finding avatars just the right size......

Arwen

Science fiction fantasy
Does anyone know where I can find avatars 50x50 to post on my thingy....it's just not working for me.... *runs to go get ice cream and comfort herself*

Talon-:(

the best way to get an avatar that's just the right size is to make it yourself, or have someone do it for you --

this can be done a couple ways --- if you have a graphics program (don't know the titles of any, b/c i don't have one) - you can make them -- or if you have microsoft photo editor - it will do it too (guess this is a graphics program) and i think 'paint' on typical microsoft based compies will do it too --

what you do is find you're piccie -- (and this is in MS Photo Editor) -- open it in the program - 'crop' it as necessary - cut pieces off to include the part you want as your avatar -- then 'shrink' it --

you kinda just have to play around w/ it until you get one that is both 50x50 AND the right file size -- b/c they can only be so large or it would take up too much space ---

if you can't figure out how to make one, or just don't wanna - post a note in the chit chat thread and someone will be happy to oblige you ---- there are tons o' ppl over there who love to do stuff like that -----

hope this helps!!

ohhhhh Thankies.....

thanks and by the way..... you have an alien named jack? You should have one and name him Eric

Talon

Re: ohhhhh Thankies.....

Originally posted by Talon
thanks and by the way..... you have an alien named jack? You should have one and name him Eric

Talon

you're welcome --

and of course i have an alien named Jack -- he's named after both Jack O'Neill of Stargate SG-1 and Jack McCoy of Law & Order --

to find out the reasons for the other names -- go to the ChitChat thread and under 'post clubs and alien threads' you'll see 'where did your alien names come from' - or something similar -- and the explanations are there -

btw - one more post and you will have your own alien --

Hey, talon, I can make an avatar for ya...just find me the piccie you want to use.

~ana

ana -- i see you've named one of your aliens Lyle -- now, why would you do that?? <eg> hehe --

avatars are fun -- i'm almost considering changing mine again -

i have one in mind - just not sure i'm ready to give up Methos yet, tho -----

Originally posted by Analise
*grins*

Take a wild guess H2.

~ana

ummmmmm -- <shrugs innocently> i dunno! :naughty:

hey - why didn't you put up a Lyle avatar???

Uhm....don't have a good enough piccy of him...

If you've got one, send it to me.

~ana

Uhm....don't have a good enough piccy of him...

If you've got one, send it to me.

~ana

i don't think i have any --

but you can check Lois' Daily Planet -- she's got all things Lyle and Jamie Denton --- sneak over there --- she's got lots o' stuff!!

she likes Lyle more than me!! ;)

When I get around to making him the right size.

*wonders who's more impatient h2, or her lyle muse*

~ana

Okay, H2, rejoice...I now have a Lyle avatar.

(now I just need to make a Dami one)

~ana

When I get around to making him the right size.

*wonders who's more impatient h2, or her lyle muse*

~ana

Lyle is -- he told me to type that --

i have very pushy muses!

*grins*

I thought so. Poor H2. *snerk*

*waves* hi lyle!

~ana

do i have to teach you about the smilies??

waves -- :)

grins -- (there are lots of these) :rolly2: ;) :D

alien -- :alienooh:

naughty -- :naughty: (this one can kinda be <eg> too)

Lyle would say hi, but he's sulking ---

and yes -poor me -- pushy muses ----