The Preferred Destinies Of The TNG Crew! (SPOILERS GALORE INSIDE!)

Neo

Red Pixie Boot Wearer
According to the current rumors surrounding Star Trek X, this could be the final film for the crew of the Enterprise D and E and present reports are circling revealing the various states of Picard and friends by the film's end. Of course, TNG fans have already had a glimpse into A POSSIBLE future fate for the crew courtesy of TNG's final episode, "All Good Things..." How do the two compare? What preferences are there for how one of our beloved officers ended up in AGT in contrast to how he/she is rumored to end up in ST:X?
1) Picard: In AGT, Picard ends up taking care of the family vineyards while deteriorating from a 24th century Altzeimer's. In ST:X, Picard, feeling re-invigorated, retains command of the Enterprise-E.

2) Riker: In AGT, Riker is a bitter old admiral in command of a souped-up Enterprise-D. In ST:X. Riker marries Troi and finally making captain, takes command of the USS Titan.

3) Troi: In AGT, she's dead. In ST:X, she marries Riker and moves onto the Titan with him.

4) Beverly: In AGT, she's divorced from Picard and in command of the medical ship, Pasteur. In ST:X, she is reassigned to Starfleet Medical on Earth and hints at a possible future romance with picard.

5) Data: In AGT, he's a professor at Oxford. In ST:X, he is rumored to die although Skinofevil's sources say this is not so!

6) Geordi: In AGT, he's a writer married to Leah (Brahms?). In ST:X, he dates Leah, but remaines aboard the Enterprise with Picard.

7) Worf: In AGT, he's a bitter govenor in the Klingon Empire. In ST:X, he's discovered he doesn't like "ambassadoring" and so he returns to continue serving under Picard by the films end.

So which destinies are better? Which are disappointing? Which are totally out of character?

Well, I didn't like seeing Picard feeble in 'All Good Things', so I definitely prefer the 'remain in command' ending.

I thought Riker & Troi made a good couple, though for some reason, it's hard to tthink of Riker as a married man. :D I might have preferred him to stay on the Enterprise, but he deserves his own command. He didn't come across too well as the bitter old admiral in 'AGT'.

Don't want to see Data die (be destroyed/permanently deactivated) in ST:X!!!

Would like to see the possibility ofa romance between Picard & Crusher.

I'd also like to see Geordi & Worf remain aboard the Enterprise.

little star :star:

Yer did not liek seeing Picard old and feeble... was very sad

no i didn't like seeing picard like that either so am glad that he's gonna stay in command but he's gonna have to retire eventually!

At the time i liked the Worf/Troi thing but now i definetly think that Troi with Riker is better off. Call me a hopeless romantic but I don't think Worf should marry again.

Data dying??
eek2.gif

eek2.gif
eek2.gif

I liked Captain Beverly Picard, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see what she's like at Starfleet medical.

Not that i'm complaining but why does Worf keep on coming back to Picard's enterprise. If he doesn't like his ambassador job shouldn't he go back to ds9??

no, not very nice at all! First the'picard dying' rumors, now data!

BTW, maria, love the jaw-dropping smiles!!!! :D :D

Just to correct you. Data is Professor at Cambridge University, not Oxford. Most likely, it is important to you if you are at one of those institutions.

I read that Data dies courageously saving Picard, but that as he had transferred his memories into his new found android brother (in order to get him up to speed) he lives on in him. Truth or Rumour -- who knows!! But Brent Spinner has very publicly said many times that he feels that he is too old to continue playing Data, since Data should not age.

You didn't mention my favourite version of Riker. I like the one from 'Parallels' where he is Captain of a battered old Enterprise-D, the last remaining Federation vessel, still fighting the Borg.

I think that Worf leaving Ambassadorial duties to return to the Enterprise is implausable. He would want his own command now, but we shall see.........

Originally posted by Dave
I think that Worf leaving Ambassadorial duties to return to the Enterprise is implausable. He would want his own command now, but we shall see.........

But the incident where he fails a mission to recover an agent because he tends for an injured Jadzia leads Sisko to say that Worf will probably never get his own command, also I couldnt picture him having the patience to be an abmassador so going back into service on the enterprise seams reasonably sensible, and it gets him into the film ;)

Glad to see you back.

Originally posted by markpud
But the incident where he fails a mission to recover an agent because he tends for an injured Jadzia leads Sisko to say that Worf will probably never get his own command.

I forgot about that. There was something said about it going on his record. Tough going! Enough to make a Klingon lose his cool exterior.

Originally posted by markpud
and it gets him into the film.

In real life teams do get split up. Especially, good ones. They go on and train new people, etc. It's a little unbelievable that Worf, Troi, and Reg have new jobs but all (most likely) come back to the Enterprise at the start of each film. The ship is too top heavy with experience. None of the Ensigns would have a chance of promotion. And all the stuff about Riker (in 'Best of Both Worlds') living "in the shadow of a great man", was obviously spot on the truth.

Originally posted by little star
no, not very nice at all! First the'picard dying' rumors, now data!

BTW, maria, love the jaw-dropping smiles!!!! :D :D

Not very nice at all.... but looking more an more likely to be true..

Originally posted by Dave
Glad to see you back.

In real life teams do get split up. Especially, good ones. They go on and train new people, etc. It's a little unbelievable that Worf, Troi, and Reg have new jobs but all (most likely) come back to the Enterprise at the start of each film. The ship is too top heavy with experience. None of the Ensigns would have a chance of promotion. And all the stuff about Riker (in 'Best of Both Worlds') living "in the shadow of a great man", was obviously spot on the truth.

yeah there has always been too much experience in the movie crews though. It was the only ship in the fleet to have an admiral in command til Kirk got himself demoted, but still Spock, Kirk both captain rank, Sulu, Scotty, Uhura commanders,...etc...

thats true MArkpud.... I do hope they move on but hope that the movies dont stop...

Lets see a DS9 Movie....