Sisko's catchphrase

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
What do you all think Sisko's catchphrase was after all the following had these.
TOS = Didn't have one.

TNG = Engage

DS9 = ???

VOY = Do it.

Of course the thing that mostly matters is that it doesn't have to be commonly used like in TNG picard rarely used "Engage" in the later episodes so after discutions over it with my freinds we have come to the conclusion that sisko's phrase was.

"Maximum magnification"

Of course not because he uses it often it's just the way he says it and its kinda funny.

Now all thats left to figure is Kirks phrase and drink which i think was coffee because in trouble with tribbles he says this is my sandwhich and my coffee so its just his phrase then.

So, you have never heard of "Beam me up Scotty"?

A phrase never actually uttered by anyone in the whole of TOS, but which everyone knows, even people who don't know Star Trek. Even BBC world service reporters say 'Beam', I heard one this morning.

Kirk says things like "Scotty, two to beam up" or "Ready to beam up" or "Beam up the landing party" but never those actual words.

I find it quite Fascinating !! You see there were loads of them.

yer u got a point..... but there not ones which are used like the ones i said... all crew would have said "1,2,3 etc... to beam up"..

Well what about the opening words then... These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise... Kirk said those first.

Actually, the Original series had loads of catchphrases, probably more than any other series. Scotty had the most... "The Engines canna take it Captain", and "We need more power, Captain" among several.

But as for Sisko, he was a man of action not words, and I think they did little visual things like the baseball with him instead.

Gotta think about Sisko for awhile. But for TOS how about:

"I'm a doctor, not a (fill in the blank)" and "He's/She's/They're dead, Jim," for Bones?

And doesn't Kirk say "Take us out..." At least in the movies?

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

for Sisko how about "I dont want to hear about it"
dunno how often he said it, but with the way he speaks it sounds good..

Sisko is a tough one. The only thing I can think of him saying consistently is calling Dax, "old man."

I agree it's true that maybe his catchphrase is more physical/visual than verbal. Like with the baseball thing.

One physical thing he always did, that I loved, was kissing Jake on the top of the head. That was very definitely a signature thing for him. I always thought it was sweet and showed a real distinct sense about him as a person, a man and a father. His devotion to his son.

And it was cool that he was the only one of all 4 Trek captains to have a family.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

that was one of the best things about DS9, the exploration of family life, and the interactions between starfleet, civilians and aliens, on and off duty...

Originally posted by markpud
when did Sisko say that?? ;)

He never said "Very good".:rolly2:

In 'Indiscretion' he says Big Step when Kasidy wants to move onto the station.

Also, several variations on his life being not linear in 'Emissary'.

They get my vote for a catchphrase.

Back