what happened....

Ye, as they say here in the south, they just up an' cancelled it. :(

"Jack" always had lower ratings than "Cleo," and both were very expensive to film anyway. "Hercules," if you recall, was doing decently in the ratings, but was becoming more and more expensive to film, and Sorbo wanted a raise if he were to stay with it, even for another year. They balked, and so he walked.

Anyway, "Back 2 Back" never did as well as Herc - syndicated shows were dropping in popularity anyway, because more and more indie stations were airing UPN and WB programming in the prime hours, and sticking B2B at 2 AM or later.

So after the first run of 22 shows were filmed, they filmed more "Cleo" eps, and the big rumor was that "Jack" was going to get the axe. (They had filmed ebough to run through the fall and winterm either way.) "Jack" never even had a "wrap party" from the studio, so the four leads chipped in and paid for one out of their own pockets.

And all went their separate ways - Bruce was up for the Agent Doggett role in "The X-Files" and finished writing his book (now #19 on the NY Times Best Seller list) Stuart and Stephen got heavily into stage gigs, and Angie went on location with her boyfriend for "Star Wars." And on Sept. 23rd, Bruce announced that it had officially been cancelled. :(

It never really had a chance, even if it hadn't been so expensive to produce. Fans of slapstick and comedy-adventure weren't wild about the kung-fu/sci-fi/babe factor aspect of "Cleo" and so never really watched either, while Cleo fans simply turned off the TV before Jack came on. Really either they should have alternated which one went first, or they should have had an hour-long episode of *each*, every other week.

But, hindsight is 20-20.

:flash: A NEW JACKFAN ON THE BOARD!! :flash:

I knew you were cool, TG, when I saw your posts on the Pretender!! LOL...I just haven't gotten to reply yet :D

Always glad to see a new potential member of Jack's Pack! So tell us about yourself - which episodes did you like, which characters, etc.!

Back