Cassandra

of course he is --

but this is the Cassandra thread --

so - back to her ---

we're improving the character --

someone wanna list what we already know about her?

we can start w/ this:

Name: Cassandra
Origin: Bedoin? (do we know?)
First Death: Kronos stabbed her for no real good reason
Weapons: (she uses a broadsword, not sure what kind, sorry)

Biographical info: was training as a healer, was captured by the horsemen and made a slave; escaped and ran away. Somewhere she learned some witchcraft, seduced young Duncan MacLeod in Donnan Woods, found him later to fulfill the 'prophesy', then tried to erradicate the whole horsemen clan -- only Methos is left.

anything else??? or should we just start building from here?

see - as you can tell, there's nothing about her -- for an immie of 3000 years - there needs to be a LOT more backstory to make the character stronger --- (forget that Tracy Scoggins wasn't a good choice)

yeah - forgot about him ---

okay - so - she still is 3000 years old and has not history --

so - what do you think she did after she escaped the Horsemen?

well for one thing she found someone who told her about being a Immortal now I'm not possative but I think Methos had told her something like he was the one bringing her back from the dead so someone must have found her and tought her

yes - he said that he was in control of her 'life' to an extent -- i guess telling her he had 'magical' powers to bring her back from the dead, so he could kill her as often as he liked --

so, yes, she would have needed someone to tell her that she was immortal and that the man who had killed her and brought her back was also immie --

okay -so, who would she have met? a woman? a man? i would guess someone inherently good or Cassandra would have been just like the Horsemen --- or something ----

ideas? thoughts??

right...she had to have had a teacher after she left the horseman....and I'm thinking it was most likely a womwn...just because at that point she most likely was not all that keen on having a man as a teacher of any kind...or ever again maybe...

good point -- choccie for Dia!! woohoo!

(okay - i'm in a weird mood -- hey, i finished a fic, what do you expect??)

alright -

Cassandra left the Horsemen camp and wandered, probably for several moths - this is a desert here - then was found by a female immortal -- i would guess probably, at least, 200 - 300 years old (maybe older), who would have to gain her trust and teach her 'the game' --

next --

so how long was she there...and did they part on good terms...and where did she learn witchcraft?

Congrats on the fic and thanks for the choco :rolly2:

how long? hmmm - i'd say, quite some time -- she'd need to learn swordfighting and how to overpower men -- or convince them you're weak so you can overpower them --

learning witchcraft?? hmmm - could have been anywhere - but, as advanced as she was supposed to have been, i'd guess she'd need to pick it up pretty soon after leaving her first teacher, or her first teacher also taught her the witchcraft --

thanx -- it's a challenge response for L&O -
and only the 1st installment in a longer series -- but, it can only be a max of 5000 words ---- it's sitting around 3500 - not too bad - and it moved kinda fast -- probably why i'm done already -

and you're welcome for the chocco!

any ideas who Cassandra's first 'real' teacher was? b/c Methos didn't really teach her much, i'd assume

I'm still thinking it was a woman....but not sure who it might have been...who knows how long she wandered before she found someone to teach her

oh i'm sure she did -- and she was probably confused as anything - probably still thinking that Methos had 'power' over her b/c he told her he would kill her as many times as it took to tame her -- and depending on her intelligence level - after about the 3rd or 4th time she 'died' and no one came to get her - she might have figured out that Methos was something of a liar and had NO control over her anymore ---

hard to say really ----