Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disappointing

• Other, give reason in post.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over on the Comming Attractions message boards we ran through the movies, ranking them in order.

These were my votes...

1) Wrath of Kahn... Just plain cool. The peak.
2) The Voyage Home... TNG takes itself way to seriously, and their jokes usually feel forced.
3) First Contact... A ship that didn't look like bad 80's cgi, Borg, not overly message ridden. Like me some Star Trek on steroids.
4)Undiscovered Country... Was it a little phoned in, sure. Still a decent attempt at getting back to what made II so good.
5)Motion Picture... Robert Wise. Plus, when this came out, it was in the top 3 sfx films of all time (Star Wars, 2001... What else? Blew me away.)
Tie - 6)Generations... Blew up real good. The ship, that is. Someone didn't like that ship much at Paramount either, I'm guessing, so we got to see it blow up twice.
Tie - 6)Search for Spock... Blew that ship up real good too! A movie later we get the same model with a new decal? A ship that is decomissioned almost as fast as it was comissioned? Oh, and I guess we got Spock back too. I was young enough to buy just about anything when this came out, but I still had trouble accepting this.
8)Insurrection... Didn't suck, just had nothing that made any of the other movies interesting. I'm in that "good episode, but why is it a movie" land here.
9)Final Frontier... Sucked. "But Nimoy got to direct, so why can't I?" Kirk died two movies too late.

And this was the final tally...

Star Trek II: the Wrath of Kahn 228
Star Trek: First Contact -> 192
Star Trek VI: the Undiscovered Country -> 183
Star Trek IV: the Voyage Home - > 174
Star Trek III: the Search for Spock -> 138
Star Trek: Generations -> 109
Star Trek: the Motion Picture -> 103
Star Trek: Insurrection -> 83
Star Trek V: the Final Frontier -> 49

i liked ST:IV -- probably b/c it was the 1st one i really remember seeing -- i know i saw TMP at a drive-in theatre w/ a sunburn at like age 6 or 8 or something - yeah - sit through 2 hours of ugly costumes and V-ger w/ a sunburn?? um - no ---

ST:IV was funny to me -- tho ST:II is real close - Khan is just a great character --

i hated Generations - it was boring and didn't really tell me much except that somehow, they needed a way to transition into the new series - felt forced to me and the story wasn't interesting -

i like First Contact, and Insurrection was all right, but probably could have been better ----

I liked the quote Kirk died two movies too late...LOL

i think that FX (a cable channel in the US) has been running the ST movies lately -- in order even (i think) -- haven't watched 'em on tv b/c i have 'em on video, but they're on if anyone is in need of a ST movie fix ---

i think if you check yahoo's listings or your fave internet tv listing site you should be able to find it ---

i know they ran TMP, II, III, IV, and V (i think, not sure on V) -- so, guess VI is next, don't know if they'll run Generations and the rest, but keep eyes peeled ----

Sky one is showing Star Trek 2 on wednesday night 9pm

>>> Moving this to the new Star Trek Movies forum.

Seem to have a leader with 'First Contact'. I expected the newer films to be more popular in this poll because there are more younger people. I wonder how the DVD sales will go, once they are all released.

what is your faverite Trek Film

what is your faverite Trek Film?

It's a very close choice between 'ST4: The Voyage Home' and 'First Contact', but if I had to choose I'd probably go for 'The Voyage Home', as it was a lot more fun than 'First Contact' and was slightly tongue-in-cheek. ;) :D

I voted for 'Generations' as it was the FIRST 'Star Trek' film to bring the two captains of the Enterprise at the time together in a film

But on the whole it's the 'Next Generation' films that appeal to me a bit more

Can't decide but its a tie between "First Contact", "Wrath Of Khan" and "The Voyage Home".:cool:

It's close between ALL of the 'Next Generation Films' for me, but 'Generations' just has the edge over the others!

I loved them all but, my favorite is the Wrath of Khan. This movie was so intense for a Star Trek film. It had deep emotions going throughout the flick. The deep hatred of Kirk by Khan was portrayed beautifully by Ricardo Montalban. I don't think anyone else could've done that part justice.

Best Film

I think the best Star Trek film was First Contact (Even though Nemesis looks like it could beat it!) First Contact had lots of action, emotion, story and of course the Borg. I was also pleased to see all of the special cameos such as Ethan Phillips as the Maitre d', the EMH, Barclay and the USS Defiant.

Second best has to be The Wrath of Khan. Khan is still the best bad guy in my books, not to mention Ricardo Montalban is a really excellent actor.

All the other films have plenty that is good in them such as:

The Undiscovered Country (Had lots of action, story, great acting and was the last original film.)

The Search for Spock (Had the destruction of the original Enterprise, the death of David, the rebirth of Spock and the first appearance of that excellent Spacedock.)

The Voyage Home (Don't really like this one, apart from the bits at the beginning with the Probe draining power from everything and tearing up Earth. There was also that tear-jerking scene at the end where the crew meet the Enterprise-A for the first time.)

The Final Frontier (Generally thought of as really bad, but I liked it. It had great humour and lots of action.)

The Motion Picture (I now think of the new Directors Edition as the definitive version and so I now think this film is pretty good and has lots of action and great effects.)

Generations (I really love this film. It has the two crews, two Enterprises, the destruction of the Enterprise-D, Data using his emotion chip, the nexus. There are also many tear-jerking moments such as Kirk's death, the news of Robert and Rene's deaths, Picard getting reunited with Rene in the Nexus, Data crying after finding Spot alive and well in the wreckage of the Enterprise-D.)

Insurrection (Although pretty tame and mainly humour-orientated. This did have some great battle scenes such as between the Enterprise and the Son'a, and the away team against the Drones.

The best over all 'Star Trek' film is going to be extrenelky difficult to find as so many people prefer different ones to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.