volume in the series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, talked about the new books in an elliptical way. "I thought that I would give you something though, rather than get to the end of today and think that I have not given you a lot. There are two questions that I have never been asked, but that I should have been asked, if you know what I mean. If you want to speculate on anything, you should speculate on these two things, which will point you in the right direction. The first question that I have never been asked—it has probably been asked in a chatroom, but no one has ever asked me—is, 'Why didn't Voldemort die?' Not 'Why did Harry live?' but, 'Why didn't Voldemort die?' The killing curse rebounded, so he should have died. Why didn't he? At the end of Goblet of Fire he says that one or more of the steps that he took enabled him to survive. You should be wondering what he did to make sure that he did not die. I will put it that way. I don't think that it is guessable. It may be—someone could guess it—but you should be asking yourself that question, particularly now that you know about the prophecy. I'd better stop there, or I will really incriminate myself."

Rowling added, "The other question that I am surprised no one has asked me since [Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix] came out—I thought that people would—is why Dumbledore did not kill or try to kill Voldemort in the scene in the ministry? I know that I am giving a lot away to people who have not read the book. Although Dumbledore gives a kind of reason to Voldemort, it is not the real reason. When I mentioned that question to my husband—I told Neil [Murray] that I was going to mention it to you—he said that it was because Voldemort knows that there are two more books to come. As you can see, we are on the same literary wavelength. [Laughs.] That is not the answer; Dumbledore knows something slightly more profound than that. If you want to wonder about anything, I would advise you to concentrate on those two questions. That might take you a little bit further."

Hmm, interesting. The way I interpreted the prophecy was, either Harry kills Voldemort, or Voldemort kills Harry. So the curse didn't kill Voldemort, because he delivered it, not Harry.

*shrug* Any other ideas?

I think that somehow Harry and Voldemort were linked together by the spell. I'm not sure if she is joking, but she has said many times that the Seventh book is the last because Harry may not survive, which leads me to think that he dies. The only explanation for that is that he must die for Voldemort to die too.

The actual spell cast by Harry's mother needs futher explanation though. Didn't she sacrifice herself to save Harry? I think that has some bearing on it all.

I think there will be some kind of final battle at the end of book 7 in which they both die. What if Voldemort was to tell Harry, "I am your father!" :eek:

Lol, that would be great! "You killed my father!" "No, Harry, I am your father!" :lol: :rolly2:

Good theory, tho. It'd definately be a shocker if the only way to get rid of Voldemort is for Harry to die as well. Though I think JK would have to spend the rest of her life running from an angry mob! :p

ill lead that mob too:p, what im wondering about is dumbledore telling tom there are other things other then death that are just as bad, thats what i want to know about what did he mean:rolly2:

I just saw the Simpsons episode with JKR. She says that Harry grows up and marries Lisa Simpson. I think that's probably as true as any of these other rumours.

haha, ur most likely right dave, course we could start some more crazier ones, but then whats the point, im sure there are plenty already out there:rolly2:

lol! Well we don't have long to wait to find out the truth now anyway, 6 days! Still a lot of wierd suggestions floating around the web. I think they get wierder the closer we get to next saturday :rolly2:

yeah, not to mentiont he # of "real" copys of the book for sale on ebay, before they come out officialy:rolly2:

are u kidding, there are so many suckers out there, that im suprised there arent more people take advantage of us all:p :rolly2:

one of the pages got out..
got scanned..
SPOILERS EVERYWHERE i advise unless you want to read them.. stop reading now..

*realises theres no spoiler tag*

*SPOILERRRRRR*

Dumbledore dies or is very close to it, murdered by the half blood prince...
the prince i supposedly snape.. but snape is on harrys side? draco is good?

*No More SPOILERRRRRR*
its all that could be deduced from the page..

the book is out now so lets find out ne?