What's Anime?

Maria8475

It goes on.....
Hey everyone,

i know this is gonna sound like a totally silly question but what counts as Anime? Is it any cartoon or it there some specific criteria thing?

:star:

:eek: Anime is a style of drawing, which is mainly done in Japan and China. It is the style with the big eyes and weird hair styles. If you've eva seen pokemon, Digimon, Sailor moon, Gundam wing or anything like that, that's the style of drawing. Some are better than others though, so if u see one anime show and it's naff, it doesn't mean another one is.

Hope that helped!

Hi!

Hi everone i'm the newest member of ascifi so could you please tell me what the hell do i do and what the hell is anime (is it that stupid japanese style cartoon?) :cool:

MARIA PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THAT SOMEONE I KNOW DOESN'T KNOW WHAT ANIME IS!?! HA only kidding!!
look anime is great it's like a tone down version of manga. I just love Dragon Ball Z. Why don't you try watching it. It's comming on Cartoon Network from September. Favourite character has to be Vegeta. Or he was until my brothers started calling me Vegeta because i have the unfortunate habit of standing with my arms folded in karate. Then they started calling me Trunks as well because of my denim jacket. They know more about it than i do.
Anyway don't knock it till you've tried it that's all i have to say okay bye!:lol: :disturbed :lol:

i wasn't knocking it!!! *hands up in surrender mode*

And dmalfoy, i did know that you talked about certain cartoons all the time, i just didn't know they were banded together under a category.

I watch pokemon on occation, my siblings are big fans, and i will defiently try Dragon Ball Z. happy now??

:star:

dmalfoy who do you think is stronger? vegeta or goku? not including when there super saiyan

Originally posted by Talon
dmalfoy who do you think is stronger? vegeta or goku? not including when there super saiyan
in what saga? because If you mean at the end of dbz it's goku with a power level of 100,000,000,000

erm ok!! its goku!! in DBGT gohan bcums the strongest warrior but i DBAF trunks and bra and pan bcum the strogest!!

dmalfoy, I think I'm going to like you :D

Who's stronger? Gokou. Who is the better character? Vegeta, hands down!

Why, you may ask? Um, because he's Vegeta! he permeates my page, so there!

f course Gohan is stronger at the end of DBZ........ Gokou's dead! No, I don't really count him as strong, because he has to reach a certain point in anger/emotion to get there. Gokou could get to where he was at will.

To me, Gohan is like Misty's Psyduck... he has to get a headache before he does us any good. That, and he doesn't keep up his training when he gets older. He turns into a geek. If I wanted to see a geek, I'd look in the mirror..... I'm going to shut up now.

Misty: I choose you, Starme! Oh no, not you Gohan!
Gohan: Aiyiyi!

but in the buu saga he turn mistic and the get him more power then ssj3 goku:p oh and he doesn't have to be pissed to unleash his true power

who cares if we're off topic...anyway...Anime rocks...blah blah blah... And trunks is the best off DBZ,Pwars cool too,but hes not a fighter