Book5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

J K Rowling's comments suggest that the death is very shocking. I thought that the death in 'Goblet of Fire' was fairly "shocking", so she must be mean that it is a major character, close to Harry.

I have no idea, but you may be correct with Dumbledore. I can't see it being Ron or Hermione, I see them becoming an item.

Jo Rowling said that she wasn't enjoying writing the death scene in the book, she found it difficult - so I would have to agree and say that it will be one of the characters that everyone likes, which would rule out Crabbe and Goyle, but certainly point to either Dumbledore or Hagrid as the most likely.

I hope it's neither of them, but nasty stuff has to happen sometimes.

i have a question of speculation for every one, does any one think that Mad eye moody will stay and be the new teacher of defense of the dark arts? Because if i remember correctley he was one of Dumbledores old crowd. and he was offered the job already so?,

and do we have a confirmed release date yet?:rolly2:

Received an email from www.amazon.co.uk telling me looks like we have a release date for this long awaited book

21st june 2003

Lets all hope that is comes out then.

annette :)

wow im so happy its coming out on my b-day:D :eek: :D :rolly2: :rolly2: :rolly2: , i cant wait that would be a good present (hint hint any body)

Originally posted by Annette
21st june 2003
Lets all hope that is comes out then.

That is official. It was in UK newspapers today too, and all the bookstores are now taking orders. I just hope they print enough copies.

Do you realise it is longer than 'Goblet of Fire'? That is huge for a childrens book. It is comparable to a Charles Dickens book. Shaun's link has more on that.

but dave thats good all the more for things to happen, and i would be dissapointed if it wasnt longer that book 4 considering how long she took to write it:rolleyes:

Yes, but if I have to wait until my daughter reads it and then my wife reads it, I'll not get hold of it until Book 6 comes out.

Scifi Wire -- Potter V Already A Best Seller

Just two days after its June 21 release was announced on Jan. 15, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is topping best-seller lists, the Reuters news service reported. Online book store Amazon.com made J.K. Rowling's long-awaited sequel available for pre-order almost immediately after the announcement, without listing a price. Two hours later the book was the top seller on the site, Reuters said.

While Amazon.com did not release pre-order numbers, Reuters reported that the first-day figures were 100 times those of the last book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which set a record for the largest book pre-order in history at more than 400,000 orders prior to its release three years ago.

Industry leader Barnes & Noble told the news service that pre-orders have been pouring in to its Web site, bn.com, and announced that its brick-and-mortar stores across the United States will remain open until midnight on June 20 so that fans can purchase the book at the earliest possible opportunity.

I guess we'll just have to get three copies!!!

yeah that sounds like my family Dave, we are gonna have to get at least 2:rolleyes: , and that doesnt suprise me that shes already gotten it to the top of the list, i think shes gonna grap it with the next 3 to:rolleyes:

I'm all excited again now seeing the pics of the books. There are pictures in todays 'The Sun' newspaper here in the UK. Can't wait to read it. I must admit I do like the cover of the US version.

annette :)

hmm im not sure i like the cover compared the last couple, but oh well, and just like Tab, im kinda getting excited about it coming out :D :rolly2:

I like the adult cover for UK. WHY can't I get that one *here* in the States? :whine: ;)

Originally posted by Skip
Coudln't you order it online Lisaine?

Yes, I can...and I think I will... :) Just have to track down where and IF I've pre-ordered it elsewhere... :D

More Spoilers...

Here are some spoilers about OOTP which were on the Newsround website today. www.bbc.co.uk/newsround

Lord Voldemort's rise has opened a rift in the wizarding world between those who believe the truth about his return, and those who prefer to believe it's all madness and lies - just more trouble from Harry Potter.

Add this to a host of other worries for Harry...

A Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher with a personality like poisoned honey
A venomous, disgruntled house-elf
Ron as Keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch team
And of course, what every student dreads: end-of-term Ordinary Wizarding Level exams.
And you know what Harry faces during the day. But at night it's even worse, because then he dreams of a single door in a silent corridor.
And this door is somehow more terrifying than every other nightmare combined.

Ron: New Gryffindor Keeper

In the richest instalment yet of JK Rowling's seven-part story, Harry Potter confronts the unreliability of the very government of the magical world, and the impotence of the authorities at Hogwarts.

Despite this (or perhaps because of it) Harry finds depth and strength in his friends, beyond what even he knew; boundless loyalty, and unbearable sacrifice.

Though thick runs the plot (as well as the spine), readers will race through these pages, and leave Hogwarts, like Harry, wishing only for the next train back.

:-D Sinistra

cool thanks Sin, that just makes me want it to come along with my b-day that much more faster:p:rolly2:

Ooo nice i want th eboomk now... ~cant wait for the 21'st of july~