When Does Voyager Really Get Home?

ray gower

Forgive me. I haven't seen End Game (still waiting for the Beeb and the vid hasn't arrived in Tesco's) and I am confused.

From what I am told Voyager gets home after twenty plus years, sans a number of characters. (Fair enough!)
Then Janeway disappears and brings them back again after only seven years in the Delta Quadrant.

This premise leads me to a number of observations:-

1/ Over 7 years they meet so many races (all rather similar looking) they must be wall to wall. They are all capable of space flight, yet they have never heard of each other. Then they see and do nothing for ten years?

2/ Many of the episodes occur over a time frame of weeks and months not hours and they were not AU, thinking of stories like where Voyager is hijacked, Janeway and Chakotay are left behind, even Scorpion.

I actually sat down and worked the timelines out (sad bugger), the latest I can conceivably return them home after seven years is about middle/late season five. This assumes that there is no more than a week between episodes, which is clearly impossible considering the levels of damage often endured.
Splitting the seasons evenly over twenty years (more realistic to my mind) would bring them back at the end of season three!

Can somebody deconfuse me

Originally posted by ray gower
Over 7 years they meet so many races (all rather similar looking) they must be wall to wall. They are all capable of space flight, yet they have never heard of each other. Then they see and do nothing for ten years?

They do 'things' but they are not in the story, so we don't know what they are, and the timeline is changed so they now don't exist anymore.

Originally posted by ray gower
Many of the episodes occur over a time frame of weeks and months not hours and they were not AU, thinking of stories like where Voyager is hijacked, Janeway and Chakotay are left behind, even Scorpion.

I would trust your calculations on this. I can only tell you that the 'Star Trek Chronology' by Michael and Denise Okuda assumes that episodes span an average of approximately two weeks. This way 'one season' = 'one real year'. As you say, Voyager has had many more episodes which spanned more than two weeks compared to earlier series. (Didn't the 'Year of Hell' last a year) Added to that is the fact that we cannot reference other events like the Dominion War because they don't know about it. The Chronology that I have only goes up to the second season so I don't know how they will deal with it.

it would seem that some episdoes occur in the space of one or two days though, so i guess it evens out by the end...

The timeline thingy always confused me

ok I love Star Trek I allways have I allways will but it can be VERY confusing. So just don't pay any noteice to the time line you'll only get a headeak

Sounds like something Janeway said in Endgame that Dru

*giggle* Really? I didn't know that......

Yer cant remember the exact quote but she said it to herself... just remember her rubbing her forhead as saying it...

Ow well there goes neo on another pathway ... i can e=never remember the full details of anything...

Back