I need your expert help with some Stargate questions....

imported_Nemesis

I am your Dis'tra!
im half way through updating my site t the moment, andone section is a stargate quiz (the film not the series, still sg though). i havent seen the film in a LOOOONG time. so can you guys come up with some baffling Stargate (film) trivia questions?
i only need 20, but i need 20 fairly hard and in-depth questions.
if i manage to get 20 decent questions up, ill put teh SG quiz on my site and credit the Ascifi community as the creators:D

so, anyone? im not expecting one person to come up with ALL 20, its a team effort

yeah - like markpud said -- check the quiz thread here --

but -- i don't think there are any film related questions --

but here's a good one ---

Question: What is Colonel O'Neil's son's name?

Answer: Tyler O'Neil (it's on an award in the bedroom - can be seen at the beginning of the movie when the 2 AF guys go to get Jack and he's sitting in his kid's room)

btw -- markpud - you spelled 'Connor MacLeod' wrong ---- (in your sig)

um how about...
Q1 when and where was the stargate found?
answer: giza plateau, 1928

Q2 who stays behind after the team go back through to earth?
answer: daniel Jackson

they are obvious ones...

okay - here's one -

what is the translation on the chalkboard BEFORE Daniel corrects it?

(sorry - don't have the answer right now on this one - haven't watched the movie in a month or so -- i can get back to you on it tho)

Movie triva...

Ok, here goes...

1. Which renowned author's references does Daniel Jackson blame for mistranslations of the heiroglyphics found on the converstones? Hint: "I don't know why they keep reprinting his books..."

2. How old does the radio carbon dating say the coverstones are?

3. Which star constellation is the first to be identified on the coverstones?

4. How long had the translation team been working when Dr. Jackson solves the coverstone mystery?

5. How long did Dr. Jackson take to solve it?

6. Which member of the Abydos expedition states that he was stationed in the Middle East, and has never seen sandstorms anything like on Abydos?

7. How many death gliders does Ra dispatch to punish the village on Abydos?

8. Name an actor who reprised his role from the Stargate movie in the television series Stargate: SG-1...

9. To film the scene where Dr. Jackson is dragged across the desert, what animals were used in the mastadge costume? Hint: one is large, the other small...

10. Which two US states were locations for the Stargate film?

11. Just before filming, the stargate was repainted the familiar silvery charcoal color, because the directors and producers felt it looked too much like something in its original color. What object, and what color, were they concerned about?

How's that for a start?

Answers (don't look 'til you've tried answering the questions!):

1. E. A. Wallis Budge

2. Ten thousand years

3. Orion

4. Two years

5. Fourteen days

6. Ferretti

7. Two

8. Erick Avari (Kasuf), or Alexis Cruz (Skaara)

9. A horse and a dog

10. Arizona and California

11. The stargate was painted black, and it looked too much like a tire.

-- Adele

those questions are brill guys.
i used some of them but some (like adeles) arent really related to the actual film, but r related to the filming. and those are some hallenging questions adele, i dont really want to tell you how mny of those i got right, i got the orion one correct though:D