The First Amendment--anybody notice...

bummer

Bruce Campbell love slave
Has anybody read this one? I just finished it, and I noticed a silly mistake, among others, that kinda annoyed me. I had to go back and check just to make sure I wasn't imagining things :D In the middle of the book Sam's referred to as a Major....then by the end of the book, Jack calls her a Captain, then on the same page calls her a Major again....could we not have proofread better than that? LOL

Did anybody else who read Ashley McConnell's books get the impression that she hadn't watched the show much? I'd be interested to know what everybody else thought of this one. I've seen some of the commentaries on the other books...and I'm about to start on Morpheus Factor myself. So far, I haven't been incredibly impressed, but they aren't horrible. <shrug> Maybe I just need the eyecandy ;)

Originally posted by bummer

Did anybody else who read Ashley McConnell's books get the impression that she hadn't watched the show much? I'd be interested to know what everybody else thought of this one. I've seen some of the commentaries on the other books...and I'm about to start on Morpheus Factor myself. So far, I haven't been incredibly impressed, but they aren't horrible. <shrug> Maybe I just need the eyecandy ;)

Yeah in a way I would have to agree with you, I have read The First Amendment but I didn't notice that mistake.... I will go check:D

I have also just finished reading The Morpheus Factor and I didn't think it was all that good....it had that kinda weird thing going on like in The first Amendment (was not a great fan of that either) I found it a really hard book to get into but I will say that it got a little better towards the middle:D
It didn't also have the sharp ending (not really)
But one big mistake was they called Sam....Amanda Carter (its on page 150)
So all in all I think I will say that I agree I also have not been that impressed with any of the books so far....but then maybe I too need the eye candy:kisses:

They called her Amanda Carter?? Jeez, can we please invest in some better proofreading here??? How hard can it be! :D

Well, I haven't started Morpheus yet, as I had predicted....but we shall see....I for one will be glad to miss the sharp ending for once....

I'm glad somebody else agrees that the books are just not up to the standards we expect ;) Well, for one thing, you would hope they would at least get the main characters' names and rank correct!

Originally posted by bummer

I'm glad somebody else agrees that the books are just not up to the standards we expect ;) Well, for one thing, you would hope they would at least get the main characters' names and rank correct!

Have to agree....hey maybe we should pffer our services to proof read for them;)

Let me know what you think of the book when you have finished reading:rolly2:

Not so bad

I have read all four of Ashley McConnell's books and they are not bad, just a little overpriced for what you get. I think "The Price You Pay" is the best. Personally I like any merchandise to with Stargate. Is Bill McCay a good author?
:rolly2:

I've read the Bill McCay books, but it's been a long, long time. I don't remember having a problem with his writing, I just prefer reading about SG-1...not the team from the movie. Other than that, I can't remember anything bad about the books. If you liked the movie, I believe you will like the books....but I'd hate to steer you wrong! Maybe I'll drag the books out and give you a better opinion later ;)